Frightfest 2013 Ticket Information

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
pauljames
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Frightfest 2013 Ticket Information

Post by pauljames »

BabyJaneHudson wrote:Just been told by the cinema that they have no idea when the individual tickets are coming on sale. Maybe Im getting confused but I thought that they were on sale on the 27th of July, I think I saw that in a previous FFest announcement, but on the website now they are supposed to be available from 11.00 am today 29th. The gentleman I spoke with also said that he did not know if they were available to buy in person at the cinema.

:(

If anyone has any info on this please share it so I can reduce my stress - thanks.
every past year the individual seats have gone on sale one month before the festival starts.

this year according to this website and the empire's website they were due on sale today HOWEVER total film's website says they're on sale saturday july 27th at noon which is when i thought they would be.

i assume total film is correct but can anyone from FF confirm this??

also i see the number of individual tickets has been drastically cut and judging by the empire website's map the individual seats are all going to be to the far right and left of the auditorium, unless i have read the map wrong?
Atari
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Atari »

Fairly sure 27th is correct.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

BabyJaneHudson wrote:With regards to the toilets, I think the staff do a pretty good job keeping them clean with the amount of people traffic they have to deal with during the festival. As someone else said, go over to Burger King and see the true definition of grim toilets :s
Blokes - Don't get pissed and learn how to aim. Easy peasy

Or keep a supply of 50p's for the downstairs bogs or run over for a MacPee (usually the better option)
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

I didn't think individual films were released today, just the weekend and day passes. I would prob imagine it's to save pressure on the Empires website

Hopefully everyone has their passes sorted out and got somewhere decent, we are down in row D this year which is nice and for which I am truly grateful to the person who got my pass sorted.

Regards food - I swerve a lot of the fast food places on L Sq bar Subway as its served quick and isn't really an issue if I bring a sandwich in with me. Breakfast I get at HHH but if you want something cooked then there is a cafe opp the Odeon on Shaftesbury Ave which does a breakfast for about £6 and it's pretty decent. That or something from McDonalds if I tire of HHH limited cold choices.

Meals are harder due to time constraints - chinese I'd go for a buffet option as you can soon scoot round but I've never found a decent one unless anyone can suggest a good one. I avoid the over priced Steak Houses and I'd be tempted by Wetherspoons or Yates but you can't guarantee the speed of the service.

Anyone new to going that stays at HHH there is a Sainsburys further up from HHH so I usually get some basics in and a few ready meals and if there is a mid afternoon movie that doesn't appeal i'll run back and eat there. I usually get bread, milk and a few bits and pieces too.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Atari
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Atari »

There is a tesco just round the corner. Much better than fast food.
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

Rang Empire again and I was told that they think that the individual tickets will be on sale about a month after the passes which is what I read originally and has been the case at previous years. They aren't quite sure why it says they are available today on the FFest website so Im not losing my marbles, I did see them advertised for the end of July ( 27th if I remember rightly) then today for June 29th.

Ok Im going to chillax now, I want the row furthest back on the right side of the screen as you face it, so I doubt our seats will be taken quickly even when they do come on sale....but

if they have cut back on individual seats then I will make sure as soon as those phone lines open my tickets are getting booked! Im fine with extreme sides of the cinema as long as Im in the aisle which isnt the aisle near the wall.

I need a brew after all this.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Atari wrote:There is a tesco just round the corner. Much better than fast food.
Where?
pauljames
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by pauljames »

there's a huge tesco just the other side of piccadilly circus - about a 5 min away if that
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Go left from the cinema and walk straight ahead for about 500 yards (you need to cross by the Angus Steakhouse and go to the end of that street). There's a sort of crossroad at the end of the street, and if you look right you should see a Tesco Express (or Urban, or whatever they're called in London) down the bottom of that road.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

BabyJaneHudson wrote:Rang Empire again and I was told that they think that the individual tickets will be on sale about a month after the passes which is what I read originally and has been the case at previous years. They aren't quite sure why it says they are available today on the FFest website so Im not losing my marbles, I did see them advertised for the end of July ( 27th if I remember rightly) then today for June 29th.

Ok Im going to chillax now, I want the row furthest back on the right side of the screen as you face it, so I doubt our seats will be taken quickly even when they do come on sale.....
I always face the screen when watching a film...

I jest, anyway if you haven't seen it, this is the seating plan:

http://www.empirecinemas.co.uk/_uploads ... 013_V3.pdf
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Thanks for the seating plan - been looking for that.

Now is Discovery Screen staying in Empire 4 or going to somewhere a bit larger this year?
Charlie
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Charlie »

One year I had to get individual tickets..... and I'm almost certain they didn't go on sale until the end of July.
WJB
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by WJB »

Ladies & Gents,

For the first time, I've managed to think ahead and book enough time off work to get a Festival Pass.

Two questions for some of the regulars:

Firstly, I bought online (pretty happy with the seat - still loads left even last night!), so can I just turn up at the Empire between now and Aug 22nd to pick up the pass? Is it just a basic paper ticket, or a full laminated affair / lanyard, etc? Do they give you anything else along with the pass - guide, brochure, etc?

Secondly, I'll be attending on my own (live in South London, so not far to travel), but I'm looking forward to meeting some like-minded horror fans for discussion and maybe even a few beers. Is this the kind of thing that happens? You all seem like a friendly & social bunch!!

Thanks guys - after so many years of missing Frightfest, I'm incredibly excited to be part of it this year!

Will.
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

Where you travelling from in South London dude?
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

The pass consists of a printed cinema paper stub and this slips into your lanyard.

I didn't see any programmes when buying my ticket (well, except some old ones being handed out for collectors) but there will be come the festival.

If past events are anything to go by, you'll get a whole punched in the lanyard when you pick up your goodie bag.

Discussion take place in all manner of locations in the cinema (foyer, toilet, bar), in the surrounding pubs, outside while smoking/trying to get natural light, while buying food.

Basically, anyone wearing a lanyard, or at the very least a horror t-shirt, is probably willing to engage in conversation about anything.

Bit like bus drivers, you might not know the person but there is an acknowledgement that you are all kindred spirits.