VHS 2 - do I or don't I?

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
bump3r1
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

VHS 2 - do I or don't I?

Post by bump3r1 »

As most of you are probably aware VHS2 became available via VOD & iTunes at midnight. Now the predicament is do I watch this via one of these platform's or wait to see if it's at FF this year, as much as I would love to watch this on a big screen with a great crowd if it isn't going to be shown I'm watching this badboy tonight.

Mmmm..what to do....
You think darkness is your ally but you have merely adopted the dark, i was born in it!!

Welcome to prime time, bitch!!

Craig Beecham - Facebook.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: VHS 2 - do I or don't I?

Post by DJBenz »

Difficult one, and to be honest with the sheer number of people that have access to US iTunes, Netflix etc, as well as the naughty ones who'll grab it off a torrent when it's available, I'm not sure how wise a choice it would be for the August programme.

You can either watch it now and cross your fingers it isn't on the bill, or wait until the line-up is announced on the 28th. Decisions, decisions... :P
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

The odd film I've managed to see before a festival I've found works even better seeing it again a month or two later with a crowd...

And it's not like you're going to remember every detail from the film in 10 weeks.

I wouldn't if it were the first V/H/S -- but that's because it sent me to sleep!
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

sherbetbizarre wrote:The odd film I've managed to see before a festival I've found works even better seeing it again a month or two later with a crowd...
Troll Hunter worked the other way round with me: didn't enjoy it so much at Frightfest, had a much better time with it when I watched it at home.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Oppiste for me; had already seen Troll Hunter before FF and enjoyed it more with the FF crowd plus the sound was amazing.

If you have already seen something at FF, you could always see what's playing at the discovery / Re-discovery screen. I skipped Tucker & Dale (already seen it) and watched Kidnapped - this turned out to be my number one film at FF that year; should have been on the mains IMO.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
bump3r1
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by bump3r1 »

For sure, a good movie can definitely be just as enjoyable the second time round and if VHS2 is the beast I'm led to believe it is then watching it a 2nd time round definitely won't be no chore.

Think I'll watch it, if it's disappointing & it shows at frightfest then that just means one thing - beer o'clock.
You think darkness is your ally but you have merely adopted the dark, i was born in it!!

Welcome to prime time, bitch!!

Craig Beecham - Facebook.
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

Didn't think the first one was that great, so nope, not bothering with this one. I watched a mountain of movies during previous years to get full use of my festival pass and it was a good experience, BUT to be honest only a handful were memorable. Seeing about 13 films this year that look interesting.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
Lost Highway
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Lost Highway »

I've seen it and thought it was far better than the first one and two episodes are minor classics IMO. However as it's going to be available on itunes etc and has basically already been released, it wouldn't be my first choice.
ZombieRandm
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by ZombieRandm »

Definitely wait to watch it at the festival. I wasn't a big fan of the previous film, only really a couple of the stories that were strong enough to be worthwhile watching. This one looks a lot better :).
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

It's had top write ups but I prefer to see any movie on a cinema screen with people who appreciate it

Watch it beforehand? My inquisitive side would probably win. Depends what the options are on other screens too
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

Yeah, go for it and watch it early. That way you can keep nudging the bloke next to you too say "ooh, this is a good bit conning up now".

Everyone loves it when people do that.
Twitter: @ArghZombies
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Just play with your phone during the boring bits
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Charlie
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Charlie »

Don't measure VHS2 by its predecessor. It's a completely different beast. Much much better. I think most people would regret missing it.
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

As Ive got a festival pass Im going to see it - I might as well, even though I had initial reservations based on the first movie. I watched the trailer, it looks pretty good actually. Fingers crossed! :)
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
digitalsoul
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by digitalsoul »

BabyJaneHudson wrote:Didn't think the first one was that great, so nope, not bothering with this one. I watched a mountain of movies during previous years to get full use of my festival pass and it was a good experience, BUT to be honest only a handful were memorable. Seeing about 13 films this year that look interesting.
The only segment I enjoyed of the first one with the vampire / Succubus creature. The actress that played her was mesmerising / terrifying / grotesque / alluring all at the same time. Stayed with me for days after. The rest was mostly a load of old shite though.