PDF Timetable

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
DJBenz
-----
-----

PDF Timetable

Post by DJBenz »

Anyone planning on doing a downloadable PDF Timetable this year with start and finish times?

It's always been an invaluable tool for planning refreshment breaks in previous years.
bounce08
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: PDF Timetable

Post by bounce08 »

I'm working on one, I'll upload here later...
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Top man. 8)
bounce08
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bounce08 »

First 'draft'...here's a sample for the Friday. If it's any good I'll do the rest. Uploaded as a jpeg as cant upload PDF from my ipad.

I'll do the final ones as PDFs and email them as they are better quality.

Link:

http://postimg.org/image/jeg3k8f47/
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Maybe some grid lines so it's easy to see where the start and end times lie in relation the the top scale?
bounce08
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bounce08 »

DJBenz wrote:Maybe some grid lines so it's easy to see where the start and end times lie in relation the the top scale?
I'll work on some in the next couple of weeks ready for early August and post them up. I need to do it on a proper pc/mac - I knocked that up on an ipad.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Awesome. When you look at it like that, the breaks don't seem too bad. :)
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

On a related note, I'm working on an interactive itinerary planner that lets you see what overlaps with what and when films are repeated...

http://www.benj.com/frightfest

I'm sure there's lots more I can do on this (grid lines denoting hours of the day immediately springs to mind)- let me know if you've any suggestions :)
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Meanbobs »

benj wrote:On a related note, I'm working on an interactive itinerary planner that lets you see what overlaps with what and when films are repeated...

I'm sure there's lots more I can do on this (grid lines denoting hours of the day immediately springs to mind)- let me know if you've any suggestions :)
This is cool - Thanks. I love the fact that it greys out repeat screenings of films that you have already selected. Looks like I'll be in the discovery screen(s) more than ever this year. :twisted:
bounce08
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bounce08 »

benj wrote:On a related note, I'm working on an interactive itinerary planner that lets you see what overlaps with what and when films are repeated...

Wow I'm not ashamed in admitting this totally pisses all over my effort! Nice job man. My only suggestion would be it automatically generates the break times between films on the itinerary and it would be perfect!
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

bounce08 wrote:

Wow I'm not ashamed in admitting this totally pisses all over my effort! Nice job man. My only suggestion would be it automatically generates the break times between films on the itinerary and it would be perfect!
Great idea! Have added the break times now too (apologies to anyone who might be offended by the suggestion we all pile down the pub between films, but I needed a description for the intervals and 'Pub Break' seemed as good as any). I also plan to make it so it remembers your selections from the last time you visited the page.

I still think yours is a lot better for printing off and sticking in your pocket mind.
bounce08
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bounce08 »

benj wrote:
bounce08 wrote:

Great idea! Have added the break times now too (apologies to anyone who might be offended by the suggestion we all pile down the pub between films, but I needed a description for the intervals and 'Pub Break' seemed as good as any). I also plan to make it so it remembers your selections from the last time you visited the page.

I still think yours is a lot better for printing off and sticking in your pocket mind.
You're just being kind :lol:

Definitely favourited that itinerary planner of yours, literally just what I'm after. Is it JavaScript based? If so it should work ok on any smartphone so it'll be good to have around.

The one negative is that it has clearly highlighted just how much alcohol I'll be taking in over the 5 days - it's going to be filthy. :twisted: :twisted:

Those 2 hours between Dementamania and Hatchet 3 on the Friday definitely going to have to slow the beers down between then or the remaining 4 films are a write off! :lol:
scoutthehorizon
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scoutthehorizon »

Benj, you sir are a Saint & a Scholar.

Pub breaks... can I get an amen.
mytwocentsfilm.wordpress.com

Twitter @scoutthehorizon
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Amazing. :eek:

Two tiny things:

1. On Saturday 24th, Demons Rook and Stalled overlap end and start times. I'm guessing this can't happen? :lol:

2. Any possibility to add the function to print off your own personalised itinerary from the side panel?*

*OK technically not a tiny thing, but thought I'd ask. :)
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

Two tiny things:

1. On Saturday 24th, Demons Rook and Stalled overlap end and start times. I'm guessing this can't happen? :lol:
Good spot! If it's any excuse, FF's timetable overview page also makes the same mistake. Have corrected this to match the times as stated on FF's individual film pages.
2. Any possibility to add the function to print off your own personalised itinerary from the side panel?*

*OK technically not a tiny thing, but thought I'd ask. :)
Shouldn't be a big problem- now on my todo list :)