Where Is Everyone Sitting?

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
AlessaDark
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Where Is Everyone Sitting?

Post by AlessaDark »

satanslittlehelper wrote:F35 and 36 for myself and the mrs. Same seats for the last 4 years now. They feel like a home away from home. :D
My husband & I are right next door in F37 & 38! We normally sit on the other sider but decided to change it up this year.
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

DD44/45 (I think). Up on the circle lording it over everyone below, but this time went for seats directly over the entrance.

I'm hoping this means no chance of anyone with big hair sitting in-front of me, and nobody constantly pushing their seat forward/back infront of me which would be nice. However I'm a bit concerned that it might have a big barrier in the way obstructing my view. Anyone sat there before, or close enough to that place to know what the view (and indeed the legroom) is like?
Twitter: @ArghZombies
satanslittlehelper
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by satanslittlehelper »

AlessaDark wrote:
satanslittlehelper wrote:F35 and 36 for myself and the mrs. Same seats for the last 4 years now. They feel like a home away from home. :D
My husband & I are right next door in F37 & 38! We normally sit on the other sider but decided to change it up this year.
Yay, neighbour!
"If you were the only suspect in a senseless bloodbath - would you be standing in the horror section?"
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

D14-16 here
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

ArghZombies wrote:DD44/45 (I think). Up on the circle lording it over everyone below, but this time went for seats directly over the entrance.

I'm hoping this means no chance of anyone with big hair sitting in-front of me, and nobody constantly pushing their seat forward/back infront of me which would be nice. However I'm a bit concerned that it might have a big barrier in the way obstructing my view. Anyone sat there before, or close enough to that place to know what the view (and indeed the legroom) is like?
I've sat their in the past.

I'm shorter, so can't really comment much on leg room requirements, but I was fine.

The barrier didn't obscure my vision either.

Its quite cool when the doors are open, just have to mind you don't knock your drinks off the nice little ledge.

Two bad things:

1) If you get dicks that don't know which way they should go to get to their seats, because you are in the middle of a row you can get people passing you from either side - its irritating, especially if they are the single film people and arrive 20mins late after expecting trailers/ads.

2) Dare you look at this, by mentioning it, it might train you to look out for it, whereas if you don't know about it, it might not impact on your watching so I've spoilered it:
Spoiler:
You can hear the AirFury hand driers from the toilets quite clearly, so in quieter moments it can be very frustrating
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

TheDukeAbides wrote:
ArghZombies wrote:DD44/45 (I think). Up on the circle lording it over everyone below, but this time went for seats directly over the entrance.

I've sat their in the past.

I'm shorter, so can't really comment much on leg room requirements, but I was fine.

The barrier didn't obscure my vision either.

Its quite cool when the doors are open, just have to mind you don't knock your drinks off the nice little ledge.

Two bad things:

1) If you get dicks that don't know which way they should go to get to their seats, because you are in the middle of a row you can get people passing you from either side - its irritating, especially if they are the single film people and arrive 20mins late after expecting trailers/ads.

2) Dare you look at this, by mentioning it, it might train you to look out for it, whereas if you don't know about it, it might not impact on your watching so I've spoilered it:
Spoiler:
You can hear the AirFury hand driers from the toilets quite clearly, so in quieter moments it can be very frustrating
Ah great thanks for the review. Sounds like I'll be OK with the seats. Nice spoiler too, but it's a bit too much of a teaser for me *not* to click that though! And yes, I will now be on the listen for it, but I'm sure I'll be able to ignore it, there are always distractions of some form or another going on. Also, I'm not too concerned about the people trying to get past me in the middle - you'd get that wherever you sit in the row - that's the one thing that puts me off an Aisle seat as you'd be constantly moving to let people in.

Finally, I'll make sure I 'accidentally' spill some drink over the side onto people who are coming in late or being noisy. Just for fun!
STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by STun »

EE40 and MM32. If anyone either side of these seats is willing to swap so that me and my dad can sit together, will be much appreciated. ;0)
Ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

Another vote for row K. I tried D last year but it was slightly too close to easily read subtitles whilst watching what was happening on the rest of the screen, so this should do me.
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Kris wrote:D14-16 here
Umm ... Kris?
Are you absolutely sure that you have those seats? Because there's been a ma-hoo-sive f***-up if you have!
I have D16 (and I'm looking at my ticket as I type to double-check) so if that seat's been double-booked, I guess there's some conversations we need with Empire. :s
As Unlucky Alf said on The Fast Show. "Oh, Bugger!"
IsaacBD
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by IsaacBD »

FF40 and FF41. Always feel a bit of an idiot sleepy-queuing from 5:30am to specifically get seats towards the back, but the rake, door proximity and comparatively few people standing (well, sitting) between me and the nearest bathroom have always been a draw.

See you all there :)
http://www.twitter.com/isaacbd

FrightFest 2011-2013
Jimmer
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Jimmer »

R41 here. Same seat as last year. :)
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Row D. It's gonna be BIG!

:D
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

maxmum wrote:Row D. It's gonna be BIG!

:D
Yeah. It would be, if I wasn't bricking myself that I've got a double-booked seat! :(
Kris!? *voice goes all falsetto and scared*
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Meanbobs »

D
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

Meanbobs wrote:D
What, the whole row? That's just greedy!