Classic horror movie screenings

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
digitalsoul
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Classic horror movie screenings

Post by digitalsoul »

I thought that Frightfest usually put on screenings of older films during the festival, but there isn't anything on the website about this. Does anyone know if they will be doing this this year and when the films and times are usually announced?

Its a shame they couldnt have got a screening of the new extended Wicker Man print!
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Classic horror movie screenings

Post by sherbetbizarre »

From Facebook today --
Officially confirmed Kim Newman, revered film critic and award-winning writer, will be hosting this year's FrightFest Retro strand which will present special screenings of four films Roger Corman’s seminal THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER, the eternally evocative NOSFERATU and, to mark the 100th Anniversary marking the birth of horror legend Peter Cushing, CORRUPTION.
They are on Discovery Screen 2 on the Sunday... and it's 3 films, not 4!
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Meanbobs »

There are four retro screenings: Wake in Fright, The Fall of the House of Usher, Corruption and Nosferatu. Also, there's a documentary about the VHS era which may begin to satisfy any further nostalgic yearnings: Rewind This!.
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

Hoping to take in Usher and Corruption on the Sunday.
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

I would love to see THE ELEPHANT MAN on the big screen. That is such a masterpiece.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!