You're Next screening free 2 days prior to FF? :(

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
bounce08
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

You're Next screening free 2 days prior to FF? :(

Post by bounce08 »

The FrightFest films page lists YOURE NEXT as a 'London Preview' - giving the impression this is the first time it is being screened in London.

I've just found out that ShowFilmFirst.com through Total Film are doing a FREE (but first come first served tix now all gone) screening of this 2 days before Fright Fest on the 20th at Shaftesbury Avenue Cineworld as well as Enfield, West India Quay and Wandsworth.

I'm a bit disappointed that the FrightFest crew didnt get this as an exclusive. Its my most anticipated film of the festival and I pretty much bought my Day 1 pass on the strength of that alone.

I now have the opportunity to see it for free 2 days prior. Anyone know why the distributors have allowed that?
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: You're Next screening free 2 days prior to FF? :(

Post by DJBenz »

The ShowFilmFirst screenings will not technically count as they're not strictly public screenings (ie you can't just rock up and buy a ticket like you can/could for Frightfest).

I'm surprised though, I know Lionsgate kicked the release date back to the 30th August and I guess that was to allow Frightfest the exclusive.
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

Yeah, it's strange they've done this. While not an official preview, it is what is classed as a Talker Screening - i.e. you get people to come along to a film to see it before its release date to get them 'talking' about it to friends, family, online etc as a way of building up the buzz for it. They're often used for press screenings too, so it's likely there will be several press in attendance too, probably meaning those particular press persons won't be there for Frightfest.

Shame, as the FrightFest crowd would likely be more responsive to a horror movie that the 'ooh it's a free preview of anything so I'll go along to that for some bragging rights' crowd that tend to go for See Film First showings. Means that reviews may be less positive as a result. (Or that the distributors are so confident in the movie that they feel they could show it to anyone and get a great response!)

Oh well, I'm more interested in seeing it with a receptive bunch of people than just getting in there 2 days earlier to see it with the SFF type crowd.
Twitter: @ArghZombies
BigWillyStephenson
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by BigWillyStephenson »

Seems there is another preview screening taking place next monday too.

http://grolschfilmworks.com/ca/features ... youre-next

Bit of a bummer!!!
Deadjilldando
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Deadjilldando »

I just won tickets from The Horror Channel, so will post my thoughts after the Screening next Monday.
StuartB
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by StuartB »

So did I. See you there :D
bounce08
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bounce08 »

After my post, Ive just won tickets for a preview screening at the Soho Hotel this Monday (12th) but cant go. Arghhhh.
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

To be honest, I haven't bothered with any of the advance screening offers or anything (and there has been quite a few flying around ... I think the studio just wants a LOT of advance word-of-mouth).
I really want to see it for the first time with the Frightfest crowd.
I mean, audience reactions to death-scenes (in the right context), plot-twists, and bad/good lines, with rounds of applause at the credits ... that is still a rare experience in the cinema, and this should be a cracker for that!
Phooey to lifeless preview audiences (and I've been to a fair few).
Ain't no party like a Frightfest party! :green:
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Wulfster wrote:I really want to see it for the first time with the Frightfest crowd.
I think that's the whole point of the festival. Regardless of reviews, good or bad, the atmosphere at FF is unique. People being concerned about whether RIPD or Frankenstein's Army is any good, should just be looking forward to seeing it with such an amazing crowd.
Ain't no party like a Frightfest party! :green:
Amen. :D
brad1000
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by brad1000 »

yeah just chuck any old crap at us
the house shot her !!!