The Dead 2: India

London Frightfest 2013 has been and gone, this forum is available to post film reviews, chat, etc. from the festival.
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: The Dead 2: India

Post by odishon »

I thought the first one, although beautifully shot, was unoriginal and I was bored. This was just more of the same but in India.

Never really understood the love for the first The Dead. Yes it was filmed in Africa which was a challenge but that alone doesn't make it a movie worth watching. Hopefully no more sequels (The Dead 3: Blackpool anyone?) due.
Donut
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Donut »

Shite.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

The Dead 2 may not be doing anything more than The Dead 1 did, but in different scenery. That said, I liked the mood and I liked the look of the film. Like the first one, it's a zombie movie where the individual zombies are more of a nuisance than a direct threat: they can be easily outpaced and it saves on the ammo. I enjoyed it, though I prefer the first film (admittedly I'm a sucker for Africa anyway). Obviously I'm now wondering where the third one's going.
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I'm surprised this has received such a negative reaction, especially after their previous film went down very well (at least that was my impression).

Yes, it's an episodic, repetitive road movie about a man on an utterly pointless quest. Again. And all the scenes with the girlfriend's family were embarrassingly awful. But like the first film, the locations are the real stars. It worked well enough for me.
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

The first one was ok. Enjoyed this one more. Jumped a few times in this. I would give this 5.5 out of 10.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Another of those films I wished I liked more.

Yes, yes locations looked great but if you can't film and make a location that is beautiful look beautiful then you are in the wrong business.

Too ponder-some and philosophical in a massively amateurish way, the script was trite.

And after the first "peer through small opening, zombie eye fills frame" cliche, I didn't then need to see it another dozen times.

Maybe this paved the way for the flat feeling I felt throughout most of the festival.
Oswald Cobblepot
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Oswald Cobblepot »

As others have said, basically a retread of the first film in a different locale with a different (poorly written) character motivation.

Very repetitive, find car, lose car, find bike, lose bike, get attacked, wander round in the dark a bit, intercut with the comic relief bickering family in Mumbai. Once again they didn't know how to end it, so it just ground to a halt with the clumsily foreshadowed dream sequence ending.

But, it looked lovely, the music was good, and I didn't mind the slow pace, so overall I quite liked it. Everyone's patience will wear thin though if they transplant to yet another location in The Dead 3 without addressing the basic problems.