Top 10 Brit Horror Films; results are in from Britflicks.com

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
leytonrocks
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Top 10 Brit Horror Films; results are in from Britflicks.com

Post by leytonrocks »

Enjoy and let me know what you think and if you entered your own top 5 see if got included.

http://www.britflicks.com/blog.aspx?blogid=444

Thank you to all the Frightfesters who responded to Britflicks.com's survey

Much appreciated

Stuart
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Top 10 Brit Horror Films; results are in from Britflicks

Post by Alex J »

An interesting line-up, but I mess confess I have yet to see films 4, 7 and 10 of the top ten (as well as some of the other honourable mentions), so given how highly rated they are I shall add them to my "to watch" list. Definitely a skew towards the older classics - I wonder whether more recent films will fare better in 20 years' time with a different selection panel?

And I got a name check too - yay!
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

No name check :(
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
leytonrocks
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by leytonrocks »

Apols Zappa Fan... I thought I picked up all the responses where people left their names... in my weak defence there were 100s to review
leytonrocks
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by leytonrocks »

Alex J wrote:An interesting line-up, but I mess confess I have yet to see films 4, 7 and 10 of the top ten (as well as some of the other honourable mentions), so given how highly rated they are I shall add them to my "to watch" list. Definitely a skew towards the older classics - I wonder whether more recent films will fare better in 20 years' time with a different selection panel?

And I got a name check too - yay!
I purposefully chose Kill List and Dead Man's Shoes to try and up the ante on the more contemporary... but in my Top 5 everyone went for Wicker Man and American Werewolf In London... think 20 years is a good measure of when people start to add a film the lexicon of top horror... you see the Timeout 100 best horror movies... In their top 10 the youngest movie was 1980 - The Shining and The Thing... the rest were older... certainly the 70s seems to be the decade where it went a bit more transgressive... I think eventually The martyrs, hostel, switchblade romance and saw will move up the charts as the critics on the list get younger too... bit like The Smiths Queen Is Dead in the NME list recently... for years it was Marvin Gaye's What's Going On

Thanks for taking part in the survey and I'm glad I got your top 5 in the article
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

leytonrocks wrote:Apols Zappa Fan... I thought I picked up all the responses where people left their names... in my weak defence there were 100s to review
No worries, glad you had a huge responce.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey