Re: FrightFest 2014

Post by iomega »

Brilliant, but crazy.
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

Whatever the boys' do it'll be memorable as always. They've never disappointed me in the 9 years i've been going.
(holy crap! i now feel old. :( )

i just want to get my damn isle seat. (although, it was fun to have Jonathon Ross sitting right behind me laughing away during on the opening night films as i had to sit two seats in from the isle,) i likes me isle. :)
Donut
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Donut »

A friend of mine goes out of his way to try and secure an aisle seat, as in an average 90 minute film he can require up to four pisses.
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

Donut wrote:A friend of mine goes out of his way to try and secure an aisle seat, as in an average 90 minute film he can require up to four pisses.
Sounds like your friend could do with a visit to their GP. (Or just not drink so much beer all through the festival).
Twitter: @ArghZombies
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Those of you thinking that last year's number of weekend passes roughly equals number of seats in the new screen 1 ... there's a snag.
Based on past experience, around 200 seats need to be set aside for guests - journalists, filmmakers, distributors etc. They'll have to be in screen 1 (or the festival doesn't happen...)

I'm also concerned about how many of the seats in the new screens will turn out to be lemons... particularly of the too-close-and-too-sideways variety.

And finally, the sleepy queue sucks donkey balls. I spend as much on train & hotel for that one night as I do for the Frightfest ticket itself...
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

I think we can dump the journo's in the other screen, obviously the cast/crew and their mates will need to be in the main screen when their film is shown, but surely the % of guest tickets can remain the same proportion as it was, regardless of how many less seats there will be in the new main screen?
Stephen with ph
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Stephen with ph »

Malky wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:If the largest screen is 700 seats, then an obvious solution seems to be sell 700 weekend passes, and keep that screen for premieres and guests. With screens 2-4 for Discovery films and repeats.

But I guess a certain percentage needs to be for day passes... How many weekend passes were onsale last year? Maybe it was over 700?
A cinema exclusively for weekend passholders will make a better atmosphere as that room will usually be packed.

This is the solution.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

only 76 days till sleepy Q and then tickets go on sale. Would like to know just how this years event will work.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

I know we have kept you all waiting to hear about the changes for FrightFest 2014. Sorry about that, but as soon as we are in a position to let you know we will. On the plus side, we have over 30 films in the bag already.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

thanks Ian
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
DeanoG
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by DeanoG »

On a positive note, it is getting veeeerry close to the time in which we all get to watch movies back to back for five whole days, which is never a bad thing.

:D

If I can get tickets that is.

Fingers crossed
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

Seeing as the screen isn't even half way to being finished, I have the horrible feeling we wont know until the sleepy queue.
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

EvilAsh wrote:Seeing as the screen isn't even half way to being finished, I have the horrible feeling we wont know until the sleepy queue.
Is it not even open yet? Damn, didn't think it'd take so long to convert it. Any idea when it's due to open?
Twitter: @ArghZombies
staineve
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by staineve »

EvilAsh wrote:Seeing as the screen isn't even half way to being finished, I have the horrible feeling we wont know until the sleepy queue.
Well that's a worrying thought! Surely we'll know how it works before forking out? I realise that doesn't sound very die-hard of me but I seriously hope we'll know in advance of ticket sales.
twitter: @staineve
STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by STun »

Tbh I'll just be happy if I manage to get two tickets like each year. I always contemplate just doing the one or two movies but I do just love this festival and always end up getting a weekend ticket.
Ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?