FrightFest 2014

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: FrightFest 2014

Post by AndyJWS »

Apologies if I've missed this, but is there any word on the prices for this year please?
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Nothing has been announced yet. Soon I'm sure. Plus Cannes is close to starting 14th May.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
GrimEffigy
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by GrimEffigy »

Hey everyone.

Me & my mate are looking forward to coming down to FrightFest this year but neither of us have actually been before (or to any film festival, being honest). I wanted to get some sort of idea of what to expect before we made the trip down so I was hoping some of the more experienced members of the board could maybe answer a couple of questions? I'd really appreciate it.

- What's the likelihood of getting a weekend pass by buying online? Are they very limited?
- What does a weekend pass actually get you? For example, are you able to walk into any film you want? If not, how are individual tickets for films allocated to pass holders?

Thanks in advance guys. Looking forward to maybe meeting a few of you in a few months!
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

GrimEffigy wrote: - What's the likelihood of getting a weekend pass by buying online? Are they very limited?
- What does a weekend pass actually get you? For example, are you able to walk into any film you want? If not, how are individual tickets for films allocated to pass holders?
Welcome to the forum. :) You won't regret becoming part of the FF Family.

1. They are limited, but usually everyone who wants one gets one. Getting the seat you want is another matter though...
2. It gets you access to every main screen film. There are also Discovery Screen films that you can get tickets for, but they are allocated at the desk on the morning of the screening on a first come, first served basis.

I did a Rough Guide to Frightfest 2013 that you might find useful for all kinds of info: http://www.horrortalk.com/features/3588 ... -2013.html
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Can I add my welcome. You will have a great time. Remember to come and say hello.

Just to let you and anyone else who is interested know, tickets will be on sale this year on June 28. We are almost there with prices and confirming how everything will work this year. We are taking the opportunity to shake things up just a little due to the changes at the Empire, so watch this space.

Ian
GrimEffigy
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by GrimEffigy »

DJBenz wrote: There are also Discovery Screen films that you can get tickets for, but they are allocated at the desk on the morning of the screening on a first come, first served basis.

I did a Rough Guide to Frightfest 2013 that you might find useful for all kinds of info: http://www.horrortalk.com/features/3588 ... -2013.html
Ahh, is this the infamous sleepy queue I've been hearing about? I'd be worried about missing something on a Discovery Screen that I really wanted to see but me & my missus have a four month old son so I have evolved beyond the need for sleep. :lol:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I'll give the guide a read.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Welcome to the party GrimEffigy!

Just to note that Sleepy Queue and getting Discovery Screen tickets are two different things.

Sleepy Q is mostly for people who want a specific seat, started by local die hard fans and has grown into a little party of its own. You'll still be fine getting a full festival pass (is it still called a weekend pass?) online or over the phone.

Discovery Screen tickets are free and but limited. Have to queue the day of the film you want. Done this a few times myself (wish I'd gone seen The Boarderlands instead of RIPD!!)

As Ian says full details, price etc will be posted shortly.

Keep reading and posting forum gets busy closer we get to June 28 and the main event in August.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
GrimEffigy
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by GrimEffigy »

Ah right, I see. I'm not too fussed where I sit as long as I get to see the movie to be honest. Well, I say that now. I'm a little over six foot seven, how's the seat spacing in there? :lol:
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

GrimEffigy wrote:Ah right, I see. I'm not too fussed where I sit as long as I get to see the movie to be honest. Well, I say that now. I'm a little over six foot seven, how's the seat spacing in there? :lol:
No idea, I don't think they've finished building the screen yet :s
Twitter: @ArghZombies
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

I'd wager it's likely to be better than if you're 6 foot 7 wide though ;)

Thanks for the clarification Ian and zappa fan!
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

Speculating on Frightfest films is one of my favourite pastimes. I keep an ever evolving list here.

http://davidmalcolm.wordpress.com/2014/ ... eculation/
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

I do as little speculating as possible! Surprise me!
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

daveroughcut wrote:Speculating on Frightfest films is one of my favourite pastimes. I keep an ever evolving list here.

http://davidmalcolm.wordpress.com/2014/ ... eculation/
Will have to check out the ones I've not heard of before.

I think there are somne definates on there, ie regular directors/producers and sequals.

One thing I would add - in recent years we have seen a number of 'London' premiers, so you cannot discount a film which has been show at Dead By Dawn or such like, ie Occulus.
GrimEffigy
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by GrimEffigy »

Bearded Avenger wrote: Will have to check out the ones I've not heard of before.

I think there are somne definates on there, ie regular directors/producers and sequals.

One thing I would add - in recent years we have seen a number of 'London' premiers, so you cannot discount a film which has been show at Dead By Dawn or such like, ie Occulus.
I think a couple of those are due out for general release before FrightFest though; Oculus in June, The Purge: Anarchy in July. Plus you've got the stuff that comes out on VOD as well. Most people probably won't have seen the VOD movies though as it's a lot more prolific in the US but I myself end up watching a lot of stuff on US iTunes and Amazon Prime way before it comes over here, like Devil's Knot and Mr. Jones for example.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Bearded Avenger wrote:One thing I would add - in recent years we have seen a number of 'London' premiers, so you cannot discount a film which has been show at Dead By Dawn or such like, ie Occulus.
Oculus is released theatrically on the 13th June, so unlikely on that one.