We are taking questions about FrightFest 2014

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: We are taking questions about FrightFest 2014

Post by streetrw »

The Disco screens (3 and 8 ) are 299 and 180 seats respectively, so they're much definitely bigger than the Empire's! :)
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

Will the passes be colour coded to signify the screen so I don't turn up to find someone has decided to take my seat before the film/Q&A they want to see but some how failed to select or missed out on?
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

This years discovery films will only play once, but they will be in screens twice the size of the previous ones used. Screen three has 299 seats and eight 180. More than enough I think. And yes, but don't tell Paul, or he will fill the slots, I have built a little wiggle room into the schedule. At the moment we are looking at a total of 26 Discovery screen films.
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

Great News that the Festival is going ahead, and excited about the change....

Two Questions

With regards to the Sleepy Q, It will have to be more heavily "policed" than usual, because if Stragglers turn up, and do what a few did last year and jump in the Q, It will have more serious ramifications, i.e people not getting in the screen they have Qued over night for?

I agree with what the people have said about the doormen at the Empire, they will need to be made aware that it is a "festival" and tolerance should be the order of the day, Empire Staff have always been fantastic to us frightfesters....

Roll on August!
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

We are still working on the fine detail of the ticketing, but that is a good idea. Thanks. Can I claim as my own?
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Good point on the sleepy queue. I was talking to Alex about this yesterday. We are looking into this. When did you arrive last year?
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

iomega wrote:We are still working on the fine detail of the ticketing, but that is a good idea. Thanks. Can I claim as my own?
Maybe even name the screens the Alan, the Ian and the Paul? Pic of Humphreys illustrations of you on the pass?
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

So, if I understand right, the same films will be shown in 5, 6 and 7 (though perhaps in a different order), so there'd be no need for full passholders to switch between those three screens as they're the same set of films. Meanwhile Screens 3 and 8 will have totally different films, showing once only?
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Another good idea. Would love to see my Uncle Ian drawing on tickets. Seriously we are working on it. We also have to make it easy for the staff and volunteers.
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

Got there at 12am (I'm the chap from Swindon, you've spoken to a few times over the years) Looks like it might have to be 11pm this year....
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

You got it Richard. You just sit in your seat and you will see everything unless you want to see films in the discovery screen, which BTW will be synced with the main screen like previous years.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Yes, Yes, I remember you. Anyway, we will work it out.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

Is it the same films each day just at different times or will the films vary by day? i.e. Found Footage Rapey Revenge 2 is Friday on one screen but Monday on another
sandwoman
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by sandwoman »

Will I be able to choose my seat from anywhere in my chosen auditorium? I really hate the way festival passes are allocated to certain blocks of seats at the Empire. Thanks!
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

Will there still be an in-person appearance of angry Ian threatening bad things if phones aren't turned off for all three screens each day?