We are taking questions about FrightFest 2014

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Re: We are taking questions about FrightFest 2014

Post by iomega »

Yes. It's the way all other festivals work. Films play several times. We are just a little different because of our one seat policy, which everyone seams to like and want kept. We have manage to do it the way we have up to now because we have used very large cinemas. But the big Odeon aside, which BTW planning permission is being looked for to convert into a 16 screen multiplex, are a thing of the past, so we need to adapt.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Thanks for the answers Ian.

I'm off to buy a train ticket to get in the Sleepy Q...

...and a pushing-in detector.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Sorry no. We can't make it work like that. We are sticking with the blocks of seats. But you can codes to site at the front, the middle or the back of the cinema.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Of course and as I get older I get grumpier. I would hate to disappoint.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

I'm off for a cup of tea. Be back in five mins if you have any more questions.
scoutthehorizon
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scoutthehorizon »

Interesting about the Disco Lineup. So technically there are 44 slots in there across the two screens (6 on friday, saturday & sunday and 4 on monday in each screen).
As such why only 26 films playing once?
mytwocentsfilm.wordpress.com

Twitter @scoutthehorizon
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Well there will be Paul's short film showcase, he is getting two this year, our retro screenings and various odds and ends that we can now do that we couldn't in the pass. Just wait and see.
scoutthehorizon
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Oooo you tease Mr Rattray, fantastic to see there are surprises thrown in to the mix and wonderful that short films are being upped (y'know, seeing as I'm working on a few of those). Also fab to hear the retro screen will be back.

Twitter @scoutthehorizon
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

soberdave72@hotmail.com wrote:
With regards to the Sleepy Q, It will have to be more heavily "policed" than usual, because if Stragglers turn up, and do what a few did last year and jump in the Q, It will have more serious ramifications, i.e people not getting in the screen they have Qued over night for?
Not all are 'stragglers' though, my girlfriend queues up as soon as she finishes work, I work nights so join her when I can and bring her breakfast. So you wold want me to join the back of the queue and not get to sit with her. At a festival I've attended since The PCC days?
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

We like to please. Seriously we have lots of ideas for this year. Some will work, others not. Also, we are not arrogant enough to think we will get everything right with the move first time round.

Something I forgot to put in the newsletter. We are planning some warn up events in the run up to the festival. As well as the free Sleepy Queue Day film, we have a couple of films lined up between now and August. Keep an eye on the web site for more details.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Technically that queue jumping. We will have to see about that. But that nice of you to bring her breakfast. I'll have a bacon roll please.
scoutthehorizon
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Will the placement of sleeper queue change this year as far as you're aware? Or will it be bottom of LS for the night & move to the Vue at dawn?

Twitter @scoutthehorizon
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Yep. that is the plan.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

scoutthehorizon wrote:Will the placement of sleeper queue change this year as far as you're aware? Or will it be bottom of LS for the night & move to the Vue at dawn?
At least we won't have to break the queue for the tourist tat shop next to the Empire!

(Also the Vue is 30 seconds closer to Holborn Halls so we can have a slightly shorter walk there and back every day.)
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

iomega wrote:Will there be security checks upon entry to the screens like at the Halloween 2013 event?

Thank you for reminding me of this. I'd forgotten about it and how it pissed people off. I'll bring this up at our next meeting and get an answer for you. I agree with you while I understand the need for some security, checking bags etc all of the time apart from getting tiresome will cause flow problems.
This is an interesting one. There's never been any security checks at the Empire as far as I'm aware (nor any trouble), so other than individual venue policy is there anything that really necessitates security checking festival goers at any point?