How Film4 FrightFest will work in 2014

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
filmster2525
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: How Film4 FrightFest will work in 2014

Post by filmster2525 »

valido wrote:
filmster2525 wrote:if anybody would like to sit at the front,let me know. i am in a5 and a26.
Do you know which screen?
I'm in Screen 5 with my girlfriend and we have split seats at C31 and A6, so I'm definitely interested in swapping for (or buying out) A5...
Please PM if interested
its in screen 7 unfortunately.
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

filmster2525 wrote:its in screen 7 unfortunately.
Thanks anyway.

I'll keep hoping in more passes and a priority window for swapping...
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

Vue are tweeting that festival passes are all sold out.

6.5 hours trying and I couldn't get the tickets. Very, very sad - and I need a drink now!

Well done to all who prevailed! (Did anyone manage to get a pair together?)
bernal316
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bernal316 »

I'm confused, which screen is which!!! i can't see any link to the screen numbers and the screen names
Rotty
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Rotty »

Can't tell you how upset I am. Have been counting down the days only to find that vue cinema purchasing system screwed. I tried for 4 hours! Anyone has spare festival pass I would be most greatful.
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

bernal316 wrote:I'm confused, which screen is which!!! i can't see any link to the screen numbers and the screen names
When you choose the number of tickets you want, at the top where it says "you are about to book..." should tell you which screen, here are some images (taken from other random non-FF screenings so as not to risk temporarily blocking any seats from being visible as sounds like happens!) of the screen layouts if they're any use?
Screen 5.jpg
Screen 6.jpg
Screen 7.jpg
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
Jon H
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Jon H »

So, so disappointing. We were trying since 12, but with all the website and phone issues (and not knowing exactly when the website was up and running again) I missed out on a weekend pass, the best I could get at 4.45pm was day tickets to all of the days apart from Saturday. I've just come off the phone to Vue - to their credit they were extremely apologetic (I guess their call centre people have had a rough day too and it's certainly not their fault) - but there seems to be nothing doing about Saturday day passes.

It's a little hard to fathom quite how this has happened. Last year I booked at weekend pass no problem at all - I think it's generally accepted that you need to queue or be prompt on the web or phone - but as long as you do that, you can get a ticket. Has there been a dramatic increase in demand this year? I know there were slightly fewer weekend passes available this year because of the move - maybe that's it?

Does anyone know if there are any tickets held back for sale as single film sales? Or is that it? At the moment, buying individual tickets would seem my only possible way of seeing the Saturday films - and I don't even know if that's possible. Would Vue/Frightfest even consider making another screen available? (I ask in hope rather than expectation)

It's going to take away a little bit from the Frightfest experience this year - I think that's going to be the case for many people. It's such a shame, because the line up this year promised that it could have been one of the best FF's in recent years - for many people it's clearly not going to be that now.

I hope Vue can learn from this - but it's hard not to conclude that they have not planned for this very well. Perhaps they had a far better understanding of the money they were going to make from Frightfest, rather than the spirit and culture of the festival itself.
pitch
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by pitch »

Lots of passes have sprung up in Screen 5!!
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

pitch wrote:Lots of passes have sprung up in Screen 5!!
But sadly it won't let me buy two together or select single ones due to leaving a space! Same madness as the last 7 hours.

Thanks for the heads-up though. This is so frustrating :twisted:
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Thanks to AndyJWS for the seating plans.
The trouble for myself (and others I'd guess), is that I was so glad to get as far as the seating plan after nearly two hours ... and after having achieved the same a mere ten minutes before, only to have the (perfectly valid) card refused (but still charged) ... that I pretty much went into panic mode, clicked a (pretty crappy) seat and zapped through as quickly as possible to ensure that I got an e-mail confirmation and weekend pass.
I'm pretty sure I'm in screen 7, but I only have the seat number and no screen id at all on the e-mail ticket, and I can't really recall the exact lay-out of my screen.
Seems ludicrous that they wouldn't put the screen number on the online pass, but I'm guessing it's on the "physical" ticket.

But the most important thing to me is that I'm actually there, Everything else is superfluous. Not everybody else was so lucky....
And that's not a dig at the Frightfest four ... or even the Vue front-line.
But I bet somebody in middle management at Vue has a burnt face after Ian and Alan went into "hairdryer" mode on him!
raventomb
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by raventomb »

My friends and I are all sitting separately for the first time in years after trying to get seats together (or even one seat near each other). I've spent hours scrolling through the Vue's cardboard website and its seemingly endless stream of payment declined messages/3d failure error messages/general error messages.....So, I have a seat in D3 (Screen 5) which i would be willing to swap for a seat in B or C seats 21 upwards same screen.

I need to somehow make the best of this soul sucking sham (feel very bad for whingeing as i know a lot of people missed out entirely).

Please send me a message if you're interested.

Would also be (less) willing to swap a seat A29 in screen 5 for a seat near D3 in the same screen.
MattP
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by MattP »

I've managed to secure day passes for Thurs, Fri, Sun. Monday is declining the card at the mo and still holding out for Saturday as was particularly looking forward to Babadook
filmster2525
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by filmster2525 »

so glad i managed to get a couple of passes, but they couldn't be further apart! what a stupid system not letting you buy over the phone or two together online. the vue really need and should have sorted this out. i am in screen 7 seats a5 and a26 if anyone would like to swap seats.
sevcham
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by sevcham »

Jon H wrote: It's a little hard to fathom quite how this has happened. Last year I booked at weekend pass no problem at all - I think it's generally accepted that you need to queue or be prompt on the web or phone - but as long as you do that, you can get a ticket. Has there been a dramatic increase in demand this year? I know there were slightly fewer weekend passes available this year because of the move - maybe that's it?
I didn't know if I could go to FrightFest 2013 until quite late, I ended up purchasing tickets online mid July - they weren't the best seats but there were a few available. I don't think the demand has suddenly surged, I think it's just a poor payment system that isn't well written.

I had SO MANY failed payment attempts today. So many good seats popped up, I selected them but could never pay for them.

For all the millions Vue cinemas make, they must invest in improving the logic of online payments!

Adding some screenshots for others to see the difficulties faced:

I kept getting this error every time I put in my card details, I ended up using 5 different cards, all failed when trying to purchase two tickets. I must have seen this error message at least 30+ times.

Another error message, this happened after I selected my seats when using Safari web browser, happened at least 3 times.

And to finish off, the dumbest error message. After reading Vue's tweet about only allowing single tickets to be purchased online, even then I couldn't! There was a stupid rule in place that didn't allow "empty" seats when purchasing a SINGLE TICKET.
Creepshow11
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Creepshow11 »

I hope that it will be possible to swap my day passes for a festival ticket. I have ended up paying £69 more as a result. Just feel completely ripped off by Vue. (Not FF)
Plus I don't know what ticket is for which screen as it doesn't say on the email. Been a complete nightmare.