How Film4 FrightFest will work in 2014

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Re: How Film4 FrightFest will work in 2014

Post by iomega »

Just to let everyone know there are still day passes left.

In my discussions with Vue it was thought best to take all the tickets left off sale, fix the problems, check what is left and them put them back on sale with the confidence to know that they are there. I will know more tomorrow and let everyone know.

We will also be publishing a way for FrightFesters to get in touch with the customer service department at Vue who will then work with people to try and sort out issues with individual fans as best as they can.

Ian
sandwoman
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by sandwoman »

Maybe I'll get in to Saturday after all ....
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by thatcambridgebird »

Cheers iomega, you may have just made my day :D

Are you able/allowed to say how many, and for what days? Completely understand that there's been trouble with the purchasing system through no fault of the FF boys, but Vue's fault, so I can see why it would make more sense to take everything down.

I shall be messaging a couple of friends and telling them to keep the news under their hats, but it'd be wonderful to know we still have a shot at getting there together :D :green: :D
Garbord
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Garbord »

Just managed to speak to someone on Vue customer services (08712 240 240, option 0) who was able to help initiate the process with the refunds for the failed transactions... apparently it's a 3-5 day process (thankfully it's payday tomorrow!). Didn't have to wait too long to get through and the chap who answered the call was very helpful.

Slightly worryingly he couldn't find any reference to the screen number on the booking system, only the seat number. Does anyone know if the Day Passes are available to collect yet from the cinema? I'm inclined to pop by as soon as possible just for peace of mind.
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Meanbobs »

Garbord wrote:Slightly worryingly he couldn't find any reference to the screen number on the booking system, only the seat number.
If this isn't on the online system (not on email confirmations), or available on the phone - this is bad news! I wonder if any physical Sleepy Q ticket holders could confirm if the actual tickets state the screen #?
GrimEffigy
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by GrimEffigy »

Meanbobs wrote:
Garbord wrote:Slightly worryingly he couldn't find any reference to the screen number on the booking system, only the seat number.
If this isn't on the online system (not on email confirmations), or available on the phone - this is bad news! I wonder if any physical Sleepy Q ticket holders could confirm if the actual tickets state the screen #?
I'm looking at mine now and they do.
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Meanbobs »

GrimEffigy wrote:I'm looking at mine now and they do.
Oh good!
wakko
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by wakko »

Guys, I picked up my day passes today I booked via phone. They couldn't find anything under my credit card. Thankfully I had the reservation number and could give them details such as seat number per day and Screen.
bloodyburger
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by bloodyburger »

Very frustrating conflicting reports of everything selling out or not. Decided to give up with al things frightfest yesterday at 2pm when Vue posted on twitter that all day & pass tickers had sold out. Now I see on here they were put back on sale at 7pm last night and remaining tickets were available again.
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

Does anyone know if there is any chance at all of further festival passes being made available for people to grab a pair? I need something to cling to!

After trying for so long on Saturday, and actually getting a pair of passes in my "basket" on several occasions only for the payment system to deny me, I can't quite accept that I'm not going yet! (although I know I'm not!)
michacgn
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by michacgn »

Hello,
one question to a pic I found on Twitter:
30-06-2014 10-59-01.jpg
I´m lucky that I get a Festival Pass - but in an area signes with "Single Tickets".
Does it mean that all seats in the "Festival Pass" area are sold out when I bought my ticket or is that a fault from the booking page/Vue?

Sorry for my english
Michael
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

wakko wrote:Guys, I picked up my day passes today I booked via phone. They couldn't find anything under my credit card. Thankfully I had the reservation number and could give them details such as seat number per day and Screen.
Has your card been charged?
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

michacgn wrote:Hello,
one question to a pic I found on Twitter:
30-06-2014 10-59-01.jpg
I´m lucky that I get a Festival Pass - but in an area signes with "Single Tickets".
Does it mean that all seats in the "Festival Pass" area are sold out when I bought my ticket or is that a fault from the booking page/Vue?

Sorry for my english
Michael
If you've got and paid £170 for a festival pass (with confirmation) then I'm sure it will (have to) be honoured regardless of where it is. If you've got the physical pass/lanyard then even better.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

bloodyburger wrote:Very frustrating conflicting reports of everything selling out or not. Decided to give up with al things frightfest yesterday at 2pm when Vue posted on twitter that all day & pass tickers had sold out. Now I see on here they were put back on sale at 7pm last night and remaining tickets were available again.
If you are referring to Ian's last post, I read it different.

All available passes are being held back until these issues are fully resolved.

Of course I could well be wrong.
Lucio Frizzi
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Lucio Frizzi »

I just worry for this festival in the future. Will anybody really have any confidence in the organisers for next year? Is anybody gonnna risk buying online again? I think the queue next year will be considerably longer as realistically this massive arse-up of the booking for this year will result in the queue being the only way you can be sure of getting a festival pass. I still appreciate that Vue must take the brunt of the blame but SURELY the organisers should have checked the system/asked the right questions of VUE (unless they did and were basically lied to). They are the organisers, it's not just about choosing the films, picking a venue, pinting the festival guide etc it's also about making sure people are able to purchase tickets via a system that works, surely one of the fundamental aspects of any festival. It's one of the most important things as far as I'm concerned.

Also, I can't say I'm overly impressed with the response (or lack of) from the organisers and this, together with the shambolic online experience re: ticket sale and the "fantastic" attitude of some Frightfesters who have got their tickets on Facebook and other social media sites (sample quotes: "stop moaning, why don't you try queing next year", "you haven't got a divine right to tickets...you didn't get one?..tough" and "perhaps if you'd put the effort it and queued, you'd have got some") has been massively dissapointing. I can accept not getting a ticket if it had just been due to massive demand and simply not being quick enough BUT to lose out due to a system that was obviously broken in so many ways before tickets even went on sale and then get the sort of comments previously listed for having the "temerity" to express my frustration on FB is ludicrous.

However, I'd like to wish those people who got tickets a great festival.
There's no heaven up there, we'll have to make heaven down here.