How Film4 FrightFest will work in 2014

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: How Film4 FrightFest will work in 2014

Post by HeadOnAStick »

movieevangelist wrote: P.S. If any kind soul would be willing to try to get me a day pass for Sunday and / or Monday when the booking opens on Wednesday, I would happily work out something whereby I PayPal you part or full payment in advance and offer some form of appropriate reward. I will entirely understand if it's every man and woman for themselves.
I'm perfectly happy to try, but in fairness I should point out that I'll go through the process first for me, and only once I either have a pass or miss out entirely will I be willing to try for day-passes, so I might not be the best choice.
Garbord
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Garbord »

Are Disco screen tickets still going to be available to day pass holders this year?

Yes, as always. Same mechanism as for everyone.
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by thatcambridgebird »

It would be nice to have a forum-heads up on how many tickets are still available, if possible. So many people sound disappointed at the moment, but if there's enough to go round without it being a free-for-all on Wednesday at noon, then surely that'll alleviate any undue pressure on the already slightly wonky system?

I can't buy until payday, which for me is 3 weeks time, and like someone else said I was hoping there'd be enough to go round to allow that to happen. If I need to try and work some other way out then I'll give it a go, but I think a bit more detail would help in order to allow people to make judgements on whether they have to rearrange their Wednesday lunchtimes or leisurely book tickets that night/later in the week/month/so on. :s
bloodyburger
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by bloodyburger »

It would be good to know even just a tiny bit of information about availability... Do all days still have day passes available?

There are still day passes for all days
Garbord
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Garbord »

Garbord wrote:Are Disco screen tickets still going to be available to day pass holders this year?

Does that mean day passers will have to attend the Vue the night before their chosen day if they want Disco tickets?

If you want to, but in reality you won't have too. This year the Discovery screens have much larger capacities and in one case almost three times as many seats, which means there will be heaps of seats to go round. Tickets will be available until 30 minutes before any screening, so day pass holders can get theirs on the day. But of course if you are there for two days in a row you can get yours the day before.

Surely this system is much better that having to arrive early and queue up.
bernal316
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bernal316 »

This whole situation really is a nightmare and i feel so sorry for the frightfest guys. After years and years of hard work and blood sweat and tears i would hate for all the hard work to be undone by the incompetance of a third party. I just hope this tide of ill feeling does not carry over into the festival itself.
Knowing there are going to be a lot of unhappy people attending due to ticketing/seating issues maybe it might be a bold move on behalf of the vue to make some gesture of goodwill to the frightfest family.
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Yes its very unfortunate that the ticketing problems online and phone this year have been such a 'mare .

However I do think most people are aware that this is down to Vue's crappy computer system and not the organisers who work very hard each year in putting on a great show which gets bigger every year. I would hope the problems doesn't cast a cloud of bad feeling across the festival - that'll do no one any good - shit unfortunately does happen from time to time even with meticulous planning and remaining pissed about doesnt help. I agree that a gesture of goodwill by Vue to make up in some way for the shambles would seem appropriate.
LeighM
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by LeighM »

A question for Ian etc on the Disco screen tickets, will there be a way to get a replacement ‘Voucher’ if ours break or the barcode stops working? I’m sure in most cases it won’t be necessary but these cinema tickets aren’t the most sturdy of things, especially being perforated down the middle!

Yes it will, but not an excuse to lose or otherwise mistreat.
Lucio Frizzi
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Lucio Frizzi »

A good will gesture from Vue for the people lucky enough to get tickets will be a fantastic consolation for the people who couldn't and won't be there anyway......sorry...just very bitter at the moment. I agree...it would be an apropriate gesture.
There's no heaven up there, we'll have to make heaven down here.
Garbord
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Garbord »

Garbord wrote:
Garbord wrote:Are Disco screen tickets still going to be available to day pass holders this year?

Does that mean day passers will have to attend the Vue the night before their chosen day if they want Disco tickets?

If you want to, but in reality you won't have too. This year the Discovery screens have much larger capacities and in one case almost three times as many seats, which means there will be heaps to go round. Tickets will be available until 30 minutes before any screening, so day pass holders can get theirs on the day. But of course if you are there for two days in a row you can get yours the day before.

Surely this system is much better that having to arrive early and queue up.
That's great, I needed an excuse to get some films in the night before anyway. Thanks for the clarification. The Disco line up is looking stronger than ever this year!
MovieBug
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by MovieBug »

HeadOnAStick wrote:
movieevangelist wrote: P.S. If any kind soul would be willing to try to get me a day pass for Sunday and / or Monday when the booking opens on Wednesday, I would happily work out something whereby I PayPal you part or full payment in advance and offer some form of appropriate reward. I will entirely understand if it's every man and woman for themselves.
I'm perfectly happy to try, but in fairness I should point out that I'll go through the process first for me, and only once I either have a pass or miss out entirely will I be willing to try for day-passes, so I might not be the best choice.
I can give it a try, I've just been told I can work from home till 1:30 Weds (I'm a bit crook) and I already have the day pass I wanted. I am double jammy.
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Liking the news around the Disco seating and methods, I'm definitely going to make more of an effort with those this year, after catching up with some of the staggeringly good ones I missed last year ("The Borderlands", "Willow Creek", etc)

BTW, only a minor thing, but got a response from the Vue customer services about various queries, one of which being if you could pick up your pass up before the festival if you bought online. Their response was; "Passes are available to be collected as from now."
As I'm local and will be up there at the weekend, I'm picking mine up to savour it's incandescent loveliness. Just wanted to mention that, in case anybody else was as paranoid as me and wanted to ensure they had a physical pass before the opening night. I'm such a paranoid twat...

FrightFesters, explain something to me. I have only been running this event for 15 years, but I really really don't get this obsession about some of you having to have your laminate pass so early. It is only a bit of card in a plastic pouch. I'm sure I'm missing something, but you have your actual ticket, you have your voucher for your discovery screen films so why. It will be waiting for you come the 21st. All you have to do is come collect it form our lovely volunteers who will be manning our desk in the foyer from lunchtime on the Thursday.
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

Just posting this here in case it helps anyone out getting sorted for tickets:

I was without passes after the weekend debacle, but got an email from Vue today saying give us a call, we've got full passes for you if you want to contact us with your payment details. The email and contact number were all above board etc. I gave them a call and sure enough they had two passes I could buy, but they couldn't tell me what screen they were for.

I'm beyond happy but, after the weekend we've all just had, it's muted as I'm taking the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach.

Anyway, there it is - hopefully it helps someone else.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Just got off of the phone with the events manager at VUE. We will be letting everyone know if you haven't managed to get tickets over the weekend on how to get your hands on them. Keep an eye on Twitter, Facebook and this forum for the information in the run up to noon tomorrow when they will become available.
movieevangelist
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by movieevangelist »

MovieBug wrote:
HeadOnAStick wrote:
I can give it a try, I've just been told I can work from home till 1:30 Weds (I'm a bit crook) and I already have the day pass I wanted. I am double jammy.
Have PM'd and DM'd you. Thanks in advance.

Also, good luck for tomorrow HeadOnAStick and thanks for the offer.