How Film4 FrightFest will work in 2014

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: How Film4 FrightFest will work in 2014

Post by thatcambridgebird »

Please please please if any kind festivaller/organiser can give a heads-up tomorrow on ticket availability and likelihood of sell-out that would be great. There's literally no way I can afford to buy tomorrow because of a music festival commitment in a couple of weeks, and like I said elsewhere I was hoping sales would level off and there'd be enough availability to buy nearer mid-July.

So any idea of if it's just madness and a sell-out would be great once sales kick off again. Imma clutch at a few straws, to keep myself from imagining the worst before I have to...
Jon H
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Jon H »

Just hope I can get hold of a Saturday day pass tomorrow. Very reassuring post from Ian - I do hope it works out for everyone tomorrow - people who care this much about the festival deserve to be there really.
MovieBug
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by MovieBug »

Thanks for organising - the Wednesday phone booking went well for me, only on hold 5-6 mins, operator knew what they were talking about, still had the tickets I was after - I hope everyone's attempt went as smoothly! Very glad to not be hitting refresh on a crashy website.

BB
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

I'm told I have what I was after as well, so very, very pleased.
domdunc
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by domdunc »

ChrisReynolds wrote:I made a Gantt chart version of the Frightfest schedule so you can now see at a glance how much time you have between films and where you overlap with other screens.
Hey, I've mirrored your chart on imgur in case it goes down for any reason, hope you don't mind.

http://imgur.com/OmoniCX
Jon H
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Jon H »

Got what I needed too. All worked very smoothly - many thanks to Ian and Vue for sorting this out.

Roll on August 21st!
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Critter Egg »

With the Discovery screens, will we be able to choose seats when we pick up tickets?

The collecting Discovery tickets system sounds much better this year, I hated spending all weekend in queues last year. Also, not only are there more tickets but because the Disco films will clash with different main films depending on what screen you're in we shouldn't have the rush of everyone trying to avoid a main film which has had bad reviews.
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Critter Egg,

Having never picked up tickets from an automated machine before I can't really comment on the seats.

But as there are a certain number of seats put aside for Weekend pass and then for Day pass, there would have to be some management of seats so I expect, if the software allows, that you can pick your own.

Obviously in days gone we could pick our seats for the Discovery - yes, you could, I never did, so happy was I to get to the queue and get the ticket I just got any old tosh they handed me.

It will be odd with the Disco screen this year, with them only being shown once, mainly as the hype from the people that saw the first screening in years past, won't really translate at all. All the hype for the films will have to be done prior to the screening.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Check this post: http://www.frightfest.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 975#p60975

When picking up tickets from the machine you can pick a seat or have one assigned automatically. Not official info, mind you, but in the absence of anything concrete a first-hand account of what the Sleepy Queue was told should be fairly solid.
Lucio Frizzi
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Lucio Frizzi »

Fantastic!!! Managed to get passes for the weekend today. Process was very smooth, the person on the end of the phone very helpfull and everything was done and dusted by 12.10pm. A big thanks to Ian and everybody for sorting this out and apologies also for being a bit, shall we say, angry in my previous posts. I'm very, very happy now and feeling a bit sheepish. I think it will be the queue next year, can't stand another few days of stress and dissapointment.
There's no heaven up there, we'll have to make heaven down here.
sandwoman
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by sandwoman »

Yay! I have a day pass for Saturday. I have no idea which screen it's in, and I'm certain it's not an aisle seat. In fact, I have no idea where I'll be sitting. But I'm cool with that. For me, that's huge personal progress :lol:

Big thanks to Ian and the gang for sorting things out with Vue. I had a similarly positive experience, as described above, with the call centre earlier today.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Just to keep everyone up-to-date - the dedicated ticket line is now closed. This was specially put on yesterday to ease the ticket buying process after the issues of the past weekend. Tickets are still available, but through the normal Vue call centre number - 08712 240 240. Online booking is still suspended for the mean time. Will advise when this reopens.
dfletcher88
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by dfletcher88 »

I have finally managed to secure a weekend pass but hold on...

Vue are unable to tell me which screen this is for unless I print my ticket at the cinema. I live 200 miles away and will not be in London until the weekend of the main event. I find it unimaginable that VUE do not have a system that can tell me what screen I am in. This will affect my whole scheduling for the weekend and could ultimately spoil the weekend for me.

Frightfest can you help. I am seat D30 but I do not know which screen!!!

Regards

Dan
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

dfletcher88 wrote:I have finally managed to secure a weekend pass but hold on...

Vue are unable to tell me which screen this is for unless I print my ticket at the cinema. I live 200 miles away and will not be in London until the weekend of the main event. I find it unimaginable that VUE do not have a system that can tell me what screen I am in. This will affect my whole scheduling for the weekend and could ultimately spoil the weekend for me.

Regards

Dan
This is the same for me. I requested Screen 5 but they're not able to tell me which screen I'm in. There seemed to be some suggestion that there was a risk of losing my passes if they tried to reallocated them so didn't want to take that risk. Would be good to know where I am though, to plan my schedule in advance etc.

I'm not moaning, after the weekend I'm just happy to be going! :)
dfletcher88
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by dfletcher88 »

Eddie Krueger wrote:
dfletcher88 wrote:I have finally managed to secure a weekend pass but hold on...

Regards

Dan
This is the same for me. I requested Screen 5 but they're not able to tell me which screen I'm in. There seemed to be some suggestion that there was a risk of losing my passes if they tried to reallocated them so didn't want to take that risk. Would be good to know where I am though, to plan my schedule in advance etc.

I'm not moaning, after the weekend I'm just happy to be going! :)
I am happy that I am going but after paying £170 of my hard earned cash it would be nice to know which screen I am in. How can I plan around the Disco screens?