Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: How Film4 FrightFest will work in 2014

Post by Eddie Krueger »

dfletcher88 wrote:
Eddie Krueger wrote:
dfletcher88 wrote:I have finally managed to secure a weekend pass but hold on...

Vue are unable to tell me which screen this is for unless I print my ticket at the cinema. I live 200 miles away and will not be in London until the weekend of the main event. I find it unimaginable that VUE do not have a system that can tell me what screen I am in. This will affect my whole scheduling for the weekend and could ultimately spoil the weekend for me.

Frightfest can you help. I am seat D30 but I do not know which screen!!!

Regards

Dan
This is the same for me. I requested Screen 5 but they're not able to tell me which screen I'm in. There seemed to be some suggestion that there was a risk of losing my passes if they tried to reallocated them so didn't want to take that risk. Would be good to know where I am though, to plan my schedule in advance etc.

I'm not moaning, after the weekend I'm just happy to be going! :)
I am happy that I am going but after paying £170 of my hard earned cash it would be nice to know which screen I am in. How can I plan around the Disco screens?
Yup, fully agree. That's pretty much where I am with the whole thing.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Chaps,

Email here. customerservices@vuemail.com

Make sure you add FrightFest in the subject line and then explain your problem and someone will let you know what screen you are in.

Ian.
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Guys

I had the exact same problem with identifying the screen from my online pass.
If you e-mail the customer services as suggested, they should get back to you within a day or so with the screen id, as that's what they did with me. I was actually convinced that I was in screen 7, but it turned out to be screen 6!
To be honest that was one of the reasons I wanted to pick up my pass early from the cinema ... and Ian had a pop at me for it!
*Sits in the corner and sobs softly*
Lunny68
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Lunny68 »

I emailed Vue, but they emailed back and said they couldn't confirm which screens I'd booked. They said I would have to go in and print off the tickets to find that out. Luckily, I'm in London tomorrow. Hopefully all will go well, and I can start planning!!
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

Lunny68 wrote:I emailed Vue, but they emailed back and said they couldn't confirm which screens I'd booked. They said I would have to go in and print off the tickets to find that out. Luckily, I'm in London tomorrow. Hopefully all will go well, and I can start planning!!
They weren't previously able to tell me on the email either, but after the comments here I thought I'd try again.

Sure enough I got a quick response telling me I am in Screen 7. I had asked for Screen 5 but, you know, first world problems and all that. :lol:

Hopefully you get what you were after :)
Jon H
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Jon H »

Just a quick word of thanks to Vue and the staff.

After all the issues at the weekend, my Frightfest experience was consisting of an individual day pass for each of the five days. I just went to pick them up and enquired if there were any Festival passes left – there were. There was no problem in refunding all my day tickets so I could get a festival pass.

Btw – I’d say there were about a dozen festival passes left in Screen 6 – mostly in the front four rows – if anyone is still looking.
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Critter Egg »

Where's the love for screen 6?! This was the preferred screen for me and my other half as we really want to see WolfCop and decided that the one we'd rather miss in the main screen was The Last Showing - I want to see Dead Snow and am hoping the TBC film will be something good (although on Sleepy Queue day Alan confirmed that it's sadly not Human Centipede 3, which I was hoping for). I also like the early start / early finish of screen 6.

Oh well,if screen 6 is partial empty at least I might get some freebies this year! :lol:
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
Lunny68
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Lunny68 »

Managed to pick up my passes this morning, but sadly it was still no go for my refund - seems I have to bite the bullet and spend a few quid on the phone in order to get my 58.75 back. Sorry to be cynical, but they took it so easily and yet it seems to be a real effort for them to give it back. Oh well. Not the end of the world.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Why were you charged this amount?
Lunny68
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Lunny68 »

A day pass plus booking fee. The website sent out an error message and took the money but didn't the ticket.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Email this address. Add FrightFest to subject line and explain your problem and it will be sorted out.

customerservices@vuemail.com
Lunny68
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Lunny68 »

Cheers Ian. Unfortunately, that's what I did originally, and they emailed me back asking me to phone them. I thought if I went in in person it would sort it, but it seems not!! Don't worry, I'll ring them and get it sorted. Thanks again for your help.
digitalsoul
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by digitalsoul »

Just to add balance. I couldn't get to a PC until around 2.30 pm. Booked a decent single seat for Saturday day pass in Screen 7 first attempt with no problems whatsoever. There were a few single seats still available at that point, but not may good ones.
Lunny68
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Lunny68 »

All sorted!!! Time to put the ticketing troubles behind me and start planning for August :eek:
hingethunder
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by hingethunder »

Was walking past the Vue just now and popped in on the off chance and am now £170 poorer :)

Looked to be 3 or 4 weekend passes left in screen 5, not sure if that's the lot or if there were some in the other screens but she just checked 5 first

My usual strategy of assuming I won't get a ticket then scoring one a week later worked once more!