Tickets faded.

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
DeanoG
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Tickets faded.

Post by DeanoG »

OK I swear I am not trying to create more issues.

It seems like all my groups tickets are rapidly fading, might be worth checking the ink on yours.

I presume it's easy to get them reprinted and the all important discovery screen barcode seems fine, but if you kept your tickets in the plastic lanyard they may have faded.

Ours are still just about visible... Maybe I just got a bad batch of ink?
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Tickets faded.

Post by lupogirl »

I have the same thing. The previous years had the same thing with the fading. Even when put in a dark place.

I ended up writing on the FF part of the laynard, the seat and row number and now the screen number. It is worth doing that, incase the print becomes too faint.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
DeanoG
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by DeanoG »

Ahhhh a bit of common sense, that is a good idea I will try that.

I am sure they can reprint if need be, was just concerned that when we all get to the vue they would have to deal with a bunch of invisible tickets and wanted to flag it before day 1.

As long as the disco barcode doesn't fade we are all good.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Mine don't look too bad at the moment - the pass been sealed up in a mostly dark cupboard since I got it. That said, I'm thinking of making a couple of high-resolution scans just in case. I'm not sure whether mine could be reprinted at the Vue as I paid with banknotes rather than with a card.

I'm wondering whether it has anything to do with the plastic holder, or the printouts fading without oxygen or something. I've got cinema tickets going back years (admittedly not from Vues), and they're mostly perfectly legible.
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Must admit I had this problem the last couple of years with the Empire tickets so it's not exclusive to Vue. Worst than that last year, my tickets actually "melded" with the plastic and I couldn't remove them if I wanted to!
So this year I removed them from the lanyard and put them in an envelope away from sunlight.
Still seem nicely crisp and clear at the moment, but that's obviously not much use to anyone who has already seen it fade...