Disco screen tickets

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
Ranja81
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Disco screen tickets

Post by Ranja81 »

Sorry if this has been answered before but this is my first frightfest. I have a day pass for Friday and wondered how i get tickets for films on the discovery screens? I assume these tickets are in with the cost of the day pass?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Disco screen tickets

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Hello, yes your Disco Screen tickets are with your pass, but obviously only for the Friday of your pass.

The possible problem, is so much as I understand it, is that Discovery Screen tickets will be available from Vue, for pass holders, at 6.30pm the previous day, in your case, the Thursday.

Apparently, you take a bar code ticket, which you should have been given with your pass (again, I'm assuming it is the same for day pass holders) to one of the machines and select which Discovery films you want to see.

I am assuming it is still first-come-first-served so if you can only get down on the Friday, you may be disappointed if you wish to see a particularly popular film.

But, again assuming, tickets will be available to get right up until the screening, given availablility.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

The above is pretty bang on the mark.

I'd expect that disco screens being full may be a rarity due to the much increased capacity of the screens compared to when they were at the Empire.
Ranja81
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Ranja81 »

That's great. I'm actually arriving on the Thursday so will nip to the cinema to get my tickets. Thanks a lot you've been a great help
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Right, here is the official chapter and verse on how to get your Discovery Screen tickets.

The basic rules first, and forgive me if you already know this, but for the benefit of this year's FrightFest virgins, your festival or day passes entitle you to tickets on a first-come first-served basis to see the films in our two Discovery Screens as part of your ticket price.

In years past tickets to the Discovery Screens were to say the least, a bit limited. This was down to the limited capacity of the screens the we used. This year availability has been drastically increased. In Discovery Screen one there are three times and in Discovery Screens two twice as many tickets available. So, the thing to remember is not to worry, not to panic, not to run out in the middle of films to get them when they are released. there are heaps of tickets and you will get one.

Now for the actual mechanism of getting them. Remember,it is one ticket per pass per film. If you bought your pass from the cinema, you will have been given a second slip of paper. If you bought online you will get this when you collect your tickets. Don't lose it. This second slip of paper has a barcode on it. Put it in the plastic pouch that your Festival badge comes in. What you do is you take this along with your festival badge to any of the tills in the downstairs foyer and the person behind the counter will help you choose seats for the films that you want to see. Remember, it is one ticket per pass per film.

The times when the tickets for the discovery screens will be available, will be announced later this week.

Ian
dfletcher88
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by dfletcher88 »

Hi Ian,

Any update on the above? Really excited about the films in the Discovery Screens. My only worry was an earlier post stating that films will be available at 18:30. Thursday my first film is 18:20 so this may result in tickets for the next days Discovery Screens been sold out. I have no doubt you have taken this into consideration, just first FrightFest worries. :) :geek:
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

I was under the impression (probably false) that we could use the automated machines as well. I take it that a visit to the manned (or womanned) tills is the only option now?
pauluspink
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by pauluspink »

dfletcher88 wrote:Hi Ian,

Any update on the above? Really excited about the films in the Discovery Screens. My only worry was an earlier post stating that films will be available at 18:30. Thursday my first film is 18:20 so this may result in tickets for the next days Discovery Screens been sold out. I have no doubt you have taken this into consideration, just first FrightFest worries. :) :geek:

Yes, I would also like an update on this.

I'm sure the release times will be before film times, but I'd like to know so that I can plan my day. It would be handy if we can use the ticket machines as well.
I do Special Make-Up Effects & Prosthetics (SFX): Graphic Delusions: Facebook Page
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

I've been told that tomorrow's disco tickets will be available at the tills after The Guest.
Garbord
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Garbord »

Anyone know what time Saturdays Disco tickets will be made available?
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

Almighty fail with the Discovery ticket allocating I'm afraid. Letting us get all the tickets we wanted for any day meant massive queues as people proceeded to choose potentially 20+ tickets at a time. Case in point: I joined a queue with only 4 people ahead of me and it took almost 30 minutes standing in that queue before I got served. I imagine a great deal more people just gave up.

And when I did finally get served I saw why it took so long. For each ticket I wanted (naturally, after waiting this long, I'd decided to get all my tickets in one go) I had to name the film, say what time it was on at, say the date it was on and then the teller had to try and find the film. Some people were even given the option to pick their seat, only adding to the processing time further. Just imagine that, multiplied out for however many films for every punter.

How I long for the days at the Empire where we just queued up, said the name and they had the tickets printed off already and we didn't fuss about where we were sat. Everyone was done in under a minute back then and that was with half as many staff on the tills. Seriously, this needs a major rethink for next year.
STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by STun »

Is it true we're only allowed 6 disco tickets?
Ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

STun wrote:Is it true we're only allowed 6 disco tickets?
No- I had no problem getting more than 6. I think the only limitation is that you can't get tickets for two films showing at the same time.
Garbord
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Garbord »

Are there going to be updates about which ones are selling out?

Must admit, not feeling much love for day pass holders this year.

Any idea how many pass holder seats are allocated for the disco 2 screen?
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Critter Egg »

Well IMHO the Disco tickets worked much better this year. Yes my man and I queued for about 40 minutes, but that's it done, no getting to the cinema at 8am every day to queue. I was also pleased to chose my seats - at the Empire, if you were near the front of the queue you were automatically given neck aching seats near the front, even if the screening didn't sell out.

We chose to stay in the queue and miss Sin City but that was our choice; I'd rather secure my chance of seeing Wolfcop (and others) than see a film which is out on general release from Monday.

Day pass holders may miss out, which is why the tickets should have been available online as well, but maybe the online ticket fiasco last month ruled that out.
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"