Frightfest's worst movie ever?

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
Stephen with ph
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Frightfest's worst movie ever?

Post by Stephen with ph »

Until yesterday, I was confident that the answer was "Bubba's Chilli Parlour".

Then I saw "Shockwave Darkside" :eek:

So: what's your nomination for the worst Frightfest movie ever?

Let it out: you know you'll feel better...
Rob@Sky
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Frightfest's worst movie ever?

Post by Rob@Sky »

Missed Shockwave so it's still Bubba's Chilli Parlour. Although the director bringing his little girl on for the Q&A so the audience couldn't crucify him was a stroke of genius. And show how lovely the FF crowd is!
Twitter: rob_a_daniel
Web: www.electric-shadows.com
Ta!
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror. Not merely an appalling film, but also offensive to everyone who isn't a pimp. Hell, it probably offended them as well.
sandwoman
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by sandwoman »

I missed Shockwave and Snoop Dogg, so it's still Bubba's Chilli Parlour for me. I brought a friend who was a Frightfest virgin and I had to take her out of the film and buy her a G&T to placate her after I'd bigged up Frightfest so much to her beforehand! :lol:
bernal316
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bernal316 »

shockwave and Deadheads in a photo finish. Shockwave was like someones GCSE project!! How to survive a Zombie Holocaust a close third!
powerpopkid
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by powerpopkid »

HOW TO SURVIVE A ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST

This film was just cringeworthy bad - How the fuck did this shit even get screened.

Saw a number of people walk out during this film and not to return
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

I tried closing my eyes during Shockwave Darkside. Not because I was at that usual knackered stage of the festival, but just to see if it helped improve the godawful piece of junk I was being subjected to. It didn't. In fact doing that only highlighted how brain numbingly inane the dialogue was. Jesus wept. But even so, it's not my worst Frightfest movie ever. And neither is last years In Fear (just drive in the opposite direction you chumps!). Or Bubba's Chilli Parlor (although its a close run thing). Or Zombie Women Of Satan. Or Inbred. Or Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror (I'd forgotten about that one!). Nope, it's Adam Mason's 'Dust'. Sat there in the circle of the Prince Charles way back in 2001 with Kim Newman just a couple of seats to my left, the pair of us watching with glazed over disbelief like rabbits caught in the headlights while all around people walked out in their droves (the first casualties occurred around 5 minutes in after which the exit doors were in constant use). Mind numbing doesn't begin to describe the experience. Just thinking about it all these years later is enough to bring me out in a cold sweat. The horror, the horror...
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scarebear »

Cant believe how pathetic Stage Fright was last night. Lets put it this way, Horror is Horror, Musicals are Musicals. You cannot mix them both. Even the bloody killer was signing when he made is kills! I was in the Horror Channel for most of the day yesterday and it had the smallest amount of people in, and quite frankly I could see why. People in there were in fits of laughter and holding their faces in despair each time those idiots burst into song. Worst Film ive seen at Frightfest ever.
Lost Highway
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Lost Highway »

scarebear wrote:Cant believe how pathetic Stage Fright was last night. Lets put it this way, Horror is Horror, Musicals are Musicals. You cannot mix them both. Even the bloody killer was signing when he made is kills! I was in the Horror Channel for most of the day yesterday and it had the smallest amount of people in, and quite frankly I could see why. People in there were in fits of laughter and holding their faces in despair each time those idiots burst into song. Worst Film ive seen at Frightfest ever.
I'd say that Phantom of the Paradise, Sweeney Todd and The Wicker Man have proven that it is possible to mix the horror genre with the musical if you do it well. It's just that Stage Fright is an incompetently made film.
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

Before this weekend I would have said it was one of the following 3:

- Bubba's Chilli Parlour....yep what's been said basically, it's nice that a load of bartenders made a film in their soare time, and it was sweet that you brought your little daughter along to the premiere. Unfortunately that doesn't stop your film being a steaming pile of horsehit.
- Bad Meat.....that crap that opened the all nighter a few years ago, endless shots of people vomitting over each other and people in gimp suits being sodomised. And to add insult it was even fucking finished and randomly stopped in the middle of the film!
- Smash Cut.....that crap with David Hess, just dire. Famous for having one of the most awkward Q&As at FrightFest - "has anyone got any questions?" *stunned silence", then someone nervously puts up their hand and says "ummm....the posters in the film were good".

Other crap that is in contention would be I Know How Many Runs You Scored Last Summer, Gnaw, Choose, Altitude, The Watermen, Vile, The Theatre Bizarre, Isle Of Dogs, Dead Cert, Catacombs, RIPD, Hammer Of The Gods, Finale, Fragment, etc.

However, Shockwave Darkside has officially overtaken even those as my all time worse FF movie, and added a whole new dimension to the word dogshit! After spending all year looking for top films, how did this drivel even get considered, let alone get on the fucking main screen??!!! Endless dialogue scenes with people in suits that look like they were made on Blue Peter in 5 minutes by a drunk, spliced with footage inside helmets that looked like a crap Amgia game from 1988! Just unwatchable and atrocious.
wakko
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by wakko »

Yesterday I got it confirmed that watching musicals in any form (even in satire form - also had my problems with South Park creator's Book of Mormon) is not my cup of tea. Just annoying, so yeah in a strange way I had horrors. Nice TCM reference though..
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

My vote will always go to The Tesseract for being the most excruciatingly boring Frightfest film of all time.

But Shockwave Darkside 3D was really scraping the barrel. What it was doing on the main screen(s) in 2014 is beyond me.

(I must give the caveat that I have never seen Dust)
Scrofulous Peasant
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Scrofulous Peasant »

So very glad that I didn't see Shockwave Darkside as I was in the disco screen watching the rather good Julia :)
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

The Soapmaker wrote:My vote will always go to The Tesseract for being the most excruciatingly boring Frightfest film of all time.

But Shockwave Darkside 3D was really scraping the barrel. What it was doing on the main screen(s) in 2014 is beyond me.

(I must give the caveat that I have never seen Dust)
I am genuinely envious of your ignorance towards the latter. If a lobotomy was guaranteed to remove the memories then I would have one (instead, a few years back a so called mate thought it would be funny to send me a dvd copy of Dust in the post as a surprise birthday present because he knew I hated it so much. Needless to say, he is my friend no longer)
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

You're all wrong :D

The worst ever film at Frightfest was 'Day of the Dead 2: Contagium' and not just because of the illiterate title. A close second, because it lasted so long I sometimes think I'm still watching it when I close my eyes was 'Casshern'

Don't get me wrong, the ones you've named are terrible. These two are worse...

Except. I actually loved Stage Fright. Sorry :D