The Green Inferno

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, 21st - 25th August 2014
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: The Green Inferno

Post by DJBenz »

Well it was kinda obvious the 'pork scraps' weren't going to be actual pork. :lol:

But I'm glad I spotted that, as it's the kind of thing I'd usually miss.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

I don't like Eli Roth films.

I couldn't get Discovery tickets (though looking back I should have just walked into a screening and found a seat).

I watched this.

I enjoyed the plane crash - I thought that was very well done.

Everything else was shit.

Not as shit as Inbred, but still shit.

As far as saying the tribe was peaceful at the end, I think she did this
Spoiler:
so the fact that she said there were no survivors because she'd left creepy, wanking beard guy behind in the cage, would reveal her to be a liar, especially after the "phone call from creepy wanking beard guy's sister" suggests that he escaped
or some other lame excuse to do a sequel or actually try to add some drama to the film.

The fact I didn't like any character doesn't make me feel empathy when they die - this is standard of all of Roth's films.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Huh... I thought the tattoos came from the big guy. But it'd make more sense if that explained her fate...
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Some really clunking moments of inappropriate "American Pie" humour aside, I really liked this and it's a shame it won't get a proper cinematic release because I think it could have done well. Highlight was that arrival scene at the village which really gave a sense of terror and foreboding that unfortunately wasn't fully delivered by the rest of the film. Also...what was with the ants?
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

The ants were supposed to be biting him (because of the green paste he'd been smeared with, presumably). Ah, these guys look about right...
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Yeah the ants torture was stupid. I expected we'd get another glimpse at him several hours later, looking like the bloodied, decayed corpsicles they saw on the way into the village but it never came. He fell asleep and had a bit of a scratch on his face. :roll:
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Shudder and Plex
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey