FrightFest ticketing 2015

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: FrightFest 2015 dates for you diary

Post by STun »

Would definitely be up for giving that a go Iomega.

Would there be a ticket limit for each person as well?
Ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?
IndianaM
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by IndianaM »

How about moving the ticketing venue well away from Leicester Square for the sleepy queue? Could the BFI handle the ticketing?
corpsekid
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by corpsekid »

What about the Phoenix? or the Vue bar itself? no-body can line before 10 or something (general public), we all are given a numbered ticket on entry and crash the night before getting kicked out, form a massive conga line (in order) and head to the vue lining up in the alley.
no dealers, no drunks no pickpockets
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

I like the idea of a preregistration. Getting tickets last year was rather stressful. Could everyone who is interested preregister and be allocated a code or number or whatever, that entitles you to order a festival pass via Eventbrite or similar. Then those who want group bookings could form a club and surrender their pass entitlement to a nominated administrator who then would buy tickets for the group. Maybe the group people could get 30 minutes to buy tickets first.
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

My suggestion is to go all online to a reliable ticket seller like Eventbrite. It gets everyone regardless of where they live an equal shout. If they cannot link to a specific seat then you just buy your weekend/day pass and get allocated the seat later with the "best" seats going to the earliest buyers. The cinema I am sure can handle the specific film ticket sales when they take place nearer the time. Pre-registrations...payment schemes.... they seem a bit unnecessary to me - just stick a tenner away each month once the festival finishes and you'll have enough money for the next one !!
namesy
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by namesy »

Unless it moves entirely online then I think a "sleepy queue" will happen. The best bet on this is to put the queue elsewhere until say 5am with numbered tickets given to those in the queue so that when I moves it forms again in the right order wherever tickets are sold.

Another addition could be that if people still want the SQ to happen and it moves online that for two hours the sleepy queue people get a unique URL to buy. First given to the people that queued all night until they all get their seats then give it to the rest of the queue. Just need to make sure to can pick seats on a mobile device.
spasticus77
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by spasticus77 »

Is there a specific reason the queue can't be outside the VUE all night? Would it be possible to organise use of the the garden in leicester square overnight. have some security on the gate and entry only allowed with a free/£5 ticket printed out on this site. we would all then be in a secure area not getting in peoples way, not getting hassled by drunks etc. Sleepy queue peeps would probably feel better bringing tablets/portable dvd players/laptops etc to watch movies together some people brought tents to queue last year more people would if we were locked in the park. Make a little event of it. when 5am hits you can get a numbered ticket at the gate for the queue outside the cinema. Basically turn the park into an overnight campsite(sleepaway camp)
therockstar
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by therockstar »

So last year was our first Frightfest including the full sleepy queue experience. I've already booked up hotels, childcare, travel etc for both Frightfest this year and the sleepy queue night.

Given the problems faced by others using the online ticketing option last year, the thought of missing out on tickets this year, or even not sitting with those I'm travelling and staying with is concerning.

With only a few months to go I hope this gets resolved sooner rather than later.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

I've just booked my coach for 3-4 July. Cheaper now. fingers crossed only 87 days to go till passes go on sale.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

A quick question, do any of you use cash to buy your tickets? I have noticed a couple of people, but not many at past SQ days. I ask cause the system we are thinking of using for the festival and day passes is credit/debit card only.

Single tickets will still be handled by the cinema and can be bought at the box office using all the normal methods.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

We use cash because it's easier to buy a few seats in one area, in one go.

Plus, if one of us cannot make the queue, we get their cash in advance.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

I tend pay in cash. I know some banks halt transaction over £500 limit because of security issues. This when your are buy tickets for more than two people. Hence, rather have the dosh in hand, rather worry about the card going through.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

mainly debit card for me and if i'm buying for others they usually transfer money across. Cash gets messy :D
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

How about you show or email your pass from 2014 and get the same seat? Remaining seats go online.
Stevey K
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Stevey K »

Always pay in cash as easier and quicker and as I buy for myself and a couple of compatriots I can get their money beforehand.