FrightFest ticketing 2015

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: FrightFest ticketing 2015

Post by greenzombidog »

Wow almost £200 a ticket, so thats nearly £400 for me and the missus. Got a bit of time to think about whether or not i can afford it this year.

Yes, but with an extra screen and over 15 more films and events to choose from it we feel it is still good value. We had held the price at at £170 for two years.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Critter Egg »

iomega wrote:There will be a 5% booking fee, but no other charges. Tickets are print at home so no postage and no transaction fees.
We wont have to print the festival pass at home though will we? I understood from earlier posts that the pass could be collected from Vue at the start of FrightFest (after online payment) and that only the Discovery tickets would be print at home.
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

You will get your pass when you arrive as previously said. Just bring you printed at home ticket with you so we can identify you.
Stevey K
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Stevey K »

When will you be announcing the ticket agents as one of the biggest pains I find with buying tickets online (or anything for that matter) is most places don't have a guest checkout so you then have to register etc.
just thinking we could potentially pre register - this would save time and also speed the process up. Just a thought

Registration will be necessary. It will be needed for issuing the Discovery Screen tickets, but it is just three bits of info. Username, password and confirm password. I have been advised that preregistration won't speed things up much, but thanks for the suggestion.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

5% of the pass price (£185) is £9.24, making a festival pass £194.24 total. If the booking fee is 5% of the pass price per booking then 10 passes would be £1859.24, but if it's per ticket then they would be £1942.40.

Assuming each of the ten people wanting a pass would pay for themselves it wouldn't cost any individual any more so from that POV it's no different, but I think it's sharp practice at the very least to take nearly eighty quid more when the system doesn't have to do any more work booking them than it would for somebody just buying their own.
There is no sharp practice going on. We would never chisel FrightFesters. I have double checked, as I wanted to be sure of my facts. We are as new to this as everyone.

The 5% is levied on the transaction cost not on a per ticket basis. The increased ticket price this year reflects the increased number of films available and increased cost associated with this. More films more talent invites etc.
Stevey K
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Stevey K »

Isn't that the same thing though Ian? 5% per ticket or 5% per transaction?
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

It's great there's another screen and 15 more films to choose from. And obviously this adds to costs which need to be paid somehow. However, this doesn't necessarily mean better value for the pass holders because there's still only the same number of hours in each day and Frightfest is still the same duration as previous years. Basically, we don't actually see any more films than before, just get more options to see something else when the main screen doesn't take our fancy.

Yes, it does suck a bit that prices are going up through this booking fee and all but, let's face it, we'll all find that extra dosh because we know how much we love Frightfest and there's nothing else like it in the UK. I'd be more concerned about putting off new people coming to Frightfest by the just sub-£200 prices.

You're entitled to your opinion, and we would never stop anyone expressing it here, but forgive me for saying it grates. We are not going to please everyone this year. We have had to take some hard decisions to ensure that the festival continues more or less as normal. Yes, I'm sure the price increase will put a few people off, but we have held the prices as long as we can and just can't for another year. With cinema hire rates that would fund a decent premiership footballer, hotel bills the size of a small country's GDP, flight tickets with costs large enough that it seems it would be cheaper to buy a plane, it is just a fact of life. I jest, but you get the point I hope. If you want the best films and guests, the event will cost what it does to put on and needs to be paid for.
Last edited by benj on Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

I'm not bothered about the increase in price, I've been more than surprised over the years that the price was held at £170 for so long, it is just good to budget in advance for a large cash outlay and any additional associated cost.

Now just to hope I get the tickets.

At least my liver gets a rest.
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by thatcambridgebird »

Well I for one am really happy with the prices. We missed last year so I was fully expecting this year's day passes to have shot up in the interim. But £60 per day for Sat/Sun is great, and I get a lie-in on the sale day (I'm sure it started at 9am one year didn't it, or am I misremembering?).

Either way, happy times over here, thanks Ian and the crew :green:
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Slight increase in price is not a problem. That works out about £7.47 per film (26 films? like last year) which is a bargain at London prices these days.

Thursday - 3 slots
Friday - 6 slots
Saturday - 6 slots
Sunday - 6 slots
Monday - 5 slots

also the choice to change a film for one of the other three playing in the smaller screens.

Plus a goodie bag (this still on Ian?) and all the extras and GUESTS!

Mostly I'd pay to spend time with my FrightFest friends and make new ones.
83 days till....

Three slots on Thursday not four, and yes bags again this year, although getting harder to fill each year.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Sorry, wishful thinking on my part. Glad the Bag is still going, retired my Kill List one and currently using the Arrow video one.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

I'm still using the very first one from 2008, although I did have a small stock of them. The current one sadly is the last.
Biohazard
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Biohazard »

Biohazard wrote:Will the online booking system allow for buying a ticket for a disabled person along with a concessionary carer ticket under the CEA scheme?
Hi, sorry to ask this again but I'd really like to know. Cinema websites allow for the CEA scheme but an independent booking site might not.

I'm looking into this. There is no facility for this at the moment and we haven't done the CEA scheme every. I will keep you posted
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

iomega wrote:I'm still using the very first one from 2008, although I did have a small stock of them. The current one sadly is the last.
Kept all mine. But the Kill List and Arrow video are still best so far. Plus I still have my Lupo t-shirt!!
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Lucio Frizzi
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Lucio Frizzi »

Just hope there is a bit more quality this year as there was some absolute garbage last year. I appreciate it's all subjective and every film isn't going to be a masterpiece but still...you'd have been pretty hacked off if you had just rocked up and paid a single ticket price for the likes of Shockwave Darkside, Xmoor or Siren. Glasgow wasn't the best this year, lets hope that bodes well for London, as there are a lot of promising looking films on the horizon. It will be interesting to see if any of these will get shown or whether there will be quite a bit of barrel scraping, what with the extra screens to fill. It would be great to have some sort of insight from the organisers as to how certain films are chosen and wether they are a main screen or a discovery screen, as there have been some strange choices down the years. Not having a go or anything, just generally interested.

"If you want the best films and guests, the event will cost what it does to put on and needs to be paid for" is a bold statement, lets hope that we all agree with this sentiment come festivals end :)
There's no heaven up there, we'll have to make heaven down here.