FrightFest ticketing 2015

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
killer guinea pigs
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: FrightFest ticketing 2015

Post by killer guinea pigs »

I would just like to say thank you to the boys for arranging another great weekend.

If you want to go to a cheaper film festival then go to grim up north......you get what you pay for.

I dont like Npaying extra for anything as well but we all do.......gas, electric, train fares etc.

I am happy to pay extra for great entertainment, films, guests and the goodie bag (i will come back to the goodie bag)

What the boys have done over the years is bring together films, fans and atmosphere........brilliant.

Now the negative bit........

If it was upto me i would have the strongest films all on the main screen and then there wouldnt be any need to watch discovery screens.

i understand people want choice but i think we have too much choice now.

i trust the boys to put the best films on the main screen which is why i dont mind paying the full price.

This dosent always happen of course and shockwave so called 3d was a bad choice, this has happened before and i have no idea why unless the people who make these films sponsor the festival........hammer of the gods anyone !

Now the goodie bag............its rubbish ! free mags and leaflets with dvd's that are out of date. i think i would rather have a free beer at the bar.

Again you get what you pay for and if you dont believe me......i will see you at grim up north!
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

I was a big fan of nymph (siren) and will defend it to the death!
Lucio Frizzi
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Lucio Frizzi »

What are the "strongest films" though? It's all subjective. It's been generally considered that the main screen gets the supposed better films, but the last few years has shown, as you rightly stated, that this is sadly not the case. More often than not, a lot of the main screen films could be swapped out with Discovery screen ones. Like I said on a previous post, I'd love to know how the choices are made, although I can sort of guess why and the general silence on this issue from the organisers tends to back up my theories on this matter. On a very basic level though, I think you need to have a choice, as within the horror genre there are many sub-genres, some of which are quite polarising. For example I can't stand frat boy horror comedies like zombeavers or those bloody awful japanese shite fests like Dead Sushi, however, some people do, so it's good to have an alternative.
There's no heaven up there, we'll have to make heaven down here.
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by greenzombidog »

Ever since the discovery screens were introduced I've skipped out of the main screen for the films I thought looked poor. If at the end of the festival i've sat through a film I thought was rubbish it's usually my own fault because I chose to see it. Sometimes it works out that theres nothing good on in a certain time slot though. I remember the year with Hammer of the gods there was nothing on that i fancied in that slot so i went to pizza express instead, granted I felt like I had wasted a bit of my full pass but hopefully with another screen this year there should be something else to see when inevitably one of the main choices looks bad.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
Lucio Frizzi
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Lucio Frizzi »

Yeah, I skipped Hammer Of The Gods as well and you're right, there wasn't much in the way of a quality alternative. I ended up wandering around Covent Garden in the rain. Having since seen the aformentioned film since, I think I made the right decision.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

I gave it 20mins. and did what a true viking would do...went for a pint.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

iomega wrote: There is no sharp practice going on. We would never chisel FrightFesters. I have double checked, as I wanted to be sure of my facts. We are as new to this as everyone.
Apologies Ian - I should have been clearer and wasn't inferring that you'd try to stitch festivalgoers up. My opinion of online ticket vendors and the way they operate isn't high and my concern was that we (meaning Frightfest collectively, including the organisers) could be taken advantage of, especially given that it's a completely new modus for everyone.

I'm happy enough with the price and was surprised when it hadn't gone up last year. Now I'm reassured that any extra is going to the festival and not just lining the ticket sellers pockets then even better. Getting excited already :D.

The 5% goes to the ticketing company to pay for the system, not to us. We get the £185, minus VAT of course
spasticus77
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by spasticus77 »

Quick question. If one of our group is buying all our tickets, i assume he logs in and buys them all then gets printouts for all tickets.How do the rest of our group then book our discovery screen tickets. would the original buyer have to log in and do it,or do our individual tickets have a number whereby we can log in seperately and type in the ticket number which would allow us to then book disco tickets. Im just not wanting a situation where our friend buys the tickets then he has to take disco screen requests from all members of the group( say 5 people) thats a nightmare for that person. and obviously to guarentee seating together we cant all book seperately.

We are still working on the exact ins and outs of this. Watch for more info on the website nearer the time, but working towards getting a much flexibility in the system as possible
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

Now that ticketing has been finalised I'm beginning to get really excited. Trains and accommodation have also been booked. I tell you a week in a hotel within a mile of Leicester Square is not cheap.

There is a huge international medical conference on in London over the holiday weekend and that's why all the hotel rooms have gone up in price. All down to yield management. You should see what it has done to our hotel budget! Bloody scary.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Always gone for the High Holborn Halls. £196 this year for 5 nights and breakfast.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
DeanoG
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by DeanoG »

Tune Hotel is within walking distance.

Last year I stayed at the Easy Hotel ( Barbican/Old Street ) and while it was all kinds of annoying ( Like a futuristic nightmare ) , it was cheap and about a 25 ish minute walk away from the cinema, do-able if you want cheap.

Sorry duplicate post.
Last edited by DeanoG on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

How many weekend passes will be available this year?

Not something we share, sorry.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

DeanoG wrote:Sorry duplicate post.
Not any more. ;)
stoofyd
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by stoofyd »

Excited! I will be panic buying my tickets whilst away in Portugal, fingers crossed it is a more pain free experience than last year :p (apologies to the organisers, you must be sick of hearing that!)

Yep, sick, but a valid point none the less.
Lucio Frizzi
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Lucio Frizzi »

I just wish it was anywhere other that Leicester Square....an absolute shit hole. The only thing that spoils it really.....