Film4 FrightFest 2015 news/update

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Film4 FrightFest 2015 news/update

Post by scarebear »

MalJutley wrote:
maxmum wrote:Any thoughts on the line up anyone?
Discovery films look pretty strong to me. I'm already pretty split about what to see on the friday as a result
Same Here, Never Let Go and Final GIrl both at the same time on Friday, What a decision!
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scarebear »

Malky wrote:Line up looks promising. I'm excited by Howl.
Me too, Gonna get a Day Pass this year for Monday but will have to miss one of the 1pm screenings to see Howl
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bacchus »

What a great lineup.

How good does Monday look?!! EMELIE, NIGHT FARE, CURVE and HOWL all on the same day. Sunday looks very strong too with SCHERZO DIABOLICO, ROAD GAMES etc Saturday has THE HALLOW which I've been waiting to see for a while.

In fact, the only day I'd say is the weakest is Thursday, but only because the only film that looks decent is CHERRY TREE. All the other days look very strong and I'd say this is by far the best lineup for FrightFest ever.

Can't wait.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

jeneralrobin wrote:Am I being a turd or is the programme not on the FF site yet? I see the new update with films listed, but not in a programme as such... :s
There's a handy PDF of the schedule:

http://www.frightfest.co.uk/2015films/a ... wnload.pdf
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
jeneralrobin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by jeneralrobin »

streetrw wrote:
jeneralrobin wrote:Am I being a turd or is the programme not on the FF site yet? I see the new update with films listed, but not in a programme as such... :s
There's a handy PDF of the schedule:

http://www.frightfest.co.uk/2015films/a ... wnload.pdf

Thank you - I managed to get it through a link on facebook earlier from another kind soul :D
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

I've made the schedule into a Gantt chart so you can check running times and break lengths (click for a full-size version):

Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

There are so many films I want to see on the Discovery screens.
DeanoG
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by DeanoG »

DJBenz wrote:
I'm not sure it's clear on the website, but how about this online planner for the event?

http://t.co/WzmeUfVEhI

That is a thing of beauty, great job !
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

DeanoG wrote:
DJBenz wrote:
I'm not sure it's clear on the website, but how about this online planner for the event?

http://t.co/WzmeUfVEhI

That is a thing of beauty, great job !
Not my work, not sure whose, but I'm sure they'll appreciate the sentiment!
jeneralrobin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by jeneralrobin »

Wow that schedule really is a handy beaut! Get the guy/gal a beer! :ugeek:
Creepshow11
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Creepshow11 »

Can anyone remember which was the largest theatre. Was it the Film 4 screen?
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Creepshow11 wrote:Can anyone remember which was the largest theatre. Was it the Film 4 screen?
Last year, the seat numbers in the theatres were:
Film4 Screen (Vue Screen 5): 413 seats
Arrow Video Screen (Vue Screen 6): 264 seats
Horror Channel Screen (Vue Screen 7): 411 seats
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Last year, the seat numbers in the theatres were:
Film4 Screen (Vue Screen 5): 413 seats
Arrow Video Screen (Vue Screen 6): 264 seats
Horror Channel Screen (Vue Screen 7): 411 seats

Want to double check the above will be in the same screens as this year ?
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

great to see so much choice, it makes it even harder to decide what to see....also I have one slight hripe, sorry to the guys for this, but, the two special events that dont say what they are means that we could miss out on other films if these are good events,or miss them if we go to see a film on one of the other screens.

do we know when these items will be published as obviously we dont want to get tkts for the dicovery sreens and then miss them because of the events...not meaning to be negative.

I am surprised that the extra screen is at the PCC, especially as there are plenty of other screens in the Vue..I am assuming that this is because it is a larger cinema screen with more seats than those available at the Vue..just wondering,so correct me if im wrong.

The line up is very good,obviously there will be must sees, so-so and no way jose films but there will always be gems in there that you thought were going to be awful but are actually very good even excellent.

One final point, As the horror legend that was Christopher Lee is no longer with us I am dismayed as are many others that there are no films or even tributes planned being shown...or have I missed something.

However we are now planning with the help of spreadsheets,timetables, ect ect our weekend, we usually manage to get in around 25 films...oh one question, is it just me not reading this right but do the last films of each day start earlier or are they just shorter films..I only ask as in previous years we have left at gone 1am some nights. not a complaint just a question.

Anyway looking forward to the Festival, just hoping the online thingy..goes well, for the fans and the guys, like I say still working on which main screen fits in with the other screens,had Arrow last year but may well be Film4 this year if we can get em..roll on noon tomorrow.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

ChrisReynolds wrote:I've made the schedule into a Gantt chart so you can check running times and break lengths (click for a full-size version):
Thanks for this!Very easy to see which films overlap this way.