FrightFest ticketing 2015

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
idlehost
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: FrightFest ticketing 2015

Post by idlehost »

Been in once, had the perfect seats lined up, received the circle of death, now have another hour (minimum)to wait.

Not a good show I'm afraid.
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Meanbobs »

I must say that I'm thoroughly enjoying this 'secret-cinema' style immersive horror online queueing experience. It's like I'm really there in the hell of it all!
jeneralrobin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by jeneralrobin »

Ok, tickets bought! I used an iPad, joined the queue at 11:58 and it took just over an hour. When I selected my screen (horror) it actually said 'film4' in the drop down box. So I selected Arrow then reselected horror after. That worked fine.
Thanks to the person who spotted this one earlier!
I also had the whirry circle after adding to the basket, clicked back (got an error page) then back again which took me to the page for choosing festival pass/day pass. From there I selected my screen etc all over again, and it then worked PERFECTLY and took me through a very easy payment screen, and on to the printable tickets.
For those who are still queuing for Horror Channel screen, there are plenty of great seats left :p
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

This is just a plot to make the Sleepy Queue look less crap, isn't it?

...it's not working yet.
Jon H
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Jon H »

How long do I give the circle of death to actually work?
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

jeneralrobin wrote: I also had the whirry circle after adding to the basket, clicked back (got an error page) then back again which took me to the page for choosing festival pass/day pass. From there I selected my screen etc all over again, and it then worked PERFECTLY and took me through a very easy payment screen, and on to the printable tickets.
hmmm, this is not always going to work, after having the circle for 10 minutes I pressed cancel which took me to the error page, then went back, but I ended up at the back of the queue!

Oh well, 30 mins left in my latest attempt now...
Jon H
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Jon H »

jeneralrobin wrote:Ok, tickets bought! I used an iPad, joined the queue at 11:58 and it took just over an hour. When I selected my screen (horror) it actually said 'film4' in the drop down box. So I selected Arrow then reselected horror after. That worked fine.
Thanks to the person who spotted this one earlier!
I also had the whirry circle after adding to the basket, clicked back (got an error page) then back again which took me to the page for choosing festival pass/day pass. From there I selected my screen etc all over again, and it then worked PERFECTLY and took me through a very easy payment screen, and on to the printable tickets.
For those who are still queuing for Horror Channel screen, there are plenty of great seats left :p
That happened to me too - so if you are getting the circle of death try hitting cancel and it might (hopefully) just take you back to the select ticket type page. Worked OK 2nd time around.

I'm D21 in Film 4 Screen - looking forward to it!
danthsmith
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by danthsmith »

Worked perfectly for me but it is a total fucking rip-off to have to pay a booking fee!

I don't buy a pair of shoes and pay a fee for the privilege of shopping . I just pay the cost of the shoes. Why do we stand for it?
Rotty
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Rotty »

So annoyed and angry spent an hour in the q. Then selected my day passes, clicked on proceed to checkout and got and error page. could not click back kept coming up with below server error. Now I am in the que again which states over an hour to wait. There were not many seats left so I don't fancy my chances.

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception
java.lang.NullPointerException

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.33 logs.
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

Ok, second try went smooth.

I didn't need to use that back-button trick (hit it if you're stuck after selecting the seats) but I would still say it's the most important piece of information for those still trying to buy...

Good stuff, see you in August!
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

Second try - stuck on the circle of doom again. :(

What do I do?
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

Rotty wrote:So annoyed and angry spent an hour in the q. Then selected my day passes, clicked on proceed to checkout and got and error page. could not click back kept coming up with below server error. Now I am in the que again which states over an hour to wait. There were not many seats left so I don't fancy my chances.

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception
java.lang.NullPointerException

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.33 logs.
This never happens on the Liverpool FC website. It does take ages to get through (and by the time you do most of the tickets are usually gone) but once you're in and have picked your seats everything's hunk dory. I really am quite surprised how often it's falling down today for Frightfesters, considering we're only talking hundreds rather than thousands trying to get seats. According to the progress bar I'm ten minutes away from trying again. Fingers crossed this time.
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

I'm too scared to offer you advice. I got to the circle the first time through, back when I was a younger man. I didn't actually do anything, it just kicked me out to the back of the queue.
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Was intending to log in before noon but I went shopping and got stuck in a traffic jam on the way back ... logged into site around 12.05, queued up for about 1hr 30 mins, got a decent seat one away from an aisle in Film 4 Screen - when I later checked I think its actually the same seat I had last year - paid for it, payment accepted , printed voucher, email confirmation received, job done. Smoothest processs I've ever been through getting a ticket. :)

I accessed the website with Chrome - all seemed to go smooth, no hanging. Heres to my 13th year at Frightfest - roll on August!!
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

HeadOnAStick wrote:I'm too scared to offer you advice. I got to the circle the first time through, back when I was a younger man. I didn't actually do anything, it just kicked me out to the back of the queue.
My experience too. Am I brave enough to click the back button?! :o