Accommodation over the weekend

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
Gorehound
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Accommodation over the weekend

Post by Gorehound »

Looking to start preparing for my first full on weekend next year I wanted to know if anyone had some reccomendations on places to stay over the weekend?
Hostel, hotel whatever. Just somewhere close and welcoming to a horror lover after the days screening will save a lot of train journeys.
Any advice gladly accepted.

Lewis :geek:
"He`ll forgive them.He will forgive them and allow them into heaven, I cant live with that" :geek:
Twitter: zombieslew
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Accommodation over the weekend

Post by TheDukeAbides »

A lot of people do High Holborn or other LSE accomodation

http://www.lsevacations.co.uk/Home.aspx

Its Uni halls, shared bath room facilities and quite busy as the Carnival is going on at the same time (and the Challenge Cup) but you are hardly in the room anyway and they all do a very good breakfasts included in the price (not fry-ups though, but you can't have everything).

High Holborn has gone up in price since I bought, but there are cheaper option on the list just a slightly further walk away.
sevcham
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by sevcham »

I've used the LSE High Holborn accommodation before - it's in a good location, around 10-15 minute walk from Leicester Square and you'll always notice Frightfest contingent there. Just don't expect much from the room or the cleanliness of the toilets.
Gorehound
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Gorehound »

TheDukeAbides wrote:A lot of people do High Holborn or other LSE accomodation

http://www.lsevacations.co.uk/Home.aspx

Its Uni halls, shared bath room facilities and quite busy as the Carnival is going on at the same time (and the Challenge Cup) but you are hardly in the room anyway and they all do a very good breakfasts included in the price (not fry-ups though, but you can't have everything).

High Holborn has gone up in price since I bought, but there are cheaper option on the list just a slightly further walk away.

Thank you!

Lewis :geek:
"He`ll forgive them.He will forgive them and allow them into heaven, I cant live with that" :geek:
Twitter: zombieslew
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

I'm slumming it in Holborn Hell Hole this year just to save money. My preference for last year isn't available and even though it cost more it was worth it as it had your own bathroom and free wifi.

Holborn is a good bet for single travellers but you can do better if you're going as a couple.

Breakfast is ok, can get very busy but we used to meet in Wetherspoons and paid about £6-8 for a hot breakfast and free refill coffee.

Best thing about Holborn is location tbh and the fact that its like a trail of FF bodies going and coming back at night!
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

If Holborn Halls is booked up check out other LSE halls of residence places. If not the St Giles Hotel on tottenham court road is about a 10 minute walk and its half decent, and is available on offer if you keep an eye out for it on the usual hotel sites
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Northumberland House is closer than Holborn (on Google Maps, at least), slightly more expensive, no breakfast, but the rooms are en-suite and it's clean.

Stayed there the last three years and it's a great alternative to rip-off London hotels.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

I like the look of Northumberland House and I think thats a good option for those sharing rooms.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

LSE Northumberland House are offering a 15% discount if you book four or more nights. I got a single en suite room for a week for £460ish, which for West End prices is mega cheap.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Malky wrote:LSE Northumberland House are offering a 15% discount if you book four or more nights. I got a single en suite room for a week for £460ish, which for West End prices is mega cheap.
There are kitchens on each floor where you can prepare food and huge fridges to store it in (no students about so it's relatively safe from being pilfered). No breakfast, but there's a Tesco express on the corner and plenty of eateries nearby. I may see you there, I'm staying at Northumberland House too.
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

DJBenz wrote:
Malky wrote:LSE Northumberland House are offering a 15% discount if you book four or more nights. I got a single en suite room for a week for £460ish, which for West End prices is mega cheap.
There are kitchens on each floor where you can prepare food and huge fridges to store it in (no students about so it's relatively safe from being pilfered). No breakfast, but there's a Tesco express on the corner and plenty of eateries nearby. I may see you there, I'm staying at Northumberland House too.
Cool, I'm a Scottish short arse with a penchant for dungarees and fright rags t shirts. Say hello if you see someone fitting that description.
Last edited by Malky on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Malky wrote:Cool, I'm a Scottish short arse with a penchant for dungarees and fright rags t shirts. Say hello if you someone fitting that description.
He he, sounds a fairly unique description. :D
Tor
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Tor »

I'm only staying for a couple of days, so I went for the Astor hostel, it is in the area and a cool little place, been there before
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Tor wrote:I'm only staying for a couple of days, so I went for the Astor hostel, it is in the area and a cool little place, been there before
What did you pay for that?
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Malky wrote:
DJBenz wrote:
Cool, I'm a Scottish short arse with a penchant for dungarees and fright rags t shirts. Say hello if you see someone fitting that description.
I'm too tight for Northumberland House and not prepared to pay an additional £30 or so a night for an en-suite! You get breakfast at High Holborn too, although I never eat there as it's far too low quality for my tastes. Go to (the bakery) Paul for pastries and Pret for coffee instead.