Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
coles84
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Weekend passes - film clash query

Post by coles84 »

Hi all,

Not long to go now!

Quick question....if you have a weekend pass and find you have a clash of two films that you really want to see, is there any chance of seeing the film you wanted to see in the main screen at a different time than the time allocated to your screen? For example if I wanted to see a film in the Film4 screen and discovery screen but the Horror channel screen had a better time showing allowing me to see both, can I switch for that one film?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: Weekend passes - film clash query

Post by DJBenz »

coles84 wrote:Quick question....if you have a weekend pass and find you have a clash of two films that you really want to see, is there any chance of seeing the film you wanted to see in the main screen at a different time than the time allocated to your screen? For example if I wanted to see a film in the Film4 screen and discovery screen but the Horror channel screen had a better time showing allowing me to see both, can I switch for that one film?
Don't think so, your ticket is valid for the screen and seat specified. Whether someone could sort it out for you is another matter...
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

What DJ says is true...

...though I have heard rumors that if there are spare seats you can, with a pass, get in to a kinder screening - of course timing (and wasting it waiting) play a big part so it could all be a bit of a gamble.
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

i'm sure it's not encouraged or condoned but last year i managed to get into another main screen after walking out of xmoor, wasn't a problem ;)
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

tickets/seats are for the creen booked, I have heard of people going in to another creen at a different time, but they have been turfed out as they were in someone elses seat. as I understand it all passes for all screens are sold out so in theory are occupied, you could try though couldn't hurt
Eddie Krueger
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Eddie Krueger »

morralex wrote:i'm sure it's not encouraged or condoned but last year i managed to get into another main screen after walking out of xmoor, wasn't a problem ;)
I wish I'd followed your lead; I sat through that!
cphorror
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by cphorror »

I think it should be ok to go in and borrow an empty seat at one of the other main screens if the owner is away (probably watching something at the discovery screens). I'm going to be leaving an empty seat myself for that reason and it would be petty to insist nobody uses the seat when I'm not there. As long as it isn't dirty or smelly when I return, what should be the problem? You might have to wait a couple of minutes in the isle or at the door to make sure the owner doesn't come, but after that, why not? Just be really quiet and respectful reaching the seat.
Last year there we're lot's of empty seats at some main screen showings. I think it's better to help each other and fill them with people who want to watch the movies.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

It is not OK to do this. We work the screenings on an allocated seat basis. How would you feel if for some reason you arrived late for a screening and found someone in your seat.

If we catch anyone persistently doing this they will be ejected form the festival without a ticket refund.

Ian.
cphorror
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by cphorror »

I respect that those are the rules, but I wish they were understandable to me. To answer your question I wouldn't mind one bit if I arrived late and somebody was in my seat. We would probably exchange smiles and a quick "sorry" and the person would get up and leave. And that's what's happened any time I was in that situation in any cinema. People tend to be nice.

These are the rules. People pay a lot of money for the these seats and should be available to the person who has paid for it at any time.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

It can be quite territorial over seats.

I was once slightly forceful in removing 4 people from my seat and those pass holders around me (despite them not watching the film).

It turned out they were the family of actors in Hammer of the Gods.

In that instance those around me made the right decision to miss the film.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Plenty of seats during the showing of that film.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

Last year I came back to my seat 5 or 6 times over the weekend to find someone in it (I was on time for each film never late), asking them to move got several different replies. One being 'I've paid for a weekend pass I can sit here' how about no.
Just don't sit in other peoples seats assuming it's ok, they may be late and it's not your seat. See what you want to see in your own seat. Also waiting for a free seat once the film starts.... yeah totally disrupt the row and those around that seat.
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Critter Egg »

This is why people should plan what they want to see before buying their weekend pass. My man and I spent hours on the night the films were announced using a print out of the film schedule, coloured pens and the available film trailers to work out which main screen had the least clashes with Discovery films we wanted to see.
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

EvilAsh wrote:Last year I came back to my seat 5 or 6 times over the weekend to find someone in it (I was on time for each film never late), asking them to move got several different replies. One being 'I've paid for a weekend pass I can sit here' how about no.
Just don't sit in other peoples seats assuming it's ok, they may be late and it's not your seat. See what you want to see in your own seat. Also waiting for a free seat once the film starts.... yeah totally disrupt the row and those around that seat.
Were you in the Arrow screen by chance? Was the main offender a guy in his late 30's/early 40's with black hair?
jeneralrobin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by jeneralrobin »

Critter Egg wrote:This is why people should plan what they want to see before buying their weekend pass. My man and I spent hours on the night the films were announced using a print out of the film schedule, coloured pens and the available film trailers to work out which main screen had the least clashes with Discovery films we wanted to see.
We did this too. Glad to see another itinerary w*nker is in the house. I highlighted like I'd never highlighted before! It made choosing the screen so much easier. We had plan a, b then c. Trailer, score of wanting to watch, highlight in the relevant colour. Boom. Haha. :ugeek: