Discovery screen tickets

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
gazadams
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Discovery screen tickets

Post by gazadams »

I havent received a email about booking the discovery tickets ! I bought a full pass weeks ago !

Gary Adams :roll:
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

gazadams wrote:I havent received a email about booking the discovery tickets ! I bought a full pass weeks ago !

Gary Adams :roll:
spam folder? i got the email just before 6pm saturday evening.

the basic idea is this if you still havent had it:

Step 1 - https://live.advancedticketing.co.uk/k?v=frightfest

Step 2 - When the page opens you will see a box over on the right-hand side of your screen. Enter the 15 digit ticket barcode number and the bookers surname

Step 3 - Choose what you want to see and add to the basket.. - You can only get one ticket per film.

Step 4 - check out and print your tickets.
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

I'm not sure about twitter or Facebook but it has been mentioned on this forum a few time and the fact it's called Discovery At the Prince Charles kind of gives it away.[/quote]

Or that it's sponsored by the cinema. That's what it sounded like. Maybe having it on the social media would help, not just assuming we've all guessed where it's held.
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

EvilAsh wrote: Or that it's sponsored by the cinema. That's what it sounded like. Maybe having it on the social media would help, not just assuming we've all guessed where it's held.
http://www.frightfest.co.uk/2015films/f ... films.html

"DISCOVERY AT THE PRINCE CHARLES" - it is in big bold letters right above the film info?
Meanbobs
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Meanbobs »

It's probably quicker to get to the PCC than one of the upper floors of the VUE - it's about 30 secs around the corner.
webgnu
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by webgnu »

Uh, I wasn't even planning on coming this year and even I noticed one of the discovery screens was at the Prince Charles!

First time I came along, the whole thing was at the Prince Charles so have grabbed a single ticket over there for old times' sake 8)
PodOfHorrorsBoz
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by PodOfHorrorsBoz »

Meanbobs wrote:It's probably quicker to get to the PCC than one of the upper floors of the VUE - it's about 30 secs around the corner.
Bloody good point.

Last year after 5 days of movies you'd think maybe if dream about a scary moment or a shocking scene........

.......nope, I dreamt of escalators :)
PodOfHorrorsBoz
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by PodOfHorrorsBoz »

Meanbobs wrote:It's probably quicker to get to the PCC than one of the upper floors of the VUE - it's about 30 secs around the corner.
Bloody good point.

Last year after 5 days of movies you'd think maybe I'd dream about a scary moment or a shocking scene........

Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

PodOfHorrorsBoz wrote: Bloody good point.

Last year after 5 days of movies you'd think maybe I'd dream about a scary moment or a shocking scene........

I was stuck in a queue on a broken escalator behind Jonathan Ross last year.
One of the more surreal moments in my life ...
Living_Dead_Girl
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Living_Dead_Girl »

Living_Dead_Girl wrote:
iomega wrote:
We are not using allocated seating for Discovery Screen films. We have given this a great deal of thought. Because tickets can only be booked one pass at a time, it would have been virtually impossible to get seats together. So what we thought was by making the seating unallocated, seating arrangements can be sorted out at the time. Not perfect, but a huge step forward on the melee that was the rush to get tickets last year on opening night. The usual rows at the front of the screens have been set aside. We will have people available in the screens to make sure you get seated correctly.
Is unallocated seating just for pass holders? I am not a pass holder and I booked single disco tickets a while back and picked seats, I will still have those seats right?
Also as it's not really been mentioned the Prince Charles Cinema Screen, that will be at the Vue or The PCC?
Just going to ask again - those who have single tickets for this, are they unallocated like the pass holders?
Bigcat
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Bigcat »

Living_Dead_Girl wrote:
Living_Dead_Girl wrote:
iomega wrote:
We are not using allocated seating for Discovery Screen films. We have given this a great deal of thought. Because tickets can only be booked one pass at a time, it would have been virtually impossible to get seats together. So what we thought was by making the seating unallocated, seating arrangements can be sorted out at the time. Not perfect, but a huge step forward on the melee that was the rush to get tickets last year on opening night. The usual rows at the front of the screens have been set aside. We will have people available in the screens to make sure you get seated correctly.
Is unallocated seating just for pass holders? I am not a pass holder and I booked single disco tickets a while back and picked seats, I will still have those seats right?
Also as it's not really been mentioned the Prince Charles Cinema Screen, that will be at the Vue or The PCC?
Just going to ask again - those who have single tickets for this, are they unallocated like the pass holders?
Hi Living Dead Girl - I purchased some single discovery screen tickets for my husband. I've just checked them and yes, they have row and seat numbers on them, so it's just pass holders' discovery screen tickets that do not have allocated seats.
FannyHarlow
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by FannyHarlow »

Has anyone else had issues with the discovery screen ticket PDF's?
I printed out my full festival pass just now with no problem. But the discovery screen ticket PDF does not work, it just gets stuck loading with a spinning circle and the content does not load, tried on two different computers with the same issue.
Commodore
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Commodore »

FannyHarlow wrote:Has anyone else had issues with the discovery screen ticket PDF's?
I printed out my full festival pass just now with no problem. But the discovery screen ticket PDF does not work, it just gets stuck loading with a spinning circle and the content does not load, tried on two different computers with the same issue.
Only issue I had with the PDFs was that I needed to print them at 90% size as otherwise part of the bar code was being cropped off the edge of the paper.

Printing at 90% fixed that problem nicely.

Loading up the PDFs (both in Apple Preview and Adobe Reader) was fine.
FannyHarlow
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by FannyHarlow »

Thanks Commodore : o )
I got a fix - I clicked the download button in the top corner for it and it loaded it properly after that.
Living_Dead_Girl
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Living_Dead_Girl »

Hi Living Dead Girl - I purchased some single discovery screen tickets for my husband. I've just checked them and yes, they have row and seat numbers on them, so it's just pass holders' discovery screen tickets that do not have allocated seats.
Thanks Bigcat - let's just hope the pass holders realise this too or there could be fisticuffs! :eek: