Frightfest Thanks

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Frightfest Thanks

Post by Alex J »

I have seen some thank you messages already on here and on twitter, but thought I'd start a thread...

A huge thank you to Alan, Ian, Paul and Greg for organising another fantastic Frightfest!

Possibly the most consistent yet in terms of quality - yes there were a few weaker efforts, but nothing truly dire in my humble opinion. And let's not forget there were plenty of crowd pleasing films - I'm already planning a shopping binge to order a load on Amazon.

I think it is all too easy for us to take things for granted or overlook all the work that is done and the problems that need resolving in a festival of this size. And the organisers don't just sit and watch the films like us - they're busy sorting out guests (c. 300 this year I think), the media, us, the cinema etc etc, so a very heartfelt thank you!

And let's not forget all of the others involved - the guests, us the fans, the cinema staff (x2), the distributors, the Frightfest helpers of various descriptions and doubtless many others who quietly do things behind the scenes, performing a sterling job to ensure the event goes as smoothly as possible, so a big thank you to all! Well done to all!

Roll on next year!
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Frightfest Thanks

Post by Jekyll »

Big thank you to the guys as usual for a great festival.

Didn't think the films were that great this year but still enjoyed the event as usual.

Looking forward to next year already.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

As someone who's often moaned about organisational issues at past Frightfests, I'd like to thank the team for making everything run like clockwork this year. I suspect the discipline of running three main screens helps a great deal with efficiency, although it must be bloody hard work.

Everything started and ended on time, scheduling clashes with the disco screens seemed to be pretty minimal and there were long enough breaks every day to get something decent to eat (an issue which used to drive me mad before the move to the Vue).

As for this year's films... no instant classics, no absolute stinkers either. Nothing that really scared me, I have to say, apart from a couple of jump moments. If the subject matter tended a little towards thrillers and away from outright horror, I suspect that's governed by what the filmmakers just happen to be making this year... and anyway, it made a change not to have five or six films starting with a group of party-hearty kids driving through a forest and finding they had no phone signal...

So yes, thanks again and roll on the next one!
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

Huge thanks to the team who made this once again - as well as Paul, Ian, Alan and Greg, all the Vue staff I spoke to on ways in and out were lovely and bar the unfortunate issue with aircon the technical side was pretty seamless!
Plus, with The Strain's second season having already started, it was pretty easy to cope with any ads only being a couple of times a day each :)
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
bree1981
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by bree1981 »

I'd like to echo these sentiments, apart from the air conditioning breakdown making some screens more like a sauna on the Sunday everything else ran like clock work which can't be an easy thing to do when you have so many films showing over 6 cinema screens in 2 different cinema. So a huge thanks to Paul, Alan, Ian, Greg and all the rest of the team who helped to pull off such a fantastic weekend, I saw 22 films in all as well as 2 of the short film programmes and everything was too a really good standard, not one stinker which is pretty good going, roll on next year!
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

Alex J wrote: Possibly the most consistent yet in terms of quality - yes there were a few weaker efforts, but nothing truly dire in my humble opinion.
i havent been to frightfest before but i definitely noticed that only 3 of the 25 i watched were really, actively, bad films. that's some going.
jerichodark
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by jerichodark »

Brilliant line up this year, best line up since my first year (which included Martyrs and Let the Right One In). Thanks to everybody involved in making it such a fantastic weekend,
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Many thanks to Alan, Paul, Ian, Greg and all the rest of the Frightfest helpers. Things were smooth and well-organised, and were very impressive considering the size of the festival now. The line-up had one of the lowest proportions of bad films ever, with a lot of good films to be discovered, despite there not being anything I'd consider a new classic this year.
soberdave72@hotmail.com
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by soberdave72@hotmail.com »

Another Superb Frightfest Guys..... Thanks to Ian,Paul,Alan and Greg for another outstanding festival.

Dave
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bacchus »

Really well run this year and a great selection of films, consistently above average/very good compared to last year. Didn't think there was one standout film like last year, just a lot of well made/suited for this festival type films. Liked the bigger choice with the Discovery screen, I had no problems at all getting tickets for what I wanted.

Not really anything I can think of to improve on - which is a massive improvement in itself as last year had a few issues which have now all been sorted it seems.

Awesome job.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Adding to the thanks to all involved.

Everything went smoothly I felt, no major over runs, good amount of time between films to toilet or eat or see daylight.

Well done all.

One small thing - bring back the "Turn Your Bloody Phones Off" entries - they were fun, the Hellraiser one this year was irritating - and not even in a quoteable "The Strain" kind of way.
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bacchus »

Ahhhh....how I miss 'The Strain' adverts from 2014 before every screening.