Re: FrightFest has a new home for 2016

Post by iomega »

That is a horror film
Creepshow11
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Creepshow11 »

Personally I'm looking forward to trying somewhere different. But as Ian says it's not the location it's the community that makes Frightfest the greatest festival out there. Oh. Some decent films help too. :lol:
killer guinea pigs
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by killer guinea pigs »

i have alradey booked the travel lodge at covent garden on a saver rate so will have to stay there......not the end of the world but.......

Will i now have to miss the last film if the tube is closed?

I can still watch it but taxi / bike costs will increase the budget.

having to share with other people would be cool but if we are on different screens then it could be difficult to meet up.

Venue looks great and as long as we have enough passes for everyone then we should all be happy.

Will miss Leicester square though.
Lunny68
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Lunny68 »

A bit of a surprise, but looking at transport, it appears that it'll take about the same time for me to get there and back. Perhaps even less, as I won't have to go through Pancras.

Taking over the whole cinema is certainly a very tasty idea. No longer will anyone need to worry about someone dressed as Freddy Kruger scaring a little kid who has turned up to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks 446: It's All Gone Chip.

My only reservation for now, is that it feels pretty special being at a film festival in the West End, attending various Premieres, even if some of them are the likes of Shockwave Darkside. I'll miss being up there, as it's an area I'm so familiar with. However I'm sure once indoors, the atmosphere will still be fantastic and of course it's all about the movies really isn't it?
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Nobody need fear about missing the late film with or without 24 hour tube as the N207 night bus runs to the centre every 30 mins. Of course the inhabitants of the average night bus will test the courage of even the hardiest of Frightfesters.....
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Well I'll be honest and say I'm not massively thrilled about the prospect of spending the bank holiday weekend in Shepherds Bush. For me Leicester Square is THE location for anything movie-related but of course it's a massive building site round two sides of it at the moment and with Vue WE undergoing refurb then the guys had no alternative but to move. Selfishly I would have preferred the Vue Multiplex at 02 Centre in Finchley Road - Zone 2 Jubilee & Met lines and rail in West Hampstead and Finchley Road & Frognal stations - as there are plenty of places to eat in and around there, couple of big supermarkets, and in the very nearby West Hampstead high street. Also a huge car park where possibly a deal could have been done. But hey I'm sure a lot of effort went into picking the venue so I'll keep an open mind.
Commodore
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Commodore »

Leicester Sq just isn't a special place any more (which is a great shame) - the magic and film premiere vibe left the area years ago IMHO. Now it's just another dank, dismal, overpriced and unexciting London tourist trap with high crime and questionable public safety.

The Bush has good transport links (Central and Hammersmith & City line, as well as London Overground and tonnes of bus routes right outside). Westfield has a superb selection of places to eat and drink (and a supermarket, along with a HMV for additional movie and tv purchases) and affordable all-day parking (tip - register for an Express Parking tag to save even more on parking charges), the Bush itself has all the usual cheaper fast food outlets and other supermarkets. The shopping centre where our cinema is also has a Weatherspoons pub (good price booze and food) and other eateries etc.
danthsmith
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by danthsmith »

Spending the weekend in a shopping mall without being able to see the late night offerings. Depressing
Lunny68
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Lunny68 »

I was in London yesterday, so went to have a look. There's loads of places to go and eat across the way at Westfield, but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to just go for a wander in between films. I'm glad it's going ahead, but I may just do a couple of days this time.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

I have to admit. My heart sunk, when I heard it was Shepherd Bush. I know Leicester Square is turning into one big building site.
At this rate I may have to skip the last film to get home by tube instead of 2 night buses home- North London.. Where last year was one night bus. At the moment don't know if the night tube going to start in time for August. Depending if the plan like last year running 3x main screens running at different times. Also depends if I get a ticket for the earlier showing screen. :(

For those booking hotels, Notting Hill Carnival is happening that weekend. So start booking rooms.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
staineve
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by staineve »

I'm all for the entire cinema takeover and on site Wetherspoons! Alas the distance means I'm unlikely to do the full weekend this year. As lame as it sounds, two night buses taking over an hour and a half on a bank holiday weekend is a bit daunting for a lone female. That said, if I could afford accomodation nearby I'd be well chuffed. I'll still be aiming for at least one day pass!
twitter: @staineve
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Are we really getting the entire cinema? There's 12 screens!
staineve
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by staineve »

sherbetbizarre wrote:Are we really getting the entire cinema? There's 12 screens!
Yup, the whole lot!

http://m.screendaily.com/5101370.article

But no more Film4... :s
twitter: @staineve
Gorehound
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Gorehound »

Why no more E4???
Cant seem to find any official link for a reason and wondering if anyone else would pick up where they left off?
"He`ll forgive them.He will forgive them and allow them into heaven, I cant live with that" :geek:
Twitter: zombieslew