Accommodation

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Accommodation

Post by TheDukeAbides »

So, where are the best places to stay near Shepherds Bush?

Or is the LSE (Holborn, et al) + daily tube rides just as good an option price wise?

Maybe a Boris Bike (though I suppose it will be a Goldsmith/Khan bike by then)...
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Accommodation

Post by MalJutley »

There are a quite a few smaller hotels near by like guest houses. I needed a place with twin beds as there are two of us staying. Nearest good deal i could find with twin beds available was hilton olympia about 15 min walk away. Worked out £48 per person per night. There is a deal on at the moment.
The ibis is practically opposite only has double beds available was working out £350 is for 4 nights.
Prices will be cheaper than west end but with it being Notting Hil Carnival weekend there may not be many available nearer the time.

This is a link lto nearby hotel in google maps if it helps: http://bit.ly/225E8Wv
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

TheDukeAbides wrote:daily tube rides
...means no late movies. Night Tube service starts 12th Sept...
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

If you're not opposed to hostels, then you can book 4 nights at somewhere local like St Christopher's Hammersmith (https://www.st-christophers.co.uk/londo ... ammersmith 10-15min walk) for roughly £120 (sharing with 3 other randoms) or a private 2 person room at about £125pp.

Not affiliated with the place- I just walk past it on a daily basis and it came to mind :)

(Just spotted there's another one NEXT DOOR :eek: (https://www.st-christophers.co.uk/londo ... herds-bush) to the VUE, it's a bit more pricey for the private rooms though)
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Cheers folks, some of these already look very promising.
jediwilt
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by jediwilt »

I am one of the folks who already booked the Travelodge Covent Garden, the 12th Sept date for night tube services was for 2015, the new date for 2016 has not been announced yet.
Also there are 2 direct night buses between Shepherds Bush & Oxford Circus so that is another option for the late night movie person.
My hope is that the night tube is working, but I am not paying for another hotel :D
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

jediwilt wrote:the 12th Sept date for night tube services was for 2015, the new date for 2016 has not been announced yet.
Ah, OK - must have caught an old link.
Creepshow11
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Creepshow11 »

I've bitten the bullet and gone for the Ibis for 6 nights for £527 check in Wed check out Tuesday. Not super cheap but ultra convenient. Works out £88 per night. (£44 per person) which is comparable to the cost of sharing a room in an apartment. I imagine that hotel prices will escalate as soon as they start filling up so try and book as soon as possible if you can. Supply and demand.
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bacchus »

Just booked a bed in a 4-bed dormatory at St Christopher's Inn literally a few seconds from the Vue for £146 for 5 nights including breakfast. Not too bad! They're selling quickly though.
LeighM
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by LeighM »

High Holborn is definitely doable and you don't have to miss the last film. The N207 bus from Shepherds Bush Green is every 5-10 minutes and is a 20 minutes ride to Holborn area.

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/N207.htm
Gorehound
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Gorehound »

bacchus wrote:Just booked a bed in a 4-bed dormatory at St Christopher's Inn literally a few seconds from the Vue for £146 for 5 nights including breakfast. Not too bad! They're selling quickly though.

Thanks for this shout! I've just secured a bed for 5 nights and saved a packet. I hope its full of other frightfesters?
"He`ll forgive them.He will forgive them and allow them into heaven, I cant live with that" :geek:
Twitter: zombieslew
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bacchus »

Gorehound wrote:
bacchus wrote:Just booked a bed in a 4-bed dormatory at St Christopher's Inn literally a few seconds from the Vue for £146 for 5 nights including breakfast. Not too bad! They're selling quickly though.

Thanks for this shout! I've just secured a bed for 5 nights and saved a packet. I hope its full of other frightfesters?
No problem. If anyone else is looking to book, there's free cancellation and no deposit required if you book via booking.com

Considering its just a place to crash, I think its the best and cheapest option within a reasonable distance.
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

I'm booked in Hotel 261 which seems decent. My friends used to live in Shepherds Bush off Uxbridge Rd and have said a lot of hotels round that area are halfway houses. Just a heads up, to any others staying in that area.
Paul1968
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Paul1968 »

is it not worth sorting out some taxi share scheme for people who need to travel back to soho / covent garden? it's probably not going to cost more than a couple of quid each journey with 4 people in an uber
Suzybearking
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Suzybearking »

I've booked the Shepherd's Bush Hilton, not far to walk to the cinema and it's a decent hotel. Plus, you book now and pay when you check in so big bonus there. I was checking out the other hotels and any that are sort of OK weren't much cheaper than the Hilton.
Love life and be nice to each other, unless someone is a dickhead and needs telling they are lol :D :D

@suzy_bear_