Ticket Sales

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Ticket Sales

Post by iomega »

Saturday 2nd July.

FrightFest Festival and Day passes go on sale today. Single tickets will be available from 23 July. It's an online system again this year, and there are three ways that you can access the page where you'll find access to the tickets.

The first and easiest way is to go to the FrightFest website. On the home page from around 10 AM, there will be a rather large BUY TICKETS button. It will be live and will take you to the place you need to be, but the tickets will not be accessible until noon.

Secondly, if you're browsing through the film pages, each film has a tickets button which will take you to the same place and finally there is another link on the ticket page.

We've held ticket prices, although there is a service charge. It's slightly less than last year. I had hoped to reduce it a bit further, but in the end, it has not been possible. Service charges are just a fact of life these days and as unpalatable as some of you find them, I can't do anything about them.

There are a few more passes available than last year, so everybody who wants should be able to get tickets.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Re: Ticket Sales

Post by iomega »

Some wise words from John Dickinson posted elsewhere on Facebook this morning....

Just want to say good luck to everyone in getting your preferred seats. But just remember, issues with the ticketing system are a potential. These systems are sadly not infallible so something can always go wrong and a few people may have issues getting through it.

But stay calm!! You will get a ticket and you will be going to FrightFest! Don't have 100 browsers open as this just elongates the queue and that's when the panic sets in. It also places more stress on the system as it is having to deal with larger than planned traffic and this is when the crashes start setting in. If we all had 10 browsers going then it'll be getting 10,000 people queuing instead of 1,000.

And please don't get upset with the FrightFest guys if it isn't as smooth as silk trying to buy your ticket. They do so much work to put this together for us each year that the last thing they need is grief because of a system issue which is out of their hands.

Stay happy all!! Can't wait to see everyone in August.

Thanks John
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

iomega wrote:But stay calm!!
ARGGHHH!!!

<runs around in circles, arms flailing wildly>
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

...and I'm done.

Slightly terrifying watching the seats being gobbled up in real-time...
HairyMart
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by HairyMart »

:) Well that was the easiest ticket buying for FF for me :)

Hope all goes as smoothly for everyone else
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

got mine easy but my initial selections were taken before i could ok them! i agree that was terrifying.
queenb
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by queenb »

Really?????
queenb
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by queenb »

Seriously &@&&*% off. Waited all morning to get 2 tickets for Saturday and all gone! Not impressed at all.
hingethunder
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by hingethunder »

That was amazingly painless!
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Critter Egg »

Got ours nice and quick in the Arrow screen as we wanted, but I agree it was scary seeing seats being taken as I tried to confirm my purchase! You really needed an idea of where you wanted to sit beforehand!
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
Commodore
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Commodore »

Outstanding - best online Frightfest booking experience ever. No probs and a responsive, useable site.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Creepy shapes in the darkness? Creaking floorboards? Splattered brains? ;) 8)

Buying limited tickets on the interwebs? :o :eek:
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

That was a bit too easy.

They do all seem to be sold out too on all screens too.

Hoping no one thought it was take ages and is going to try mid-afternoon.

But I am very, very impressed with the whole process this year.

It almost beats getting rained on and lack of sleep...
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

Much much better than previous years, well done team. Yes, I got gazumped a few times but eventually got a ticket, isn't it weird seeing how fast they sell out though? I mean, wow that's quick.
webgnu
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by webgnu »

Are all the day pass seats genuinely sold out or is this a glitch in the way they're being presented on the site? It appears to being using the festival pass logic for both so I suspect that each seat is being taken off sale once it's been booked for a single day.