Ticket Sales

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Ticket Sales

Post by ChrisReynolds »

I think a lot of seats are on hold for 15 mins after people clicking them and changing their minds, they never sell out instantly.
Buffalobill
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Buffalobill »

Always the most terrifying part of frightfest! But managed to get 2 tickets for the HC screen, screamed all the way through trying to select some seats fast enough before they vanished! Not even sure where we have ended up. Roll on August!!
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

Got our four seats in the Splice Screen in under a minute. Can't believe how easy that was. And that was even with my bank declining the transaction at first to do a quick fraud check. That said I also can't believe all the screens are now sold out?!? That's got to be a glitch in the system surely?
CLince
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by CLince »

I've been to FF a number of years on individual tickets, but that was my first Festival pass purchased, thanks to a much more successful booking system. It was a bit frantic watching seats disappearing, but I'm very happy with the result. Congratulations to the team for a smooth process.
argento1977
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by argento1977 »

Wow-that was impressive! As others have said, it was nerve-racking seeing seats you selected disappearing almost instantaneously.
Already worried about getting a ticket for next year as this year looks to have sold out in 5-10 minutes!!
Lunny68
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Lunny68 »

Amazingly simple. I got a Friday pass for Splice, but unfortunately Thursday had all gone when I went on to that. Will try for some singles for Saturday later this month, as I really want to see Attack of the Lederhosen Zombies, for some reason. Karaoke Crazies too looks up my alley.
DucDeRichleau
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by DucDeRichleau »

Glad so many of you seemed to have lucking getting tickets. I'm afraid I didn't though. I had them in my basket, then registered my details, then they just vanished from my basket. I went back to the main page to try again, but they'd all gone. Am really devastated. This'll be the first Frightfest I'll have missed for years.
webgnu
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by webgnu »

Can we stagger the day passes and the festival passes next year? By the time I'd waited to see where my richer friends were going to be it was all over.

See you in 2017, maybe.
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

Well I'm genuinely glad everybody else seems to have had such an easy time. I tried to select a seat three times just to have it disappear and I've had nothing but the completely sold out screen for almost half an hour now. Unless it does turn out to be a glitch, it looks like I won't be going for the first time in eight years.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

In a way, that was the easiest - or at least quickest - booking process yet.

But also the most stressful. The tickets vanished so bloody fast, they were disappearing out of my basket in front of my eyes. At one point I had two passes but it was only showing the price for one, so that was no good, then I started hopping back and forth between all three screens because they all seemed to be selling out....

Anyway, got my two weekend passes. But I feel like I've aged 5 years in 10 minutes.
Last edited by The Soapmaker on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bloodlustbarbie
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by bloodlustbarbie »

I'm totally gutted, went on about 12.10 and in the time it took to register the last few tickets have all gone. I've already booked my accommodation as I assumed I would be able to get a ticket! I am so sad - I've been coming since 2006 and it's such a big part of my year :(

I'm sure there will be passes for sale as the time gets nearer and people drop out etc but that's no comfort now. I'm off to eat vegan cookies to drown my sorrows - if anyone finds themselves with an extra pass please do post about it and I'll be on it like a dog on hot chips!

Well done everyone who did get a ticket, hopefully the stars will align and I'll still get to see you all in August xxx
mathewxentrix88
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by mathewxentrix88 »

Well done to those who got tickets but don't forget it seems some others didn't.Is it definitely sold out?-it doesn't seem possible to me.I got mine but if it isn't sold out and there is a glitch somewhere it would be nice if Queenb and the others disappointed could have a little hope??
On another note-a few of my friends are gonna try for single tickets when they go on sale-do we reckon they will sell out straight away too?.
Last edited by mathewxentrix88 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

If all three screens really have sold out that quickly, I guess we need more screens next year....

I'm a bit confused by the system with the day pass/weekend pass thing. If someone buys a day pass for, say, Friday, doesn't that mean that seat will then show as "gone" on the booking system, in effect for the entire weekend, even though it should in theory still be free for the other days?

Edit: Now I understand, I see the day passes are actually different seating areas from the weekend passes. And the software has now been tweaked - or is working properly - so that the day/type of ticket is selected before going to the seating plan. Whereas this morning I was taken directly to the seating plans... to watch the seats disappearing.
Last edited by The Soapmaker on Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

But stay calm!! You will get a ticket and you will be going to FrightFest!

um not true, sold out in minutes so how can people get tickets when there are none available..its not the fault of the team they do a fantastic job, maybe a 4th main screen needs to be added for those who couldnt get festival passes..we only just got ours and by seconds. by 12.15 all day and festival passes were gone.
queenb
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by queenb »

Thanks Matt, just disappointing that I've been up since 6am counting the time down to noon and then the tickets just went! I was picking seats to be told they had gone which was confusing and frustrating.

Oh well I will have my own frightfest in my living room on that day !!