Films for FrightFest 2016

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
Adrian
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Films for FrightFest 2016

Post by Adrian »

I'll put my money on STAKELANDER, a sequel on the INCREDIBLE vampire apocalypse film, Stake Land. I've read that it is just finished shooting in Canada.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Adrian wrote:I'll put my money on STAKELANDER, a sequel on the INCREDIBLE vampire apocalypse film, Stake Land. I've read that it is just finished shooting in Canada.
If they've only just finished shooting it usually takes a few months for editing and post-production. Probably more like for the Halloween event or next year's Glasgow festival. Paul was talking about Stakelander in the Cannes postcards so it's a strong likelihood at some point.

Love Witch looks pretty good. It's had positive reviews from multiple web sites and Alan has been retweeting praise about it. The art direction seems fantastic, though most reviewers seem to agree that the two-hour running time was too long.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review ... iew-905020

As well as Love Witch, the Edinburgh film festival also showed the following potential Frightfest films:
Pale Star - Icelandic noir about a pair of female murderers.
Seoul Station - Cartoon zombies.
The Man Who Was Thursday - A Hungarian adaptation of G K Chesterton's classic mystery novel. Apparently this adaptation introduces a supernatural element to the proceedings.
The Rezort - People go hunting zombies in a zombie safari park. Great concept, hope the film can live up to it.
azrael79
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by azrael79 »

The 1st wave has been announced for the Third Annual Bruce Campbell Horror Film Festival Lineup (August 18-21 In Chicago) - it'd be nice to see most if not all making an appearance over here at FrightFest too:

DON’T BREATHE
A trio of friends break into the house of a wealthy blind man, thinking they’ll get away with the perfect heist. They’re wrong
Cast: Jane Levy, Dylan Minnette, Daniel Zovato, Stephen Lang
Dir: Fede Alvarez
Distributor: Sony Pictures
U.S. Release Date: August 26

ABATTOIR
How do you build a haunted house? Ask the enigmatic Jebediah Crone, the main suspect in a case of stolen rooms where horrific tragedies have occurred.
Cast: Jessica Lowndes, Joe Anderson, Lin Shaye, Dayton Callie, Bryan Batt,, J. Larose
Dir: Darren Lynn Bousman

BEYOND THE GATES
Seven months after their father’s disappearance, two brothers reunite to liquidate the family video store. Unfortunately, things go from bad to worse when they find an old VHS boardgame with evil powers, and all hell breaks loose.
Cast: Chase Williamson, Graham Skipper, Brea Grant, Barbara Crampton, Matt Mercer, Jesse Merlin
Dir: Jackson Stewart

FOUND FOOTAGE 3D
A group of low-budget filmmakers sets out to make “the first 3D found footage horror film,” but find themselves *in* the first 3D found footage horror film when the evil entity from their movie escapes into their behind-the-scenes footage.
Cast: Carter Roy, Alena von Stroheim, Chris O'Brien, Tom Saporito, Scott Allen Perry, Jessica Perrin, Scott Weinberg
Dir: Steven DeGennaro

THE GREASY STRANGLER
Pure. Fucking. Chaos.
Cast: Michael St. Michaels, Sky Elobar, Elizabeth De Razzo
Dir: Jim Hosking

HERE ALONE
A young woman struggles to survive on her own in the wake of a mysterious epidemic that has decimated society and forced her deep into the unforgiving wilderness.
Cast: Lucy Walters, Adam David Thompson, Gina Piersanti, Shane West
Dir: Rod Blackhurst

I AM NOT A SERIAL KILLER
In a small Midwestern town, a troubled teen with homicidal tendencies must hunt down and destroy a supernatural killer whilst keeping his own inner demons at bay.
Cast: Christopher Lloyd, Laura Fraser, Max Records
Dir: Billy O’Brien

PET
Seth works at an animal shelter, and for years has been secretly in love with a waitress named Holly . When he repeatedly fails in his attempts to woo her, he naturally decides to lock her in a cage at the shelter where he works. And that’s just the beginning…
Cast: Dominic Monaghan, Ksenia Solo, Jenette McCurdy, Nathan Parsons
Dir: Carles Torrens

SHOW YOURSELF
When his friend dies unexpectedly, Travis heads into the woods with his ashes to say goodbye. But as he deals with his grief, and the way it has affected the relationships in his life, he starts to realize that he actually might not be alone.
Cast: Ben Hethcoat, Corsica Wilson, Barak Hardley, Stephen Cone, David McElwee, Robert Longsteet.
Dir: Billy Ray Brewton
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

Looks like Neon Demon is off the cards, I think that as in someone's guesses, since frightfest have just announced a screening of it next week.
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bacchus »

ian wrote:Looks like Neon Demon is off the cards, I think that as in someone's guesses, since frightfest have just announced a screening of it next week.
Definitely off the cards, it's released on 8th July.
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

i didnt expect it to be on this year, but i saw it in some lists.

we find out tomorrow though, then the fun begins.
azrael79
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by azrael79 »

One confirmed title with the full line-up due later today - Attack of the Lederhosen Zombies, confirmed on the Screenbound Pictures website.

http://www.screenbound.co.uk/attack-of- ... mbies.html
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bacchus »

Going to take a late guess and say Rob Zombie's '31' might feature. US release date is mid-September, can't find a UK release date anywhere but this might fit in to future release schedules.
RFCOOK
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by RFCOOK »

Anyone see this? Looks like lineup went out early by Screen Daily

http://www.screendaily.com/news/frightf ... ntID=44435
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bacchus »

RFCOOK wrote:Anyone see this? Looks like lineup went out early by Screen Daily

http://www.screendaily.com/news/frightf ... ntID=44435
Oops.

No mention of DON'T BREATHE :( :( :(
Suzybearking
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Suzybearking »

I am so so happy with the line-up, I don't know what I'm more excited about seeing. :D :D
Love life and be nice to each other, unless someone is a dickhead and needs telling they are lol :D :D

@suzy_bear_
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

The list is out, minus the retro screenings but a lot to be going on with, the woods, white coffin blood feast all look good train to busan to end
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Arrow will be announcing their October line-up at 4pm on their Facebook page today.

Expect some of these titles to fill up the retro screen - like The Burning for instance?
Paddywelshman
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Paddywelshman »

Hostage to the Devil premieres on Friday 29th August at 1620hrs. Five years in the making it charts the remarkable life of Fr Malachi Martin; Jesuit Priest, Writer, and EXORCIST.

Using real exorcism footage, opinions from within the Vatican and interviews with Ralph Sarchie (Deliver Us From Evil) and John Zaffis (The Haunted Collector) it gives an insight into exorcism like no other documentary has done before.

It gives the audience a new understanding of a familiar subject matter and shows how demonic possession is still a threat in today's modern world.

Trailer - https://vimeo.com/135037980