Frightfest Thanks

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Frightfest Thanks

Post by Alex J »

A heartfelt thank you to Alan, Greg, Ian and Paul for another terrific Frightfest! I imagine an enormous amount of work and no shortage of stress is involved in organising such an event so I hope they feel it is worth it as it is certainly appreciated by me and literally hundreds of others, thank you!

Thank you also to the cinema staff, the guests, the helpers, the stall folk and of course the fans for making Frightfest such a special occasion! Thank you too to anyone else involved in making this annual spectacular run so smoothly and enjoyably!
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
hemi777
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Frightfest Thanks

Post by hemi777 »

My first frightfest and really this was the best 5 days of my life which i will never forget...Thanks a lot everyone whoever has supported this directly/indirectly and made the frightfest a successful one..
hingethunder
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by hingethunder »

Yes, thanks to all involved!

I think this was my favourite frightfest so far - been coming since 2008, not made it every year though. I spent about 50% of the time in Discovery screens which might have helped :)
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scarebear »

Yep, as everyone has said, Thanks guys, you are ones in a million!

The effort you must put in to produce such a great 5 days must be huge and im sure i speak for all when we say we really do appreciate it!.

The quality of Films this year were even better and the venue worked a treat.

See you next year!
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

Indeed thank you to everyone. Had a smashing time.
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by thatcambridgebird »

Yes, absolutely this! It may be my last Frightfest for a wee while thanks to an impending sprog on the way, and it was a really great weekend to have as my possible final one for a while! I say possible final because who knows if we persuade the in-laws to come and look after a six-month old for the weekend next year? I mean, they've been after grandkids for a while, so what could be nicer for them? :green:

Anyway, thanks guys, the venue was great, the line up was brilliant and consistently good with only one or two clangers we saw, the Vue staff were all really friendly and welcoming and the crowds were just as fab as always. Hopefully I'll be back soon!! Keep it at Shepherds Bush, I reckon! :D
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

thatcambridgebird wrote:Yes, absolutely this! It may be my last Frightfest for a wee while thanks to an impending sprog on the way, and it was a really great weekend to have as my possible final one for a while! I say possible final because who knows if we persuade the in-laws to come and look after a six-month old for the weekend next year? I mean, they've been after grandkids for a while, so what could be nicer for them? :green:
i came for 5 days this year and i have a 3 month old, my wife just went on holiday with the baby while i sat in a cinema!

Monday really pulled the weekend out of the doldrums for me. I loved so many of the films last year but this year i felt like i was sitting through trainwreck after trainwreck (blood feast, white coffin, downhill) - then on monday we get Found Footage 3D, Director's Cut, Under the Shadow, and Train to Busan. Even the Windmill Massacre landed well and I had low expectations for that having seen some of the other stuff that got through the net. Excited to come back another year, though my crashpad in London is a friend who is moving away so I will have to see how it works paying for a hotel in the city...
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by thatcambridgebird »

ian wrote:
i came for 5 days this year and i have a 3 month old, my wife just went on holiday with the baby while i sat in a cinema!
In our particular scenario, I'm the wife :lol: ;)

I could persuade 'im indoors to do a bit of daddy day care, but we both love Frightfest, hence the in-laws comment! Maybe we'll work something out, but if not I'll hold a personal Frightfest in our living room .... and I'll be able to drink again as well as just eat sugary snacks!!
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Critter Egg »

thatcambridgebird wrote:Yes, absolutely this! It may be my last Frightfest for a wee while thanks to an impending sprog on the way, and it was a really great weekend to have as my possible final one for a while!
I know how you feel, my man and I have been doing the full weekend since 2008 but this was probably my last year for a bit as I'm 19 weeks pregnant with our first baby, due in January. I did have a little cry on Monday night :) Hoping I'll be able to manage maybe a day next year at least.

Our baby was quite wriggly during FrightFest, most active during White Coffin! Maybe picked up on my exasperation with the film ... :lol:
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
jerichodark
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by jerichodark »

Massive thanks to everyone involved, loved the new venue, brilliant time management, just a great couple of days and what you are doing means a lot to people who Love horror, highlight of my year for the last 8 years.
killer guinea pigs
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by killer guinea pigs »

Thanks for another great weekend of entertainment. even if all the films arent to your taste we view the weekend as a great holiday break with all the extras you get ie guests, trailers and previews etc. thanks to the boys great venue as well.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Thanks Alan, Paul, Ian and Greg and all others who work so hard to make Frightfest happen. It seems to run more smoothly every year and the move to Shepherd's Bush was well-handled. I know I can moan about some of the films shown, but the two Frightfests are highlights of my year and some of the films are genuinely some of the best horrors of year: particularly Train to Busan which was the perfect way to end the festival. Also thanks to all the Frightfest attendees who make it such a great and friendly social event.