2017 Venue

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: 2017 Venue

Post by cineBAKA »

Thanks for your help Commodore, I really appreciate it. I've never been to Frightfest or anything like it before, and while it's hugely exciting, it's also a little daunting.
Vice
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Vice »

cineBAKA wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:00 pm Thanks for your help Commodore, I really appreciate it. I've never been to Frightfest or anything like it before, and while it's hugely exciting, it's also a little daunting.
It will be fine. It's very friendly, easy-going and relaxed - just lots of people in the same boat who are there to watch (hopefully) a decent selection of films with like-minded people, most of whom will be staying in hotels/hostels etc

Really happy its back at its rightful home in Leicester Square. Even if its a Cineworld now, that cinema is where I've had the best memories of Frightfest. Just a great location, central with plenty of transport, food and places to drink.

Frightfest is my holiday each year, I love it, been going since 2011.
horrorkid78
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by horrorkid78 »

Been to everyone since 2008 and the Empire was by far the best one but that was when screen 1 was massive with a great atmosphere before the IMAX but I'm still excited to see what this year will be like.
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

horrorkid78 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:03 pm Been to everyone since 2008 and the Empire was by far the best one but that was when screen 1 was massive with a great atmosphere before the IMAX but I'm still excited to see what this year will be like.
Yep, 727 is still a lot of peeps but not the 1300 or so that there used to be. I'm sure the atmosphere will still be great but do have to wonder if there'll be less tickets all around as a result. Or might the 727 seater be for weekend/ day passes (i.e. the more committed FF-goers) and a second screen for the rest?
Vice
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Vice »

benj wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:30 pm
horrorkid78 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:03 pm Been to everyone since 2008 and the Empire was by far the best one but that was when screen 1 was massive with a great atmosphere before the IMAX but I'm still excited to see what this year will be like.
Yep, 727 is still a lot of peeps but not the 1300 or so that there used to be. I'm sure the atmosphere will still be great but do have to wonder if there'll be less tickets all around as a result. Or might the 727 seater be for weekend/ day passes (i.e. the more committed FF-goers) and a second screen for the rest?
There will be plenty of tickets. I've never missed out on a weekend pass, and I've never bought one on the first weekend sale.
horrorkid78
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by horrorkid78 »

Thanks dudes, I can't wait.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

2017 Venue - Arrangements and prices

Post by iomega »

Thanks for all the comments. Keep your questions coming. We will do our best to answer them for you.

We will be publishing our plans for the venue in due course, but we are sorry to say, because of the move back into the West End of London ticket prices will need to go up. It's unavoidable this year. We have held prices for the last few events, but can't anymore. Any increase will, of course, be kept to an absolute minimum.

There has been talk of the Sleep Queue returning, but this is unlikely after the move to online ticketing, but we will be sticking to our one seat for the whole event principal. Unique to FrightFest, we feel it is one of the main things responsible for creating our inclusive atmosphere. Finally, we are returning to old ways and bringing all day and festival pass holders back together in the same screen. It's the first time since we moved away from the cinema when it was modified that we have been able to do this.
Vice
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: 2017 Venue - Arrangements and prices

Post by Vice »

iomega wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:19 am Thanks for all the comments. Keep your questions coming. We will do our best to answer them for you.

We will be publishing our plans for the venue in due course, but we are sorry to say, because of the move back into the West End of London ticket prices will need to go up. It's unavoidable this year. We have held prices for the last few events, but can't anymore. Any increase will, of course, be kept to an absolute minimum.

There has been talk of the Sleep Queue returning, but this is unlikely after the move to online ticketing, but we will be sticking to our one seat for the whole event principal. Unique to FrightFest, we feel it is one of the main things responsible for creating our inclusive atmosphere. Finally, we are returning to old ways and bringing all day and festival pass holders back together in the same screen. It's the first time since we moved away from the cinema when it was modified that we have been able to do this.
Sounds good. I think most people can understand a price rise.

The main draw for me (and most others who attend) is as you say - the one seat for the whole event aspect. The location (Leicester Square, not necessarily the cinema itself) is great.

For me, what encapsulates Frightfest is:

- Single seat for the whole event
- At least one main screen and discovery screens
- A 'headline' film on opening and final day
- A decent gap (occasionally) between films (45mins-1hr+) to give people time to breathe/eat/whatever.

Anything else, I'm not fussed about, but those are the main ingredients for me that I love about Frightfest.
horrorkid78
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by horrorkid78 »

Hi, If you don't get the weekend or day pass for opening night will you be able to buy single tickets for the opening night films on the thur?
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Yes you can. We sell three types of tickets. Festival and day passes plus single tickets to all the films.