Discovery Screen Tickets

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Re: Discovery Screen Tickets

Post by iomega »

All discovery screen tickets for pass holders will be available at the same time and there are no plans for more screenings.
theboxmanking
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by theboxmanking »

Good luck with it all this year, guys. I won't be coming as I loathe this cinema now since it has changed. The seating is crazy tight with zero legroom and comfort is very poor. Sure, the room is easy on the eye but it's simply not the same Empire that we left a few years back and is no way fit for 5 days of solid viewing. Unless you are sat in the middle of the auditorium the view is very poor. I had thought of just staying out of the main screen and watching everything in the discovery screens but given the lack of seats available it simply isn't going to happen that way without buying tickets again, which I'm not prepared to do. Well, that's me, it may be different for others and I sincerely hope you all enjoy it. Gutted I won't be going to anymore Frightfests as long as it's at The Empire - I can't believe I just wrote that, but it's true! - as it's just not the cinema I was so comfortable in from 2009 - 2013. :( :( :(
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Whiptail »

I dont really understand the ticketing.

If you buy the £195 festival pass ticket, do you have to buy extra tickets to go to the discovery films or does the festival pass include access to the discovery screens? Are the Discovery movies in a different cinema, as I thought the whole thing was in one place? Tickets can be bought online, but do you get posted phsyical tickets or do we have to print them all out at home?

Sorry for the questions, ive never been before and its all a bit confusing for a newbie.

Thanks
David S Smith
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by David S Smith »

Hey whiptail, discovery tickets are included in the pass. So what happens is you have a guaranteed pass for the main screen, with a specific seat reserved for you. Then at a later date you can apply for discovery tickets which don't cost any extra - although these will be limited so not all applicants will get places in them. As for the cinemas, Empire has a huge main screen and a few smaller ones that'll be discovery. Prince Charles will also host some and is a 30 second walk.

And I had tonnes of questions my first time so no worries.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Whiptail wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:19 pm I dont really understand the ticketing.

If you buy the £195 festival pass ticket, do you have to buy extra tickets to go to the discovery films or does the festival pass include access to the discovery screens? Are the Discovery movies in a different cinema, as I thought the whole thing was in one place? Tickets can be bought online, but do you get posted phsyical tickets or do we have to print them all out at home?

Sorry for the questions, ive never been before and its all a bit confusing for a newbie.

Thanks
D.S. Smith covered it above.

The date to (hopefully) get the Discovery tickets you want is, online from Saturday 19th August.
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Whiptail »

Ahh thanks, I get it now!

I take it the Dukes party dealio is also in the festival pass?
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Whiptail wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:36 am Ahh thanks, I get it now!

I take it the Dukes party dealio is also in the festival pass?
The Duke Mitchell Party, yes anything down as a film is included.

But this is a party most unlike anything else - last year I'm came away from it with a DVD of Micheal Portillo's Great Train Journeys...
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

Last year was my first Duke Mitchel Party....came away with Killer Nun Vinyl and 2 shots of whisky! its a a great laugh a good way to take away the intensity of continuous movie viewing (if you wish) I will more than likely be there again this year
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Wandered into the inaugral Duke Mitchell Party by, well I'd say mistake but call it serendipity, been to everyone, though I do feel I can overhype it, just have to be in the right frame of mind and go in with no expectation...

...and a bit of drink inside you really does help.
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

We are now using the prince charles ( both screens) as well so that means 2 main screens 1 for festival pass holders and one for day passes and single tkts, along with 3 disco screens
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

TheDukeAbides wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:39 am But this is a party most unlike anything else - last year I'm came away from it with a DVD of Micheal Portillo's Great Train Journeys...
You were luckier than me. I came away with two DVDs of Micheal Portillo's Great Train Journeys.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

ChrisReynolds wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:05 pm
TheDukeAbides wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:39 am But this is a party most unlike anything else - last year I'm came away from it with a DVD of Micheal Portillo's Great Train Journeys...
You were luckier than me. I came away with two DVDs of Micheal Portillo's Great Train Journeys.

Ha. Though I am slightly jealous, they make good presents.
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by cineBAKA »

Curious how the Discovery Screen ticketing works. If I apply and am successful for Discovery Screen tickets, will I need to print them out as with the pass? Or do I just get them on the day from the cinema? I don't have a printer, so just wondering if I should save printing out the festival pass if the Discovery Screen tickets need to be printed out too.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Good question
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
hingethunder
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by hingethunder »

Last year you could show tickets on your phone both to collect passes and for entry to discovery screen showings. Same ticketing system this year although different cinemas so not sure if it will be the same?