Issue with booking - please help

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Issue with booking - please help

Post by valido »

Guys I've got an issue already.
The way the system work is that you select seats and then they take it off from you if meanwhile they've been purchased by someone else. This might happen very quickly without any alert, you just see your ticket disappearing from your basket if you're not quick enough.
So what happened to me is that I selected two seats, then one got removed without any alert, and I didn't realise I was suddenly buying only one seat until I went through the whole payment.
So I had to buy other two seats (that's how I discovered how the whole thing happened, because it took me 5/6 times before I managed to actually select two of them), and I'm now left with a spare one and £200 less in my wallet.
I don't think it's fair and I'd really like a refund. Not sure this will happen, but at least I'd like to speak with someone. Who should I call? Frightfest? Nuticket? Cineworld? Can't find any indication... Please advise
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Issue with booking - please help

Post by HeadOnAStick »

My advice is to do what you've already done. Put the message here and maybe on the Facebook page as well. One of the FF organisers is generally monitoring these places (frequently Ian) and he'll be able to give you advice.
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

Thanks. For now I've contacted them on Twitter, been advised to use the telephone number on the Frightfest contact page but it's busy (not sure though if it's really busy or it's because that same page says that they're only open Monday to Friday...)
Might try Facebook as well.
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

Ah, the annual heart in the mouth adrenalin rush that is buying a Frightfest weekend pass. This year I got through quickly enough and was tasked with getting 5 seats, hopefully all together. And I thought I had them too until the system told me they'd already gone. Tried a number of times on different seats before it dawned on me the seating plan wasn't refreshing and I was trying to buy seats that were being shown as available but had already sold. Came out of the site and went back in and most of the middle section seemed to be gone so I got 5 midway up the left hand side without any further hassle. Apart from this deceptive glitch it was reasonably trouble free this year. Just wonder how many other people were clicking on seats that had already gone.
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

All resolved now, thanks!
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

I've been in the horrible position of being unable to get tickets in the past, and the awful position of having them but seeing others have trouble. I'm really pleased you managed to sort it out, see you in August :)
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Anyone else having trouble downloading their tickets. I had to use three email address, which is fine. But keep getting Generating your tickets... Please wait. One works fine in the My Tickets section.

Also I've noticed a part under Tickets shared with others - which says Not Completed

Maybe I need to click something.

Cheers
Sheridan

Have you gotten this sorted out? We have had several issues similar to this, but it is usually down to the wrong or incorrect email address being entered. If the issue hasn't resolved itself get in touch on the FrightFest email address to be found on the website and we will sort it out for you.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Hello Ian - issue has now been resolved. Thanks goes to Helen for the help. Cheers
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scarebear »

I had an issue with my Sunday pass where i selected the seat but got no email with the ticket on, even though the money was taken.

After contacting Ian by mail and phone he passed me onto Helen, who worked her magic and all is now happily resolved!!!

Now i can count down the hours!!!