Thoughts on the schedule so far?

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Thoughts on the schedule so far?

Post by WraithApe »

What's caught the eye of everyone on the Discovery screens so far? Dhogs, Boots on the Ground and 3rd Night have all piqued my interest, and it's good to see a selection of vintage films on the Sunday. I'm leaving it until the timings are announced before trying to work out which ones to go for, but there looks to be some interesting stuff to choose from.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

We are still working on our guest list, in fact we have a meeting to discuss this tomorrow. Once this is in place, the films can then be timed up to allow for introductions, Q&As and the like. We are hoping to have this all done in about 10 days in good time for our guest line up annoncement and the single ticket sales on the 29th of this month.

Ian.
brad1000
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by brad1000 »

To be quite honest this is the strongest bunch of flicks for years - i think you guys are in for a blast.
the house shot her !!!
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

Great to see the villainess and killing ground on the line up, after a bit of research I'm now also looking forward to alone, death note, tragedy girls, sequence break and dead shack on main screen. On the discovery screen I like the look of dhogs, veronica, cold hell and maybe our evil. To echo what someone else said, I'm a bit dissapointed there's no golem, thought that one was nailed on. Hopefully it will plug up that spare Saturday slot.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

This year looks fantastic, I tend to research my films to watch and do a Must See, Indifferent or Not Bothered list and only two of the main screen films feature on the latter list.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Vice
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Vice »

Too late for Frightfest to squeeze in THE RITUAL? UK horror being released early-October. Trailer looks great...

zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Looks good. Thanks for this Vice.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by greenzombidog »

If the films listed as the last ones for each day in the main screen stay that way I'll be very happy. They look like the perfect choices for the late night slot. Either super fun or super crazy, they really are excellent choices.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scarebear »

Got my pass for Sunday and the line up looks great. (1 year ill be able to do the whole lot, but work commits etc always fall in line!)

Anyway, as regards the Discovery Screens, im looking at Ruin Me, Devils Gate, and 3rd Night along with Redwood.

Lets hope they all fit in with my schedule and i can get tickets.
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

Last edited by MalJutley on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by greenzombidog »

I hear there's going to be two cuts of the new Chucky film. Please tell me we'll get to see the unrated and not the R-rated version.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

Main Screen films that have caught my eye:
(Not including opening night ones as we will see them anyway) 68 kill, Leatherface, DeadShack, Game of Death, Mayhem, Lowlife, Tragedy Girls, Attack of the Adult Babies, The Villianess

From the Discovery Screens:
Bad Match, The Glass Coffin, 3rd Night, Veronica, Eat Locals, Cold Hell and Meatball Machine Koduko all look good....as does Ruin Me....but its on at the same time (I assume from last years scheduled times) as Attack of The Adult Babies and Mayhem both which look bonkers for different reasons! Always a clash to consider
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Has anyone found any trailers for Mayhem or Bad Match yet?
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm still procrastinating over which films to see!

Does anyone know how shaky the camera work will be for Boots on the Ground ? I get motion sickness but could just about cope with The Blair Witch Project , but if it is worse than that I fear I could struggle to survive the film! The trailer was just about OK for me, but obviously watching a feature length film may be more problematic.

Also, based on the trailers, would it be reasonable to assume that Lowlife and 68 Kill will be marmite films?
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Alex J wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:48 pmDoes anyone know how shaky the camera work will be for Boots on the Ground
It's filmed exclusively by body/helmet-mounted cameras, so I'd imagine high shaky levels.