Discovery Screen Tickets

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
zoot69uk2001
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Discovery Screen Tickets

Post by zoot69uk2001 »

Omg that was helluva painful this year I thought it was me trying to do it on the train up from Cornwall with crappy 3g going in and out I was another one who kept clicking on another seat when it said the seat was taken... by me, for an hour, it wasn't until I got into Paddington that I realised what was going on I even ended up buying a bunch of tickets because I was to late. Kinda spoiled the trip a little now I need a long lay down
zoot69uk2001
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by zoot69uk2001 »

Btw sum of my tickets are free-house tickets and sum passholdes only what's the difference
Edit - think the free house ones are Prince Charles tickets
Last edited by zoot69uk2001 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by STun »

If anybody has 2 free tickets that they don't want for 'our evil' on the sun showing please please could I have them?

Sadly despite having two weekend passes, the system wouldn't let me get any free discovery tickets saying 'free passes are only for weekend or day pass holders' :s
Ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?
Simon1836
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Simon1836 »

I tried for over three hours for four tickets and got none. I just don't get the "Single ticket – pass holders only" option. Tried logging out and back in again. Tried clearing cookie and website data. Tried on both iPhone and PC. Ah well. It's literally Ruined Me!
Last edited by Simon1836 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buffalobill
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Buffalobill »

Horrendous booking experience, I don't know why they make it so overly complicated and near on impossible to book seats next to the people you are going with.

Ended up purchasing single tickets for ruin me despite us having full festival passes which really isn't fair.

Also despite it not meant to allow you to book more than 1 ticket it did, so somehow ended up with a spare for Glass Coffin on Saturday night if anyone wants it..

Anyway! Trauma over, bring on FF17!
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

STun wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:12 pm If anybody has 2 free tickets that they don't want for 'our evil' on the sun showing please please could I have them?

Sadly despite having two weekend passes, the system wouldn't let me get any free discovery tickets saying 'free passes are only for weekend or day pass holders' :s
Stun meet Soapmaker, Soapmaker meet STun
The Soapmaker wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:37 pm Well what a shower of fucking shit that was.

After 75 minutes of clicking on ever-shifting orange dots and being greeted with "you need to select a ticket", "some of the seats you've selected are not available", "that seat has been reserved by someone else" or "an error has occurred, please try again", the end result is:
  • My brother has a ticket for The Glass Coffin, I couldn't get one.
  • We have three tickets for Our Evil.
  • We gave up on trying to get free tickets for Cold Hell and bought the buggers instead.
Thank you Frightfest, please use that extra £29.50 wisely. Perhaps it can be used to sponsor some brave young computer whizz-kids to develop a booking system which isn't shit.
STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by STun »

PM sent. Muchos gracias DukeAbides...
Ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

And PM sent in reply.

Well spotted, TheDukeAbides!
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by WraithApe »

Talking of multiple tickets, I accidentally ended up with 3 for Diane on Saturday, so got 2 spare if anyone needs em, send me a PM.
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

Veronica and 3rd night on the monday showing only two rows available for pass holders..kept kicking us out and then sold out..there are plenty of seats to buy but why do pass holders and very loyal ones at that have to pay for their tkts..Chris and I spent hours on this, and it seems that some people have ended up with multiples even though we were assured that it was 1 seat per pass. We persevered and got most of the films we wanted but at least one we are not together,
We were also assured that seats would be split fairly down the middle which for those above they were most definately not,a third for pass holders and two thirds for payers.
surely your loyal pass holders should have a better chance fo get tkts,especially when pay for ones are not being taken up.

would it not be fairer to offer the tkts to pass holders before putting single tkts on sale and make the spread more even.
hingethunder
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by hingethunder »

Wonder if the number of seats on general sale is dictated by the cinemas?
From @frightfest on twitter-

There won't be any more tickets released through the site, but we will do our best to fill each screen that has empty seats on the day.
Best thing will be to check at the #FrightFest ticket booth a little while before the film you want to see starts.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

On behalf of Alan, Paul, Greg and myself I would like to apologise for the ticketing fiasco yesterday. We were badly let down by the ticketing company who quite simply did not allow enough bandwidth to their servers to allow pass holders to get the tickets without any problems. It was suggested to me more than once yesterday that we should dump this provider and move on to somebody else. However if we did it’s back to square one. This is the third ticketing company we have used and because our ticketing system is “unique” ticketing companies can never get their head round how it works. This year’s pass selling day went very smoothly because the company had learned the lessons from last year, but they did not pick up on the same debacle that we had this time last year when they did not allow enough bandwidth for everybody to be online at the same time. Saturdays problems were caused by the same reason.
wakko
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by wakko »

Ok, the three films I wanted I can't select as festival pass holder. After being gutted I was ready paying extra. Now no payment is being accepted? Any ideas? Looks like there has been some cock up yesterday. Feel sorry for Ian and team for being let down by those ticketing amateurs.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

What films are you trying to get?
Fturner01
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Fturner01 »

Omg the constant whining. Waaah they should let us pick first waaah single ticket purchasers should have one row.

Ultimately, this event isnt a charity. There are overheads that have to be met and part of that comes from single tickets.

Apart from the fact that you have a guaranteed seat in a screen with a great selection of films, what exactly makes you so entitled to disco tickets than regular film goers. So if someone has to work or has a family to take care of then how dare they have the audacity to come to FF.

For a group that prides itself on inclusiveness, there's an awful lot of snobby elitism on show here