Discovery Screen Tickets

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Discovery Screen Tickets

Post by husky1 »

iomega wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:24 pm What films are you trying to get?
veronica and 3rd night on the monday x 2 for each

Sorry, all the pass holder seats for these films are gone. If the seats that are available for sale are still unsold before the screening we will look to release them to pass holders if possible. Just be aware that it is only one free pass holder discovery screen ticket per pass per film.
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

Fturner01 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:43 pm Omg the constant whining. Waaah they should let us pick first waaah single ticket purchasers should have one row.

Ultimately, this event isnt a charity. There are overheads that have to be met and part of that comes from single tickets.

Apart from the fact that you have a guaranteed seat in a screen with a great selection of films, what exactly makes you so entitled to disco tickets than regular film goers. So if someone has to work or has a family to take care of then how dare they have the audacity to come to FF.

For a group that prides itself on inclusiveness, there's an awful lot of snobby elitism on show here
its about being fair we pay for our passes and we were promised that tkts would be slit down the middle.

Since we started featuring discovery screen films we have split them in the ratio that they are. That is 60% available for sale and 40% for pass holders. Nothing different has been done this year. The only difference is that because of the change of location there are less seats available.

The bottom line is we need to sell tickets to make the event work. It's as simple as that. The way that we split screens up is the best way that we can achieve the goal of being able to put the event on and still allow people to see as many different films as possible.

I'm sorry if you feel hard done by, but the four of us are doing our best with what we have available.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Fturner01 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:43 pm Ultimately, this event isnt a charity. There are overheads that have to be met and part of that comes from single tickets.
You're right, it's not a charity. We're paying £195 for a weekend pass and I had a vague inkling it wasn't a donation.

As for the sales of single tickets, judging by the number of seats which remained sunnily yellow while we were all desperately clicking on the whack-a-mole orange ones yesterday, the demand wasn't all that great.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

As well as needing to make some money from the discovery screen sales there's also a concern that the organisers wouldn't want the main screens emptying during some of the films. The split seems to be around 40% of the tickets go to passholders which seems reasonable to me. It was only the problems with the ticketing website that made this year's rush for tickets frustrating.

At least this year the chaos meant that people couldn't just grab as many discovery tickets as possible whether they needed them or not.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

For me there's two issues:

1. The use of such a tiny screen for the disco screen
2. The fact there is the PCC being used but the films selected for there aren't the ones that seem to be most popular

Of course it needs to make money but the crazy frustrating buying on Saturday was not helped by using such a small screen and yes it is frustrating to see so many tickets still available to buy

We are using the three largest screen available in the Cineworld Leicester Square.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Without sounding smug, despite the slowness of it did kind of all work for me.

Being furtherly honest; this way certainly beats getting up early after a late night and queuing it whatever weather it may be to get Discovery tickets on the day they were going to be shown.

And then still missing out.

Films can only sell themselves based on the write-up, trailer and word-of-mouth/buzz and then it may still be total pants.

25 films to see total over all the screens, I'm quite happy to be doing this of a bank holiday weekend rather than stuck in a tent/wet field trying to avoid pissed-up rioters at Leeds Festival, as I used to spend most of my time before I discovered FrightFest.

Unnecessarily angry, drunk, away from home for the first time 15 year old Indie kid or a crap film that wasn't my preferred pick...

It isn't a difficult decision...
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Kris wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:26 am For me there's two issues:

1. The use of such a tiny screen for the disco screen
2. The fact there is the PCC being used but the films selected for there aren't the ones that seem to be most popular

Of course it needs to make money but the crazy frustrating buying on Saturday was not helped by using such a small screen and yes it is frustrating to see so many tickets still available to buy
I see the frustration but I'm sure we'll get told each day where to go to get left over tickets should the capacity be there for each screen.

Though I suppose this is then a second free-for-all, but face-to-face, the traditional way.
Sue77
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Sue77 »

husky1 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:10 pm
iomega wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:24 pm What films are you trying to get?
veronica and 3rd night on the monday x 2 for each

Sorry, all the pass holder seats for these films are gone. If the seats that are available for sale are still unsold before the screening we will look to release them to pass holders if possible. Just be aware that it is only one free pass holder discovery screen ticket per pass per film.
Just to clarify, if we were to queue near the screen door/ in the lobby for those films we failed to get pass holder tickets for, we might get a seat if those available to the general public are not sold?
Jon H
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Jon H »

I agree with The Duke Abides and Chris Reynolds – in the end it worked out OK. It was a little unnerving to begin with, but once I had managed to buy for two films it was clear that there were seats available and it would be just a matter of sitting through the incredibly slow system. I know there were people who didn’t get want they wanted and that’s unfortunate – however, a quick scan of comments on here and Facebook would appear to indicate that most people more or less ended up with what they wanted.

If we had been pre-warned the system was going to be that slow it may of helped – but from what Ian says it wasn’t meant to be like that. So, not sure what could have been done differently tbh. I certainly do not want to go back to the days of queing up in the morning!

Looking forward to the weekend and what promises to be a great FF2017!
Wenda over the Rolls
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Wenda over the Rolls »

It's my first full weekend Frightfest, I've booked for whole weekend because in the past I have missed out on seeing the couple of films I wanted to see, ok I have had to purchase a ticket for Ruin Me on top of my weekend pass but I'm still dead excited! Woohoo see you all Thursday
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Whiptail »

I had huge problems getting tickets on the day for the films I wanted. I was very stressed at not being able to get the tickets I wanted on my pass, as most of the films I want to see are on the Disco screens. I was almost ready to give up and not go at all.

In the end I had to resort to buying the tickets. I had to spend over £85 on top of my £195 festival pass, but I got them. Whilst I'm shocked and a might peeved that I had to spend so much extra money, I understand why they had to do what they did with the seating and ticketing.

I'm very excited to be going and meeting the whole lot of you, just praying to anything that will listen that I don't get ill!

One thing I am wondering though....the screening of Redwood on the Thursday was saying it was sold out BEFORE tickets went on sale. Its the only film I have to miss out on and I was wondering why it was sold out.
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by cineBAKA »

I assume I'll be able to pick up tickets for Discovery Screen films showing at the Prince Charles, at the Prince Charles, any time? Can I go get my Festival Pass on Thursday and then immediately go and get my Prince Charles ticket, or do I need to wait until the day of the screening?
Sue77
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Sue77 »

With all the trouble in booking tickets last Sat, I've just realised that I've double booked myself in one time slot. If anyone would like a ticket for Ruin Me, please pm me. The ticket date/time is Sat at 6.30pm. First come first served.
Lou_Roll
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Lou_Roll »

Hi Sue, I'd love the ticket please. I PM'd you but seems sent in my outbox?
MI5 messed with my salad.
Twitter: Lou_Roll
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

My input on this is simply that I too was frustrated at missing out on tickets or the slowness of the site but demand is high which is good but yes not ideal.

I did tweet frighlfest highlighting the yellow tickets still being available issue and in the frenzy of it I can appreciate the frustration, however I guess they do have to actually sell tickets too. I did get some of what I wanted....and some were pretty poor seats but year on year things do evolve. I have to admit this is the first time since probably we used to queue up at The Empire tat there has been this level of discovery screen tickets. Also the quality of films on offer is to 'blame' too many good ones to catch.

Perhaps keep an eye out on the day there me some available perhaps. The organisers do the best they can and not everyone will be happy but it is what it...enjoy the festival as best as we can :)