68 Kill

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

68 Kill

Post by jonbly »

8/10 - Good fun throughout - maybe dragged a little once Chip was in the trailer, waiting for the inevitable...
Jon H
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: 68 Kill

Post by Jon H »

Now that was a film! Brilliant modern day exploitation movie, lifted from from the risk of puriance by a smarty script, fantastic performances what brought the characters to life and made you care. All helmed by direction that instinctly understood genre and how to generate depth and worth where many others wouldn't given the material. A triumph. 9/10
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

I'm clearly in something of a minority here in feeling a bit underwhelmed about this one. I think maybe I want a bit more horror from the festival and a lot of films on show like this one didn't really sit in that genre. Maybe also the viewing experience was dampened by just being in the generally half empty arrow screen....
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I loved this one. It maintained the pace and humour all the way through (including, presumably, the few minutes when I unfortunately fell asleep...).

Matthew Gray Gubler wasn't a familiar face or name, although I have seen a few things he's in, but I thought the guy gave a terrific performance. I'd say he carried the film but the rest of the cast were also excellent so he didn't need to.

Definitely a film to watch again.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Best overall film for me this one, well paced, well acted and well staged.

Funny, vulgar and gory.

8/10
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

This was a brilliant watch..not really a horror movie aside from some of the kill scenes. Vulgar and in your face and a decent watch with the frighlfest crowd. Didn't really buy into the fact every woman had to be a whore in it but I guess what works for the movie.
Enjoyable watch and one of the festival highlights