FrightFest 2018

The place to discuss FrightFest 2018 - Dates this year are 23 - 27th August.
evilweevil
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: FrightFest 2018 - Ticket prices

Post by evilweevil »

Hi guys, newbie here looking forward to my first FF and the announcements tomorrow! I do have a question regarding this (and apologies if it's answered elsewhere):
iomega wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:26 pm
All of the festival pass holders will be together again in the largest screen at the Cineworld Leicester Square with the day pass holders and purchasers of single tickets in the super screen next door.
Are the Q&A sessions only in this screen and for full festival pass holders?
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

evilweevil wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:15 pm Are the Q&A sessions only in this screen and for full festival pass holders?
No. The screenings in the two main screens are staggered by half an hour so that guests can do intros and Q&As in both.
evilweevil
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: FrightFest 2018

Post by evilweevil »

Ahh, that's brilliant, thanks for the info! I'm only about for a couple of the days so not able to get a full pass unfortunately.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Sooo want to check about the two screens starting 30mins apart. Am I right in thinking that one screen will be in the Imax screen ? Which banner will that be under Horror or Arrow Screen ?
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
argento1977
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by argento1977 »

The main sponsor always has the biggest auditorium and starts the movie 30 mins before the other main screen so the Arrow screen should therefore be in the Imax screen.
Buffalobill
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Buffalobill »

iomega wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:26 pm
All of the festival pass holders will be together again in the largest screen at the Cineworld Leicester Square with the day pass holders and purchasers of single tickets in the super screen next door.
Which screen is for single ticket holders - the Arrow or Horror? Thanks
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Buffalobill wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:22 am Which screen is for single ticket holders - the Arrow or Horror? Thanks
It hasn't been confirmed yet, but as Arrow is the headline sponsor it would logically follow that they have the big screen with the weekenders in it and the smaller screen is Horror Channel with the single tickets, day passes etc.
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

I'm sure virtually everybody reading knows this already but I didn't last year, so may be worth posting.

If you haven't been in this IMAX screen before and are used to sitting quite near the front, I'd recommend moving a few rows back. I went for my usual Row C last year and the screen is so huge and so close I had to turn my head from side to side just to read the subtitles - the wobblecam in The Villainess was so bad at that ratio I had to leave. I should have made an effort to find out first but I didn't and it did spoil things to some degree, so this year I'll aiming for the middle or possibly even the back for a change.

I'll also be double checking where the screen is in relation to the seats on the seat picker screen, after speaking to somebody last year who didn't and wound up in the eye bleeders at the front by mistake.
evilweevil
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by evilweevil »

Are seats also chosen/allocated in the Prince Charles screenings? I'm buying a day pass for the Monday and looks like I'll be spending a lot of it there.

Edit (after reading a post regarding passes): how do Discovery screen tickets work? Do you need to buy they in addition to the pass? I really want to catch Possum on the Monday so keen to find out before booking tomorrow.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

evilweevil wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:10 pm Are seats also chosen/allocated in the Prince Charles screenings? I'm buying a day pass for the Monday and looks like I'll be spending a lot of it there.

Edit (after reading a post regarding passes): how do Discovery screen tickets work? Do you need to buy they in addition to the pass? I really want to catch Possum on the Monday so keen to find out before booking tomorrow.
Discovery tickets go on sale later in the year, on the same website. The website stores your purchase history so knows you've got a day pass and are therefore entitled to free Discovery tickets on those specific days.

As all the Discovery tickets go on sale at the same time it can be quite a free for all - but yes, you can select your seat in all screenings.
evilweevil
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by evilweevil »

That's great, thanks for the help, think I've finally run out of newbie questions!
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Whiptail »

Its ok! It was my first time last year, and it was very confusing to start with, especially when people use the lingo that they're used to. Took me ages to figure out that 'the disco' was the discovery screens and not a party.

You'll come up with new questions as the days draw near, but everyone here is friendly and will help you out!
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

Don't think us old timers are any more clued up. I've been to all 18 Frightfests and I still mess up on occasion! Especially last year when it returned to the Empire and the weekend passes went on sale. Spent ages trying to get 5 seats together to be flummoxed at every attempt. Until I realized the seating plan wasn't being updated on my browser as people were buying their passes meaning I kept trying to get seats that in some cases had already gone! Keep an eye on that one at midday today. It could prove the difference between getting a good view and sitting out at the sides (like we did last time).
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

The Aylmer wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:04 amKeep an eye on that one at midday today. It could prove the difference between getting a good view and sitting out at the sides (like we did last time).
Which didn't turn out to be too bad anyway!
evilweevil
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by evilweevil »

Whiptail wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:15 pm Its ok! It was my first time last year, and it was very confusing to start with, especially when people use the lingo that they're used to. Took me ages to figure out that 'the disco' was the discovery screens and not a party.

You'll come up with new questions as the days draw near, but everyone here is friendly and will help you out!

That is precisely what I thought "disco tickets" were until I was researching the Discovery screen yesterday 😂

Thank you, I appreciate it, it all seemed a bit confusing but it's starting to make sense!

T-minus 6 minutes... Good luck everyone.