FrightFest 2018

The place to discuss FrightFest 2018 - Dates this year are 23 - 27th August.
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: FrightFest 2018

Post by cineBAKA »

Ticket booked. Panic over. It's amazing how fast those little dots change colour. :lol: I was in C last time, but went a few of rows back to F this year. I hope I haven't moved myself out of reach of the air con, which I found glorious last year. I may have been in the minority on that front though. Now just discovery tickets to worry about. Which was the stressful part of last year, if I recall.
SarahSmiley
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by SarahSmiley »

Ticket bought!

Although by sheer coincidence all my mates managed to get tickets next to each other and I'm about 4 rows behind them. Still, at least I can throw popcorn at their heads.
Lunny68
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Lunny68 »

Ticket secured!! As tense as always, but luck must have been on my side. First full weekend for a few years. Really excited!
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

sherbetbizarre wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:47 am
The Aylmer wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:04 amKeep an eye on that one at midday today. It could prove the difference between getting a good view and sitting out at the sides (like we did last time).
Which didn't turn out to be too bad anyway!
In that case you won't mind hearing we're out at the sides again this time! On the opposite side to last year. Those dots seem to disappear ever more quickly which each passing year. At least my browser updated as it happened this time ensuring my pulse rate went increasingly through the roof as the seats disappeared before I could nab them. No matter, we're in. Woo-hoo!
JimmyTheZeke
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by JimmyTheZeke »

I'm in F this year too, was further forward last year (in the 'eye-bleeders' as someone mentioned). Just hope this is far enough back.

Interesting to see so many seats still available near the front, these used to be very scarce 10 mins in...

Thanks to the organisers for a smooth process again this year, much less painful than previous years, though the 'whack-a-mole' still gets the heart rate up no end!
Gorehound
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Gorehound »

Day tickets on Saturday and Sunday for me this year.
Ticket site was very smooth.

Well done all involved and see you in August
"He`ll forgive them.He will forgive them and allow them into heaven, I cant live with that" :geek:
Twitter: zombieslew
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Well that was nice and straightforward - those seats were disappearing fast but I managed to bag one seat two in from the aisle and close to front so I'm happy. Fest No 14 for me and in my favourite venue. Ticketing is nice and smooth these past few years - a great change for the good compared to the nightmares in the past. Ian must be having more peaceful nights now :D
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Usual chaos. "One or more of the seats you have chosen is unavailable", "You need to put something in your basket", and all the while those green dots are disappearing. And sometimes reappearing. Then disappearing again. Someone, somewhere, must be getting the exact seats they want but I'm buggered if I know how they manage it.

Still, it only took 7 minutes.

And forward we go!
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

Well, that was smoother than I expected! Although I've not bought full weekend tickets for about 5 years.

Got the 4 seats I needed to, in row H.

Great work whomever made the call to handle bookings online like this. I did have a fondness for the sleepy queue, but it wasn't really ideal for everyone, so this is a far fairer, albeit quite the heart-racer!
Twitter: @ArghZombies
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by WraithApe »

cineBAKA wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:11 pm I was in C last time, but went a few of rows back to F this year. I hope I haven't moved myself out of reach of the air con, which I found glorious last year. I may have been in the minority on that front though.
Possibly, I thought it was arctic - I rarely have to put extra clothes on going into a cinema! I think you'll be happy though; I was in row F last year and it certainly wasn't beyond the reach of the A/C.. I'm in G this year, and I'll be packing thermals :D
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Is no-one having a ticketing meltdown/rant this year? That's very disappointing! 😜
kickasschewgum
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by kickasschewgum »

Does anyone else have a discrepancy between the seats that you picked (which also show on the tickets) vs the seat numbers that are listed in your NuTickets account summary? I picked seats in row M and all my tickets say row M on them but the account summary page lists them all in row O (which doesn't even exist in that screen).
kickasschewgum
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by kickasschewgum »

Actually, on second look, it looks like it might be listed as row 0 (zero).
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by cineBAKA »

kickasschewgum wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:20 pm Actually, on second look, it looks like it might be listed as row 0 (zero).
Yeah, mine has the number 6 on the ticketing site, but Row F on the actual ticket. It confused the hell out of me, because it looked like I'd booked a massive amount of seats in the row.
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

I'm in too - Row K for a change (although somebody nabbed G32 out from under my nose not once but twice).
sherbetbizarre wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:02 pm Is no-one having a ticketing meltdown/rant this year? That's very disappointing! 😜
It is a bit of a letdown. I used to make sure I'd lined up a good couple of hours worth of snacks and drinks plus a mate to take over watching the Spinning Circle Of Death for toilet breaks. Not to mention the days of having to kip in a piss-stained doorway in Leicester Square.

I remember when it was all fields :green: