Emails

The place to discuss FrightFest 2018 - Dates this year are 23 - 27th August.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Emails

Post by jonbly »

Gmail is blocking emails from Frightfest.

I can report it as spam, I can report it as phishing... but there's no button to reset it to 'trusted'... so no images and no links.

The email is shown as being from 'frightfest@mac.com via sendinblue.com', and Gmail's comment is that 'Gmail could not verify that it actually came from mac.com'.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: Emails

Post by DJBenz »

Have you tried adding that email to your contacts? That usually whitelists an address in Gmail.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Have there been any emails recently? I'm on Hotmail, but I don't think I have had any for sometime.....
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Alex J wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:25 pm Have there been any emails recently? I'm on Hotmail, but I don't think I have had any for sometime.....
Hotmail has a notoriously stringent spam filter. Definitely check your spam folder, if they even managed to reach it.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

What does this email say? Can't see it in my Inbox or spam box? I'm on Hotmail.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

The one I was reacting to was about the updated guest list... but I don't think I've had a FF email this year.
DJBenz wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:00 am Have you tried adding that email to your contacts? That usually whitelists an address in Gmail.
If Gmail thinks the address is being spoofed, though, that shouldn't work. I'll give it a go, though... but ultimately I think FF need to fix this.
Phil Newton
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Phil Newton »

I haven't had any emails from FrightFest either since that whole GDPR 'opt in' nonsense... have both gmail and yahoo accounts.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

We have had quite a few FrightFesters saying the same thing. It turns out when they replied to our GDPR emails they didn't respond to an email that was fired back asking them to validate their email addresses, the dreaded double opt in. To start to get our emails again you will now need to reregister and remember to respond to the double opt in email.

We have a newsletter going out next week with some updates and all the info about how to get the pass holders discovery screen tickets.

Here is the link to do so.

http://www.frightfest.co.uk/mailing-list.html
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

No, it's not GDPR - this is about emails that arrive, but that Gmail is convinced are phony. I assume it's because you're using Sendinblue rather than mailing us direct.

I've tried adding the mac.com email address to my Contacts... and that does seem to resolve the image / link issue, though Gmail's still plastering it with links begging me to tag it as Spam / Phish.

I'll see if the next one still goes straight to Spam like the rest...
argento1977
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by argento1977 »

Could the guests update email be resent.

Not possible I'm afraid and anyway it is out of date already as more and more guests are being added almost daily. Go to the news pages on the FrightFest website. You will find the guest list as of mid-July which was the basis of the newsletter.