2018 Lineup Announced

The place to discuss FrightFest 2018 - Dates this year are 23 - 27th August.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: 2018 Lineup Announced

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Alex J wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:31 pmThe Devil's Doorway is found footage I believe.
Trailer coming up as "private" on the site...
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by cineBAKA »

I don't know what it is, but this week has seen my hype levels go through the roof. There seems to be so much buzz on social media. The tweet about the design of the goodie bag and the one stating 10,000 DVDs / BRs have been produced. :eek: Do they give a goodie bag to every ticket holder or just pass holders, because that seems an absurd amount? Absurd in a good way though... :) Part of me is hoping Arrow secretly licensed the amazing Tragedy Girls and will include it the goodie bag for us all as a stealth announcement, because no one seems to have picked it up in the UK, and it deserves better than the manufactured on demand BD the US got. The new FrightFest Presents wave of titles (I'm hoping they're getting a blu-ray release, and not just DVD; at least some of them).

I've also been trying to narrow down what I'm aiming for next Saturday (?) for Disco tickets. Seriously struggling with the schedule. A lot of the films I want to see in Discovery screenings, annoyingly don't correlate with the times of the films I'm not that interested in in the main screen. I definitely want to see Crystal Eyes though (neo-giallo with a hint of Almodovar?; that's what I get from the trailer), Dead Night (annoyingly clashes with Incident In A Ghostland, but that's out on blu-ray the week after FF and it wouldn't surprise me if Arrow had it on their stall. It'd still be nice to see it on the big screen though, and it'll probably be most effective there), The Night Sitter (it looks less in your face than Anna And The Apocalypse, and I'm guessing from the Three Mothers references it'll be witch related, which I like). I want to see Videoman too, but I see no other option than to miss Terrified, and it sounds like that might be one of the most effective films on the main schedule... It's so tough trying to figure everything out. I want to see Secret Santa too, but at least I know that's coming to 'home video' from FrightFest Presents.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Thanks for the replies on The Devil's Doorway - it sounds like it might be OK in terms of not too much wobblycam. Crystal Eyes sounds interesting, although I am a bit concerned that it could end up being silly like some other recent neo-giallo films - has anyone seen it already?
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Whiptail »

I hope Terrified will come out on DVD at some point, because I really want to see it but also really want to see Await Further Instructions, which is maybe less likely to come out.

Still dont know what the mystery TBC one is though!
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Whiptail »

cineBAKA wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:51 pm The tweet about the design of the goodie bag and the one stating 10,000 DVDs / BRs have been produced. :eek:
Whats this about the goody bags? Will there be candy?!?! :lol:
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

sherbetbizarre wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:56 pm
Alex J wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:31 pmThe Devil's Doorway is found footage I believe.
Trailer coming up as "private" on the site...
You can watch it on the film's IMDB page.
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by cineBAKA »

Whiptail wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:08 pm
cineBAKA wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:51 pm The tweet about the design of the goodie bag and the one stating 10,000 DVDs / BRs have been produced. :eek:
Whats this about the goody bags? Will there be candy?!?! :lol:
I still have my Candy Cane from last year, from the Better Watch Out screening. :lol: