Incident in a Ghostland

The place to discuss FrightFest 2018 - Dates this year are 23 - 27th August.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Incident in a Ghostland

Post by jonbly »

8/10 - Grim. Terrible title. The twist was annoying at first but grew on me later.
looneygooner
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Incident in a Ghostland

Post by looneygooner »

Very for film, full of twists, thoroughly enjoyed this film, bit disappointed the Director couldn't be there FOR Q&A
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Superb! Loved the intensity, which was reminiscent of Dean Koontz's novel Intensity. Brutal, grim and very dark, exactly what I wanted from the Martyrs director. An interesting twist halfway through works well, while it's been a while since I have been so profoundly affected by a Frightfest film, but it was well worth the wait! 9.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
danthsmith
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by danthsmith »

Could have done with less hysterical treatment. The cartoon serial killers were stupid. all the cliches present and correct.She drops the typewriter on his head and obviously fails to finish him off etc ad nauseum. Laugier needs another idea than just taking a couple of actresses and punching them in the head for 9 minutes
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

danthsmith wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:37 am Laugier needs another idea than just taking a couple of actresses and punching them in the head for 9 minutes
How about taking a couple of actresses and punching them in the head for 10 minutes?
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

You know what you're getting - punching in the head, non-stop relentless screaming, lots of things around the place getting knocked over and smashed, more punching and screaming before somebody gets away for a few minutes then gets caught again and the punching and screaming can resume.

I enjoyed it, and I thought the twist worked well, too. It was also very, very loud.
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by WraithApe »

4/10. A one and a half hour brawl involving two girls, a fat baby man and a cross dressing witch.
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scarebear »

So dissapointed. Ill repeat the comments i put up on twitter on this - I love a good scare but i just found it sick, depraved & intense. Too many jump scares.
danthsmith
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by danthsmith »

DJBenz wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:00 am
danthsmith wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:37 am Laugier needs another idea than just taking a couple of actresses and punching them in the head for 9 minutes
How about taking a couple of actresses and punching them in the head for 10 minutes?
should have read 90 minutes obviously!
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

danthsmith wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:14 am
DJBenz wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:00 am
should have read 90 minutes obviously!
:lol: Same joke applies though; Laugier's new idea after punching women in the head for 90 minutes is probably to extend the head punching to 100 minutes.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

This one was meh.

I'd have gone full on dark and had
Spoiler:
one sister remain in her dream world while you hear the faint cries of her repetitively abused sister piercing her unreality ever so often
Spoiler:
I hate Ewoks