What happen to the hygiene guy?

The place to discuss FrightFest 2018 - Dates this year are 23 - 27th August.
Paxton
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

What happen to the hygiene guy?

Post by Paxton »

The other night Ian went all medieval on some bloke for his body odour issues, talk about 'naming and shaming'. I really want to know what happened, did the guy slope off never to be seen, has he come back as a refreshed (literally) and revitalised 'new' man, or has he decided to just blag it out?

SOMEBODY UP DATE ME, PLEASE!
danthsmith
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: What happen to the hygiene guy?

Post by danthsmith »

I thought that was a bit unforgivable. i'm a teacher and have dealt with this stuff. You don't call out the smelly, neglected student in front of the whole school for fucks sake! its a tricky one but needs talking to quietly. The poor guy must have been absolutely traumatised!
Paxton
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Paxton »

Fair point, there is more than a touch of 'school bully' about it. It was obvious that everyone in the cinema felt a bit awkward.
Seat@theBack
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Seat@theBack »

I'm going to stock up on the Lynx before CLIMAX..
looneygooner
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by looneygooner »

It has been a massive problem for years, I had it one year with three people behind us and I nearly retched from the lack of hygiene, some people have to be told and if you intend to sit in a seat for four days and have no consideration for other film goers, sorry I have no sympathy, me I would have tarred and feathered him
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

I assumed he was the guy led against the cinema doors the other night - he wasn't moving...
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

I didn't witness the incident, but I heard about it through several people, and I'm appalled. You can say "some people have to be told", but this could have obvious been someone with a medical problem or someone with bad smell who wasn't aware of there own BO.

If this is a problem, the person in question needs to be taken to one side and quietly spoken to, embarrassing and humiliating them in front of a packed cinema is totally fucking out of order.
Paul1968
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Paul1968 »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by Paul1968 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Didn’t witness this one however in the past I’ve had the dubious “pleasure” of sitting in the row behind Mr Stink and his two slightly less whiffy friends. Don’t know the circumstances with this years guy but this particular Mr Stink I experienced knew fully bloody well he whiffed and seemed to take some strange pride in it - those sitting in the front who tried to have a polite word got told to fuck off. Lovely .....
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Seat@theBack wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:54 am I'm going to stock up on the Lynx before CLIMAX..
Did you get mobbed by scantily-clad supermodels?
Alnapa
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Alnapa »

Is there a possibility he was told privately yet still decided not to shower?

One year, during a screening of Tucker and Dale Vs Evil we had someone like that sit next to us and resulted in us moving 5/6 seats down however we could still smell it and led to a less than enjoyable viewing. Adults should know whether they are exhibiting a ruthless odour and showering is not hard.

For me it is tough love and needs to be done.
Seat@theBack
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Seat@theBack »

I had a man's giant hotdog sticking in my face during CLIMAX and the amount of mustard was a whole new level of extreme! On my other side there was the biggest pot of popcorn - ever! I felt like I was the lettuce in a sandwich!

Give me authentic horror sweat over that thing in a bun any day: and horror is supposed to make you sweat and your palms go slippery and your knees knock.

No amount of deodorant can stop that from happening :p
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Seat@theBack wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:01 am I had a man's giant hotdog sticking in my face during CLIMAX
If only the Carry On films were still going. Classic 'Oh Matron' dialogue. :lol:
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

DJBenz wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:03 am
Seat@theBack wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:01 am I had a man's giant hotdog sticking in my face during CLIMAX
If only the Carry On films were still going. Classic 'Oh Matron' dialogue. :lol:
Hah! You beat me to it 😂😂😂😂
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

I wasn't there for the incident but in this present time of outrage and offence I feel I must have an opinion on the matter...