2019 Discovery Screens

JimmyTheZeke
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

2019 Discovery Screens

Post by JimmyTheZeke »

Hey folks,

Anyone in the know about securing tickets for the Discovery Screenings this year? Apologies if the process is detailed somewhere, or in another thread. I've just searched and cannot find any info?

I've been to FF a few times now and each year I forget how we get the tickets, or it changes slightly... Last year I didn't bother, just watched the main screen. :eek:

Many thanks
ItWasAllGiallo
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: 2019 Discovery Screens

Post by ItWasAllGiallo »

If it’s the same as the last couple of years then
they’ll become available through the same ticketing site closer to the festival.
As a festival pass holder you will be able to select 1 seat (where available) for each of discovery films you wish to see.
If someone else bought your festival pass for you, that person will need to assign it to you so that it is on your account when you go to book the disco tickets. I’m pretty sure you can’t book disco tickets for other people if, say, you bought 3 passes and you haven’t assigned the other 2 out.
I think that makes sense, but I’m absolutely certain that someone else can explain it using less words and far more clearly. :D
VictorCrowley82
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by VictorCrowley82 »

I just want to say for those who did not go to Glasgow this year. I cannot recommend enough Freaks and also Here comes Hell!

They were our picks of the festival!
JimmyTheZeke
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by JimmyTheZeke »

ItWasAllGiallo wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:58 pm If it’s the same as the last couple of years then
they’ll become available through the same ticketing site closer to the festival.
As a festival pass holder you will be able to select 1 seat (where available) for each of discovery films you wish to see.
If someone else bought your festival pass for you, that person will need to assign it to you so that it is on your account when you go to book the disco tickets. I’m pretty sure you can’t book disco tickets for other people if, say, you bought 3 passes and you haven’t assigned the other 2 out.
I think that makes sense, but I’m absolutely certain that someone else can explain it using less words and far more clearly. :D
Ta! I think that makes sense. I bought a friend's ticket, so hopefully they can choose their own Disco tickets. First time I've bought one for someone else, so we'll see. Thanks for the reply. ;)
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by cineBAKA »

Is it when single tickets go on sale that we can secure Discovery tickets? Or has it just not been announced yet? I can't for the life of me remember how it went last year. I'm just curious because I haven't had a spare minute to properly peruse the schedule and make selections.
argento1977
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by argento1977 »

Last year, if I recall correctly, the allocated public tickets for the Disco screen went on sale first and then the pass holder seats were made available for booking 2-3 weeks later.
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Whiptail »

Ive never managed to work out how to get the free tickets if you have a festival pass. I always have to pay for them.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Whiptail wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:41 pm Ive never managed to work out how to get the free tickets if you have a festival pass. I always have to pay for them.

Have an order of what you'd want to see most and go for that first.

Repeat for each film/event.

Hope luck is on your side.
zoot69uk2001
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by zoot69uk2001 »

2019 Frightfest is coming up soon, is it still the same to book the free passholders discovery tickets on the Saturday before the start of Frifghtfest. We normally get some official word by now
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Yep, the Saturday before the festival at noon.
phillip 1964
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by phillip 1964 »

any idea what time on pass holders can get tickets on the 17
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

phillip 1964 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:38 pm any idea what time on pass holders can get tickets on the 17
12 noon
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Here is a reminder about Discovery Screen tickets for pass holders.

We will be releasing the Discovery Screen tickets for FrightFest 2019 pass holders on Saturday 17 August at Noon. Good luck in getting yours and remember they are first come first served. If you don't get your first choice, try something else. There is a treasure trove of gems to be discovered in our discovery strand. 

This is how you do it…..

1 - Go to https://frightfest.nutickets.com/events/

2 – Choose the discovery screen that the film you wish tickets for is playing in.

3 – Choose your film. When the screen opens, you will see two choices. Single ticket and single ticket – pass holders only. You will need to select one of the seats that are orange. Click the box at the right-hand side of the panel single ticket – pass holders only and the number 1 will appear. Note you are only allowed one ticket. Press BUY NOW. 

4 - You will be prompted to enter your email address and password. Do so and click log in. Check the email address that you wish your ticket sent to and click continue. 

5 - Follow the prompts and repeat for each film you want to see. You will only need to log in this first time and remember to log out once done.”

Remember Discovery Screen tickets are allocated, so you may not always end up with a seat next to your friend – but perfect chance to meet new FrightFest friends!

A FEW POINTS TO NOTE

NO TICKET. NO ENTRY. 

Please don't try and sneak in. If we have spare tickets, we will release them. As it is allocated seating, even if there appears to be an empty seat, we can't give it away. That person could be running late, in the bathroom or any other number of reasons, and it's not fun to find someone sitting in your seat... It means either a disruption to the screening to sort it out or someone who has paid for their place missing out. 

Because of the way the screen and entrance are situated, Latecomers for the Cineworld Discovery Screen may be refused entry. 

All Discovery tickets will be released at Cineworld queue even if the screening is for the Prince Charles Cinema. The queue will start no earlier than 15 mins before the screening, and tickets issued no earlier than 5 mins before the introduction is due to start. I'll try to keep the queue updated as to the chances of getting a ticket.

Tickets will be checked at both the Cineworld and Prince Charles Cinema so please either have them printed or in your phone ready for scanning. 

PLEASE HAND BACK ANY DISCOVERY TICKETS YOU NO LONGER NEED. 
These will then be distributed to the queue. 

ONE TICKET PER PERSON IN THE QUEUE. 

If both of you want a ticket, both will need to queue. This will not only make it fair to others, but you'll also get a better idea of how many people are ahead of you, and whether it is worth risking missing the start of your main screen film for. 

We understand it can be frustrating that not everyone got the tickets they wanted (some, none at all), but with over 850 weekend and day passes, and the smaller screen seating less than 100 people, even if we offered all the tickets out to pass holders (which clearly couldn't happen financially), there would still be a considerable number of disappointed fans. 

We will try our best to get the discovery screens as full as possible and in as fair away as we can.
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by cineBAKA »

There seems to be an open space on the Saturday, around 6:30, between Extracurricular and Halloween Party. Is that likely to be filled prior to Saturday, or is it being saved for something that proves unexpectedly popular?

I can't lie I'm finding scheduling Saturday the hardest. There's not a lot that appeals to me in the main screen. Looking at what I want to see, there are more Discovery screenings than ever before, which will probably mean more heartache when I inevitably miss out on some. Praying the ticketing site will not be as hostile to the process this time too.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

At this stage, we are not planning to be adding in any further screenings.